Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
2561 - 2580 of 2583 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I received my Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers yesterday and spent time filling 15 qt bags with 16 bean soup mix, 5 with rice and 3 with split peas, didn't pull out the pinto beans I figure we could do that if we need to and then grind them up if they get hard. Filled our truck up 26 gallons at $5.59 a gallon, luckily we fill it up every few weeks or every 400+ miles. Daughters boyfriend told me "The price of gas will be going down soon, darn she picked a dreamer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ordered, received and will be carrying down two new wire rabbit hutches to our BOL. Initially will lplace them inside an unused chicken coop last owners set up (until we get some laying chickens set up there). Raising the rabbits for meat production (and fertilizer for gardens). My folks and my late brother raised rabbits for years, so I'm pretty familiar with the process. A sustainable meat soures will be nice. And rabbits don't make noise like other animals, that might give away the presence of our very isolated, set-back property.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Got the last of my security cameras installed today. Still need to tidy some of the wiring up inside, plus get the HDMI cables run to the TVs throughout the house and it'll be all done.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Security camera system at 100% done. At least for now. All cables and cameras installed. Can view on system monitor, computer, tablet, smart phone and all the TVs in the house. Will be slowly adding a few more cameras here and there to get better overlap between cameras.

Had to buy a new TV for a bedroom as the HDMI port in the existing one didn't work. I guess that's why it was only $20 at Goodwill.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought a indoor/outdoor clock online today.in which it has lil hidden camera.and wifi capability.im hoping that I can link it with my phone.then I'll try to link it with my pc.either way..i I'll charge it inside.then to the front porch it goes.

2561 - 2580 of 2583 Posts