Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2606 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Its been a while but here are the preps I've done in the last few months. Purchased a Kabar knife which is possibly the best knife I've every owned. Purchased a 20 pound to 1 pound adapter for my portable propane stove. Purchased copies of the SAS Survival Handbook and Survival Medicine Handbook. Replenished the medicine cabinet and bulked up on some N95 masks as well as gloves. Put together a new EDC/CCW backpack. I'm learning about shortwave radios and was given a small one to play with. In addition to this I'm cycling through and replenishing a bunch of canned goods I purchased right at the beginning of Covid so they don't expire and I'm able to keep my stock up. Additionally I have lost around 15 pounds of fat and am working on improving conditioning and health. I've also started working a part time job so that I can knock out my debts and start saving for some land.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Been slowly updating my pocket EDC kit. Added some items to the key
ring, but it became unmanageable.

Everyday carry Rectangle Eyewear Font Wood

So I opted for a wallet-sized organizer. Decided to utilize the front pocket as a replacement for using a money clip.

Camera accessory Luggage and bags Cameras & optics Rectangle Bag

Took off all the rings and attachment points of all the tools I now carry so they'll better fit in the case.

Product Material property Bag Electric blue Font

Everything laid out:

Glasses Wood Font Material property Eyewear

Top row: SunX SPF 30 sunscreeen (single use), Ben's Wipe insect repellent (also single use), Dietz 177 folding scissors, handcuff key, NiteIze Doo-Hickey, P-38 can opener, Samsung 256gb thumb drive.
Bottom row: Gentlestache Pocket Organizer, Meritac Split-Pea lighter, dual-tone whistle, Uncle Bills Sliver Gripper tweezers, True Utility folding nail clippers, Gerber 1-finger seat belt cutter.

Some of these items are out of production and may not be available any more.

This wallet-sized organizer fits a lot better in my pocket than the tools did when they were on a key ring. They ended up making a wad of metal that was uncomfortable and looked like sheet. While the organizer added bulk and weight, it fits in my pocket a go-zillion times better.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I been busy all week trying to figure out how to make my adult geriatric bug out tricycle stay in first gear instead of jumping to second which make its real hard to climb a hill for and old person. I seen one guy on another forum interested in such things who said low gear aint low enough enough if a person could make it stick there. Who knows? I been tightening the H screw an loosening L screw but it dont seem to help much. What motor did yall decide a person needed? Thanks. It kicking my coola.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Added 9th camera to the security system. Wiring cable for 4 more cams so they'll install fast once my budget allows their purchase.
Who dont know that all democrats in black hoodies look similar? Best of fortunes. Motion lights work best. If the light comes on they run like la cocka roaches..most of the time..at least back in the day when they were scared of cops and the criminal justice syste. It smells like Dodge City to me. Best pack what you got and keep it hid. Show dogs aint nice. All honest citzens wear the gun inside the pants.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Them air compressors sure do come in handy. I have a jump starter with a compressor.ive used it more than the jump starter.i also have a bicycle pump with a gauge that I'll use every once in a while.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Relocated one of my security cameras to get a better view of my side yard (plus give me a view of the passenger side of both vehicles parked in the driveway), and added an 11th camera on the other side of the same yard so they 'see' each other.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Updated my weather station from an Acurite Iris to an Atlas. Now I can use a connected smart device to see everything it reports wherever I am.

Sky Plant Tree Surveillance camera Art

Speedometer Light Gauge Trip computer Measuring instrument

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Did some errands today and stopped into a new "Bin" store. It's a clearance store with bins full of clearance items. Prices go down each day after they're restocked. This one restocks on Fridays, so each item is $9 on Saturday, $6 on Sunday, $3 on Monday and $1 on Tuesday.

Plant Publication Font Wood Material property

Cook set, canning rings, 2 boxes of large exam gloves, rechargeable batteries and a plug-in rechargeable flashlight / night light / power-outage alarm.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Restocked drinking water (20 gallons); two cartons of spam and one of corned beef.

Reactions: Annie

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
And got a four pack of butane cartridges for the camp stove

Reactions: Annie
2581 - 2600 of 2606 Posts