Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I will apologize if this is not in the correct thread.

Ok. Now I've been thinking about prepping for a very long time and I have just recently wanted to to start. You usually have to have a good reason to start you know in case of a tornado or some kind of natural disaster or something like that. You have a purpose for this. When I think of prepping I usually think of bugging out it may not be every case but that's usually what I think of. So my question is what could or would happen to make you have to bug out of your home and never return? I live in the suburbs and about 15-20 minutes depending how fast you drive lol from a major city. I think about this kind of stuff a lot so what would happen to make me have to leave and never return? I also rent I don't own my own home so modifying my house and stuff wouldn't be as realistic for me lol. Don't know if that means much but just thought I'd include it.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Meltdown of the two nuclear reactors 50 miles upwind of me. That's really the only thing I would bug out for. I live on a hilltop, so no floods. Tornadoes are almost non-existent here. Forget FEMA camps for a bio weapon refuge, I'm better off at home. I guess a county-wide fire storm would get me truckin'. But I'm pretty well prepped for most threats, and will fight to the death at my bug-in.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
My wife and I worked hard all our lives to enable us to be where we are now.
On our own little farm that is all paid for.
We both grew up and lived in highly populated areas, and our dream had been to get out to the country for a long time.
So, I guess you could say we bugged out over 20 years ago. Before the Y2K scare, actually.

If I were you, I would continue to rent, save every penny possible, and find a job and property in a small town.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Last stand is here. If we can not hold on here where could we?. We are not in a city, we know how to do what must be done. We know how to and are prepared to protect it.
What would make us leave nothing short of God.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
At 72 years of age, . . . bugging out on Friday with the garbage to go to the road, . . . I take the station wagon, . . . and then rest for a half hour after I get back.

I am in all liklihood gonna be taken feet first from here.

Now of course if the place got flattened by a twister or something like that, . . . yeah, . . . I'd move somewhere, . . . but it would be against my wishes, . . . and as soon as I could build a place to come back to, . . . I'm back here.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Foreign army invading, Large roving rioting mob. I am as much a homesteader as I am a prepper I am not planing on moving.

Flooding is not a problem for me I have a part of my pasture on my farm that will but the whole thing and the house never. Heavy snow, ice , cold got plenty of ways to heat. power outage- got generators and solar, Earth quake I just have to repair , maybe live in the camper or a tent for a while. Economic breakdown we can eat. Loss of public water / rural water we have filters , ponds, a stream and a well. Tornado just have to rebuild.

Now war raging on the door step I plan on being gone.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Im renting now and it isnt the best place to stay but I live and die by the sword come what may, my wife and I will hold the fort until the Almighty calls us and our daughter home

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Getting the 308's out tomorrow. One of my sons coming. Work on stand of range a bit. We are staying as I said.

Reactions: Slippy and dwight55

·
Registered
11,811 Posts
I am staying put. I am in the burbs and own my home. I am prepared if I have to bug out if forced, but it's a last option. I have a location but it's 800 miles, maybe if I see it coming soon enough it's an option. At 57, on the road with just my wife and few supplies, bad odds. More then likely I stay put with my supplies and defenses, try to recruit allies and fight with what I have for as long as I have.

Reactions: dwight55

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
We ain't going anywhere because of a SHTF incident. Like others I'm too darned old to get run off by a bunch of city folk or zombies

Reactions: dwight55

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Like @sidekhar said , only something that irreversibly makes my home uninhabitable.

Reactions: Redwood Country

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
we live on a farm.. in the event of an extended FLUSH scenario we stay put.. will have caches around the are for emergency fall-back positions in the event a convoy of tanks comes rollin over the hill, or they start a mile long fire upwind of us... but we are in a position to see that coming and will use guerilla tactics after that and stick around the township wolverine's style..

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
I live...
45 minutes outside Philly
1 1/2 from Baltimore
2+ DC
3 NYC

I'm in hell if the SHTF!! I gotta prepare for both. Realistically, I have a lot of people headed my way.

·
Registered
21,119 Posts
I've built a homestead on a perfect piece of land and done all I can to secure it.

Circumstances have made me a hired "gun", hence, I am working out of town. But I've got the ways and means to make it back to my Alamo.

Molon Labe Mother ******!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Like the others said, NOTHING will make me leave. I'll die here well fed and armed. Not running scared trying to survive.
I agree with you , it's safer at home with everything you need then to bug out and have to find everything .

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
So my question is what could or would happen to make you have to bug out of your home and never return?
Not much, I live in the woods so maybe a forest fire. A new government turned tyrannical(If only Hillary would have won). Probably the most serious would be if a nuclear power plant on Michigans border melted down and caused a lot of fallout.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts