Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2321 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ranger. You have a beautiful shop. I’m jealous.
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I’ve worked hard on it.

I would’ve installed the lights but my ankles jacked. I shouldn’t be climbing right now.

I love DIY projects. The tools are so expensive though. I can usually just hire it out cheaper but I like manual labor.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I’m digging in my closet trying to find my reloading press. I bought it off an ad from GunDeals.com. I think Bass Pro was running a special on the entire RCBS rockchucker package deal.

I’ve never even used it. I use to reload back in the early 90’s when I would gamble with people at the range shooting targets or with friends in dirt pits. I made my ammo as to be accurate with my gun.

Anyway, then I threw it away on a Saturday when I was cleaning out my garage. I had went through a divorce and threw all kinds of good shit away. I was depressed about my life. Dark days bro, maybe some of you have been there.

So then by chance the Gander Mountain closed its doors. They had a closing sale. I bought a lot of die sets and new brass.

I’d like to load up some 6.5 creedmoor.

·
Registered
Staying alive
449 Posts
Right here Nick. I put a red arrow and circled the bench for you.

It’s very similar to an indoor storage Unit.

Except I added a bench with a sink and some custom lighting above it. Installed an high pressure air outlet. I put slotboards on the wall and had the concrete stained.

I’ll probably remove the fluorescent lighting as it was there when it was constructed.

I have an apartment upstairs above the shop that you see, I plan on installing some spiral stairs to access the shop from the apartment. But that’ll be later......might not even do it. My wife wants an elevator. View attachment 113381

I honestly wasn't being sarcastic. It's an awesome space. I personally would've gave myself a little more workbench area. But your shop needs may differ from how mine is set up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I honestly wasn't being sarcastic. It's an awesome space. I personally would've gave myself a little more workbench area. But your shop needs may differ from how mine is set up.
That’s just a small portion, There are more workbenches. This one is the “ clean “ one where I work on special projects.

Here is the outside. The apartment is upstairs with a little balcony, the shop is downstairs. So room is not an issue.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The lights over the work bench are LED and are on a dimmer. The lights on the ceiling are for general lighting and are too bright

I usually only turn half of them on.

They had just finished installing the lights over the bench and had just turned that breaker back on.

Ill be moving things in once my ankle heals up. 👍
I don’t have to turn any of mine. only turn on/off when I need them

I count 14 lights plus 3 dim ones over your work bench In your pic.

In my 36 x 48 barn, I put 2 motion detector 4ft LED at the front and back entrances. Replaced 6 fluorescents with LED 4 ft‘ers. 2 LED 4 ft over my workbench, 1 in barn office, one in tack area, 1 in a big stall that I converted to inclement 4 dog kennels. 5 areas, 2 on a switch, 2 on a pull chain, 1 automatic. I am doing 1728 sq ft with less lights

Thats why I say a better designer. My barn lights up like Christmas tree. 14 lights + 3 for how many square ft. To me it looks like a poorly designed 24x24, so 576 Sq ft. So how big is it?

11 LED for $20 a piece, so $ 220 for mine. I shopped smart and that is what I paid for those lights. The fluorescents just didn’t work. Ok your ankle is hurt, so double to install, did you get them done for $640?

I am editing after seeing the pic posted after I started this post

How many SQft? your first pic looked like a garage I had.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don’t have to turn any of mine. only turn on/off when I need them

I count 14 lights plus 3 dim ones over your work bench In your pic.

In my 36 x 48 barn, I put 2 motion detector 4ft LED at the front and back entrances. Replaced 6 fluorescents with LED 4 ft‘ers. 2 LED 4 ft over my workbench, 1 in barn office, one in tack area, 1 in a big stall that I converted to inclement 4 dog kennels. 5 areas, 2 on a switch, 2 on a pull chain, 1 automatic. I am doing 1728 sq ft with less lights

Thats why I say a better designer. My barn lights up like Christmas tree. 14 lights + 3 for how many square ft. To me it looks like a poorly designed 24x24, so 576 Sq ft. So how big is it?

11 LED for $20 a piece, so $ 220 for mine. I shopped smart and that is what I paid for those lights. The fluorescents just didn’t work. Ok your ankle is hurt, so double to install, did you get them done for $640?

I am editing after seeing the pic posted after I started this post

How many SQft? your first pic looked like a garage I had.
I have no idea how many lights are in the shop but there are three over my bench that I just had installed.

The entire building is around 7,000sq ft
The shop is pretty big though. I’ve had 5/6 cars in there before. Around 1200sq ft.

I originally used the room for research and designing appurtenances for the aerospace industry. That project was completed several years ago and was an amazing success.

Now I’m using the space for personal use and I turned the office into an apartment.

Its been a lot of fun.

Yeah my ankle is injured so so paid some electricians to install the 3 lights. I think I paid them a few hundred dollars to come out. I’m not really sure, I didn’t ask a price and I didn’t really look at the invoice. I can check though if you want to know ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have no idea how many lights are in the shop but there are three over my bench that I just had installed.

The entire building is around 7,000sq ft
The shop is pretty big though. I’ve had 5/6 cars in there before. Around 1200sq ft.

