Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
2601 - 2620 of 2626 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Our solar array finally went on-line! Its grid tied without battery backup at this point, but when power drops out I have a generator I use. I've also been working on outdoor lighting. It gets pretty dark around our place and I'd like to keep the 4 and 2 legged critters away. I mounted several solar motion lights and have several more to go. Moving ahead just a bit at a time.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,118 Posts
I love to look at the vegetables coming in from the garden. It makes me so happy! These are some heritage tomatoes. This one on the left is called "Mortgage Lifter" from the late 1800's. The one in the middle and the one on the right are called "Lemon Boy." They're from the early 1900's.

Food Ingredient Natural foods Orange Squash

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,860 Posts
Picked up something of a novelty, and still need to test its usefulness.
I found a vinyl "weight" bag that's intended to be used as workout equipment, allowing a user to dial in the weight they want to work with based on how much water is added to the bag.
What caught my attention though, was the fact that it will hold 25lbs (~3gal) of water, has thick fully welded seams, and has heavy-duty vinyl welded nylon handles all over it.
In my eyes, it seems purpose built to be a water transporting container. It won't be as sturdy as a water brick, nor stackable. But it should at least be somewhat comfortable to move a few gallons of water around as needed.

This ties into my longer term prep plans where I have to collect water from a lake ~1/8 of a mile away if my own stores run dry. I'm always looking for solutions. Who would have guessed I'd find a potentially strong option in my local $5 store.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,118 Posts
Dehydrating stuff from the garden: dill, parsley, chives, thyme, peppers, eggplant, summer squash and listening to the good 'ol Grateful Dead. Time to pick up the girl from school, though. More later.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,118 Posts
I can't tell what that is. I first thought kimchee but looks like there is a partial tomato in one. What are those?

Oh, and when is dinner Annie?

Not a dead head fan, but Credence or Neil Young would work for me
Stewed Tomatoes. I've got some yellows mixed in there with the reds.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Picked up a StoveTec water pasteurizer that popped up on the local FB Marketplace. I had heard of them and even read some reviews, so for $20 NIB, I had to get it given they're out of production now.

Tin Fluid Gas Grass Plant

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Got a travelers soup package from Patriot Supply. 32 alleged meals. Would be a good soup base to add left over meat to to fill it out.

Reactions: Swamp Hodag

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Decided it was time to retire my 10-YO Petzl headlamp. It was getting pretty long in the tooth. Still functions fine, but it's starting to fall apart and I felt it was time to get something more dependable for the long term. And it's only capable of a feeble 40 lumens.

I opted for the headlamp version of my EDC (Zebralight SC600Fd Mk IV Plus), the H600 Fd Mk IV.

Light Bicycle part Auto part Bumper Metal

Ordered the GITD holder as well as the 3500mAh unprotected 18650. Was able to remove the over-the-head portion of the headband.

I'm not a big fan of any flashlight that always turns on to aircraft-landing-light bright every time. ZLs can be reprogrammed, which I've already done. G6 and G7 all turn on at low lumen levels so I won't get blinded.

2601 - 2620 of 2626 Posts