Registered
10,070 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Winter is coming fast here in Washington state. I've been working on getting in as much of the garden produce picked and put away as I'm able to before it freezes here.
Finally finished picking all the apples, the last of the peppers, zucchini, potatoes, onions, and every Red or green tomato I could find. Still have beets, carrots, celery, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, kale, and a ton of herbs to pick.
Spent the day canning diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, diced tomatoes with peppers and onions and some salsa.
Started drying shredded zucchini for flour and will be drying green tomatoes and making green tomato salsa tomorrow.
Love to see my shelves getting full

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Well, this past week I have been traveling. First part of the week in New Orleans, second part of the week in Corpus Christi and Victoria. So this weekend I will get some R&R at the range. Stretch the legs of my new AR 308 and do some shotgun work for duck season. I have rice and beans to get in Mylar and will get by Academy and pick up some 5.56 and 308 ammo. There is BBQ and cold beer in my future. :vs_rocking_banana:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Tomorrow I'm teaching a 2 hr seminar on solar power to a group of preppers at a weekend long local prepper campout. Wish me luck!

Not just going into the harbor freight level but the knowledge and math to building a durable, balanced system to match the desired loads.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Spending the weekend doing my annual gittin-ready-fer-winter routine. Clean gutters. Lop the lawn for the last time. Change oil in the snowblower. Walk the roof and check for shingle issues......

·
Registered
164 Posts
Put the new SBA3 pistol brace on the on the AR pistol and sighted in the iron sights at 50 yards. Magpul flips. Really impressed with the accuracy that I can get with irons out of a 10.5" barrel. Super impressed actually. Next for it will be a Holosun red dot with a magnifier. Not sure if 100 yards will be too much for it or not. If it is I will put it on my carbine length AR. Exciting we gun enthusiast live in.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Put the new SBA3 pistol brace on the on the AR pistol and sighted in the iron sights at 50 yards. Magpul flips. Really impressed with the accuracy that I can get with irons out of a 10.5" barrel. Super impressed actually. Next for it will be a Holosun red dot with a magnifier. Not sure if 100 yards will be too much for it or not. If it is I will put it on my carbine length AR. Exciting we gun enthusiast live in.
No pictures? It didn't happen then!

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
I build a pistol with an Anderson 7"barrel and the accuracy sucked. I built another with a 10.5" BCM barrel and mounted an EOTECH. It's not a tack driver but it is quite good on a man sized target at 100 yards and that's what I built it for. You should be good to go!

101 - 120 of 2606 Posts