Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
2621 - 2640 of 2681 Posts

· Registered
10,591 Posts
Took stock of my battery inventory. Seriously low on rechargeable AAs and completely out of AAAs. So, off to Harbor Freight I go to solve that issue.

Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Font Electronic component

· Registered
355 Posts
I received three folders today, bought them for a whopping $15 free shipping cheap price and won't be shtf knives but for around the outbuildings and hanging on a post to cut alfalfa bales twine they'll work. Aggressive design for twine but they were the cheapest.....this is replacing my alfalfa knife for the third time they seem to walk off with a person called Not Me.

Also finally got time to put the handle on my Dads Old Faithful Axe, just needs a little cleaning up.

Brown Wood Font Rectangle Tints and shades
Musical instrument Idiophone Font Artifact Automotive tire

· Registered
674 Posts
Hit Craigs List and scored 2 vintage 70s Coleman catalytic heaters one 80s lantern and a oldschool 2 burner stove for 100 bucks CDN. All built in Canada (not Chicom).

They all belonged to a Coleman collector who was downsizing his collection so were mint with some in their original boxes. I don't think the stove has ever been fired up that is how new it looks.

Guy literally had a storage locker full of Coleman gear. I asked about spare parts and he said he has loads of them so I am putting together a list to make sure I have enough spares for all my other Coleman gear.

Was a very good day.

Godspeed

· Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,182 Posts
Doing some canning today.
Whatca got in the pot? :)

I've been dehydrating the last of the peppers, zucchini and various herbs. Plan on canning tomatoes tomorrow. We've got the last of them coming in tomorrow.

What remains will be green. I'll probably do a green tomato sauce. The bacon is what makes it taste good. Green tomatoes on their own aren't so hot.

· Registered
10,591 Posts
Package sitting at my door this afternoon from Amazon. Contained three additions I'm putting into my EDC kit.

Wood Cosmetics Kitchen utensil Tool Office supplies

A pill container, a titanium toothpick and a Crane folding scalpel. Dime is for scale.

· Registered
24 Posts
Purchased 20lbs of rice and 20lbs of pinto beans. Adds 58,220 calories to my preps which, for just me, is 29 days worth of food at 2,000 calories per day. Mylar bags came in as well so that'll be my chore for the day.

· Registered
10,591 Posts
Scored some free chafing fuel cannisters on Facebook Marketplace.

Product Wood Font Line Publication

Picked it up this morning.

Plant Automotive tire Wood Currency Tree

Can't beat long-lasting fuel... especially when it's free.

· Registered
121 Posts
Big score today! I’ve had my eye on harvesting this monster for two years now and finally, he walks into my trap. This turd has been a pain in my rear and finally taking him out is a huge win for me. I removed three tractor buckets of black walnuts from my barn last week. I guess I should thank the little turd for cleaning up my yard but I’m damn glad to be rid of him and his walnut shell mess. I’m thinking of having him mounted and put him in my living room.

Attachments

· Registered
10,591 Posts
Engaging in a real-world exercise. Power went out at about 8PM Sunday night. Transformer feeding the entire neighborhood died. Power company will need to remove it and the concrete pad, dig down to cut and splice wiring, then set new pad and transformer.

Has been 5 hours now. And I'd say it will be noon Monday before it's all said and done.

But I'm not worried. I have backup power, heat and light. Cooking will not be an issue either.

· Registered
10,591 Posts
Picked up a Lavario washer at the local Tractor Supply this morning.

If you've never heard the name, they're a non-electric / off-grid clothes washer.

2621 - 2640 of 2681 Posts