Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If they want my 40 year old Savage shotgun, they can have it... it's all I've got left and it hurts my delicate shoulder to shoot it.

·
Administrator
15,022 Posts
I'm not worried about it, frankly.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm not worried either since they can only account for a small percentage of them. Besides the number of armed US citizens is a larger army than China, Russia, Europe and the USA combined. This in a country that can't cross reference birth and death certificates much less voter rolls.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Are they allowed to take your guns in America?

"..the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed......The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated"- US Constitution

"A free people ought to be armed" ― George Washington

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American peoples liberty teeth....The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." ― George Washington

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."- George Washington

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."- John Adams

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."- Richard Henry Lee

"The right of self defense is the first law of nature"- St. George Tucker

Minute Man statue

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The only possible excuse they might have for taking a citizen's guns is if a judge considers him not fit to have them because he's a psycho or whatever.
They might use this quote against him on the grounds that he's NOT a "peaceable citizen"-
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'll, rephrase the question, simply state if you will turn them over or not ?

Thanks
NO in a word it won't happen regardless. Besides I've carried guns in countries that would put you to death for carrying a gun. I'm still hear so this country hardly is scary in that respect.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The only possible excuse they might have for taking a citizen's guns is if a judge considers him not fit to have them because he's a psycho or whatever.
They might use this quote against him on the grounds that he's NOT a "peaceable citizen"-
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams
The expansion of the classes of citizen being determined unworthy of owning firearms is how the govt will disarm the population slowly, first the felons, then the misdemeanor, next the unstable, next the speeders, then the J walkers, then the......

·
Registered
640 Posts
They can only take your weapons if they know you have them.... like if you are dumb enough to enter a forum that is most likely already branded as "extremist" and then list every gun you own. Hint Hint. I know some of you will publicly respond with "Let 'em come" and I wish you the best. But... part of prepping is being low key... so you can improve your chances of survival. The idea is to minimize your problems and get away... not talk tough and get your gear seized, get arrested, or get shot.

I'm sure there are many on here that have their "throw away guns" that they would keep out in the open for the govt to seize so they can look like good little citizens... and that is actually smart in my opinion.

So... it's better to make statements like this: "Personally... I only own a single shot .22 and a single shot shotgun. The rest of my guns were stolen during my last move but I didn't report it because I now believe private citizens don't need them."

than this: "I own 12 AR-15s, 2 SKSs, 16 shotguns, have 9 pistols, etc and over 40,000 rounds. I'd love to see the govt try and take 'em." If things get bad... you can bet your ass they will come and take them.

Bottom line: it's your decision how you choose to prep and what risks you are willing to take. But remember this, it's unrealistic to think the govt doesn't know who you are because you have some weird username on this forum and don't post where you live.

·
Registered
570 Posts
They can only take your weapons if they know you have them.... like if you are dumb enough to enter a forum that is most likely already branded as "extremist" and then list every gun you own. Hint Hint. I know some of you will publicly respond with "Let 'em come" and I wish you the best. But... part of prepping is being low key... so you can improve your chances of survival. The idea is to minimize your problems and get away... not talk tough and get your gear seized, get arrested, or get shot.

I'm sure there are many on here that have their "throw away guns" that they would keep out in the open for the govt to seize so they can look like good little citizens... and that is actually smart in my opinion.

So... it's better to make statements like this: "Personally... I only own a single shot .22 and a single shot shotgun. The rest of my guns were stolen during my last move but I didn't report it because I now believe private citizens don't need them."

than this: "I own 12 AR-15s, 2 SKSs, 16 shotguns, have 9 pistols, etc and over 40,000 rounds. I'd love to see the govt try and take 'em." If things get bad... you can bet your ass they will come and take them.

Bottom line: it's your decision how you choose to prep and what risks you are willing to take. But remember this, it's unrealistic to think the govt doesn't know who you are because you have some weird username on this forum and don't post where you live.
If they're really going to track people down based on forum usage (highly probable), more than likely they're not going to bother going off what you've said. You'll just be a target of opportunity to take down because you've already shown an independent/preparedness streak, and therefore can be considered a threat.

·
Registered
436 Posts

Do you honestly believe the current government has the means, man power or electronic eaves dropping capability to monitor every word posted in this or any forum really? First off their aren't enough people working for the government to even monitor every word posted, electronic monitoring only works on key words most of which wouldn't even be in a group like this and if so may be checked out for content. The US government as mighty as they are isn't that good either. As for guns the guesstimate that only one in three go though legal channels in the sale off. Even based on the number of guns made in the US they can probably only account for a third of those sold.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts