Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2383 Posts

·
Banned
647 Posts
I potted up some more tomato plants took some cuttings off my chocolate mint herb to start some more pots.

Set out a few squash plants and sprayed everything with a homemade bug spray I make from essential oils.

Popped off a couple hundred .22 magnum with a nice revolver I picked up at a local gun shop. 👍. Gotta get that range time in ✌

·
Registered
378 Posts
I scraped down the winter Pony field, mixed in some rotted hay and got it piled to cook some more.

It’s going to make some good fertilizer for the raised beds

Too late to seed the field this year, will have to wait til fall.

Disappointed my wild artichoke didn’t grow back this year. This was last May, as tall as me.
CF453DF9-C0AD-43BA-AA05-E0AFDEACD8EC.jpeg

·
Registered
793 Posts
We planted all our tomato starts, eggplant starts, pepper starts, artichoke starts, basil starts, Romaine lettuce starts, and corn seeds.
Also planted all our summer squash, broad beans, snap peas, zucchini, potatoes, watermelon, carrots, and some other stuff. Already got a couple of asparagus spears...Kale is growing strong, strawberries are growing out, and the garlic is looking great!

Brussels sprouts & pumpkin seeds go in this weekend. Started the automatic watering this past weekend since it's been in the 80's!! Yuck...

Peace,
Michael J.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My prep of the day was shaking my head in disappointment when I found out the ole guy doesn't even know what a faraday cage was. I thought I had gone over that with him like a million times. Since his stroke he can remember things from 60 years ago but not remember what we ate last night, sigh. I am a lone woman prepping. However, my tomato plants are doing well.

·
Banned
647 Posts
We planted all our tomato starts, eggplant starts, pepper starts, artichoke starts, basil starts, Romaine lettuce starts, and corn seeds.
Also planted all our summer squash, broad beans, snap peas, zucchini, potatoes, watermelon, carrots, and some other stuff. Already got a couple of asparagus spears...Kale is growing strong, strawberries are growing out, and the garlic is looking great!

Brussels sprouts & pumpkin seeds go in this weekend. Started the automatic watering this past weekend since it's been in the 80's!! Yuck...

View attachment 113528 View attachment 113529 View attachment 113530
Peace,
Michael J.
Very impressive Michael J. , loving your set up👍

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
My prep of the day was shaking my head in disappointment when I found out the ole guy doesn't even know what a faraday cage was. I thought I had gone over that with him like a million times. Since his stroke he can remember things from 60 years ago but not remember what we ate last night, sigh. I am a lone woman prepping. However, my tomato plants are doing well.
Falling into the old guy category myself, I can tell you that I remember the words to all the songs I grew up with but now can't remember why I walked into the kitchen. There are times where I would forget my head if it wasn't attached. My wife is concerned that we are getting Alzheimer's. I told her it's just CRS sydrome.

I know people in their 40's that have the same issue. I figure the brain is like a hard drive. Once it gets full, there is nowhere to download the excess, no thumb drive to hold the overflow.

·
Registered
604 Posts
He is out of the dog house now since when I was out to lunch with the ladies he finished the greenhouse. Imagine that. He does things on his own time. So then we went out and I beat him at a few games of pool to just let him know I still got it.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Went to a local radio club swap meet thing morning. Scored a third radio to be installed in my pickup, plus a cross-needle meter.

Also found a longer whip for the radio in my van. I have it extended out as much as possible and I'm still way high on my SWR. So a longer whip should bring that down.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
MAG meeting today. Met at a members' house at 10 this morning and went over BOBs. Broke for lunch (burgers n brats), then we agreed to meet later this year for everyone to do some actual field testing. We'd meet for an overnight camping test, discuss gear, likes and needs, try out various survival foods.....

·
Banned
647 Posts
MAG meeting today. Met at a members' house at 10 this morning and went over BOBs. Broke for lunch (burgers n brats), then we agreed to meet later this year for everyone to do some actual field testing. We'd meet for an overnight camping test, discuss gear, likes and needs, try out various survival foods.....
Is MAG a Bible study group ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went through this with my mother. She had a series of cerebellar strokes (quite different from cerebral strokes). After the first, she went from dynamic 92-YO who had some problems but could live with us to some stranger who couldn't be trusted not to sneak out an inadvertently unlocked door to walk barefoot down a busy thoroughfare. I had to keep reminding myself that it was NOT something that she was doing deliberately.
I'm glad that later he was able to finish one of your projects, but things will become harder. In the end, we were forced to put my mom in memory care because the alternative was mounting a 24-hour guard and living with "sundowning" in which she would prowl our house at night and randomly wake us up at all hours.
Please believe that I sympathize and empathize with you.

·
Banned
647 Posts
I’ve been trying to get a small group together at my church, I thought you might have a group that meets after church. I’m not sure how to approach it. Maybe start with hurricane preparedness and go from there.

I’m going to talk to the preacher and see what he says.

I think it would be a good place to start a group, the chances of getting quality people increase.

·
Super Moderator
3,480 Posts

I bought a larger grinder. I am going to try making my own hamburger and sausages. I have plenty of beef to make the hamburger. We slaughtered out first cow 2 weeks ago.
grinder.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
I found a new shooting partner since my husband doesn't like to shoot as much. He is real sharp and will be able to hone my skills. I have a few issues I need to work out that he should be able to help me with since he is a ex vet and a current police officer plus a old patient so he likes me. I have plenty of target ammo so that help. It is hard switching to a handgun when all you shot in the past were rifles and shotguns, my old trainer told me I was trying to shoot my gun like a rifle, LOL. Doesn't work as well.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I took the cover off the cement pond and ordered 20 pounds of "pipe tobacco" which the roll your own crowd uses to make cigarettes since Biden needs money desperately and they are fixing to tax it sky high. If its like when the USSR Collapsed last time home rolled smokes should be as good of a barter item as vodka and toilet paper according to Toronto Girl. Might even be forced to smoke a few myself. A person just never knows huh?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Spent the last three days helping a friend put up a pole barn on his new property. Three of us dug holes, set posts, spread stone and framed it up. Today we had six more there to help with the roof trusses. Everything went great and while we were working, the well driller got started and the concrete crew (too damn old and beat up for that work anymore) came and compacted the gravel and set wire and forms to pour tomorrow morning. Also the electric company was replacing the poles right at this property so we set some poles and a board and they hooked up a service right then! Now we have electric on the build and it’s just in time. Friday we roof and side it. Our home brewery will have a dedicated space in here so it’s especially great to be flying along with the build.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
2341 - 2360 of 2383 Posts