I originally used the room for research and designing appurtenances for the aerospace industry. That project was completed several years ago and was an amazing success.

Now I’m using the space for personal use and I turned the office into an apartment.

Its been a lot of fun.
I can believe that with the second pic.

The first pic was definitely was I was attacking. Way overboard with lighting with lighting for the space and not good lighting over the workspace, I still stand by that.

i looked at a former winery once for a new house in the mountains, and the second pic reeked that place. Amazing that the Chinese were ordered to sell there property in US in 2016 and I could of bought it for 200k less than they bought it for.

·
Registered
449 Posts

The first pic was definitely was I was attacking. Way overboard with lighting with lighting for the space and not good lighting over the workspace, I still stand by that.

i looked at a former winery once for a new house in the mountains, and the second pic reeked that place. Amazing that the Chinese were ordered to sell there property in US in 2016 and I could of bought it for 200k less than they bought it for.
We needed the lighting at the time it was installed. The lighting over the workbench is absolutely great. I appreciate you looking at the pics, thanks ! 👍

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Started the install of a ham radio in my war wagon. Installed the transceiver last night.....

.... and the antenna this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be tuning the antenna to the 2m band and I'll be all set.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Today I planted, felt so good to bring my indoor plants out and give them their permanent home and get my hands dirty. I had quite a bit of compost tea so gave them all a boost since they show some signs of shock from the indoor outdoor move. I got another 5 pounds of onions since doing the first batch was so fun and have them in the dehydrator and planted my sweet potatoes. I do container planting so if the weather decides to go south again I can move them in the greenhouse. Now I have the ole guy smoking a pork loin and am making sweet potatoes and beets and sipping on a tip the cow stout. It is 80 degrees and I am a happy ole lady.

·
Registered
784 Posts
We added more fertilizers to all the raised garden beds. Also added more organic soil to 2 of the raised beds. Also cut more wood from some of the many fallen trees we have on the property from this past winter. Stacking it for winter 2022...

No planting outside here yet...too early. Keeping the car filled with gas and the regular ATM withdrawal to keep on hand.

More communication with my daughter who is dealing with covid :( Lots of bad throat pains, slight fever, not sleeping, aches...No worse than yesterday and she started on the course of vitamins I suggested. Prayers going strong for her...

Peace,
Michael J.

·
Registered
426 Posts
We added more fertilizers to all the raised garden beds. Also added more organic soil to 2 of the raised beds. Also cut more wood from some of the many fallen trees we have on the property from this past winter. Stacking it for winter 2022...

No planting outside here yet...too early. Keeping the car filled with gas and the regular ATM withdrawal to keep on hand.

More communication with my daughter who is dealing with covid :( Lots of bad throat pains, slight fever, not sleeping, aches...No worse than yesterday and she started on the course of vitamins I suggested. Prayers going strong for her...

Peace,
Michael J.
Hope your daughter feels better soon.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts

Why were you "attacking" anything? What fornicating business is it of yours how he has his shop set up? Who the hell are you to tell anyone anything? Did someone elect you Mayor of Shoptown? How about you STFU and go fetch your shine-box, boy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I’m digging in my closet trying to find my reloading press. I bought it off an ad from GunDeals.com. I think Bass Pro was running a special on the entire RCBS rockchucker package deal.

I’ve never even used it. I use to reload back in the early 90’s when I would gamble with people at the range shooting targets or with friends in dirt pits. I made my ammo as to be accurate with my gun.

Anyway, then I threw it away on a Saturday when I was cleaning out my garage. I had went through a divorce and threw all kinds of good shit away. I was depressed about my life. Dark days bro, maybe some of you have been there.

So then by chance the Gander Mountain closed its doors. They had a closing sale. I bought a lot of die sets and new brass.

I’d like to load up some 6.5 creedmoor.
I can't wait to get my reloading stuff out of storage. We've been in the new house for 6 months now and seems like I'm nowhere close to getting set up. Maybe in the fall or winter I'll get around to it.

On the flip side, I haven't been shooting lately so the thousands of rounds I have are still loaded.

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
We've got the Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and four different kinds of lettuces in the ground. Plus we've added a new mint garden. Usually we keep mint in pots, but this season we've put it in an area where it can really take off.

The critter fencing is up all throughout the yard.

We've also planted some berry bushes.

We've got the rain barrels set up...

Next we've got to get some beds ready for tomatoes, that's my favorite. But they won't go in the ground until after Mother's Day here.

·
Registered
449 Posts
We've got the Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and four different kinds of lettuces in the ground. Plus we've added a new mint garden. Usually we keep mint in pots, but this season we've put it in an area where it can really take off.

The critter fencing is up all throughout the yard.

We've also planted some berry bushes.

We've got the rain barrels set up...

Next we've got to get some beds ready for tomatoes, that's my favorite. But they won't go in the ground until after Mother's Day here.
What type mint do you have ?

I planted chocolate mint this year. This one in a 5 gal bucket.

I just went out and took this pic especially for you !!! Good luck with your garden this year 👍

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
What type mint do you have ?

I planted chocolate mint this year. This one in a 5 gal bucket.

I just went out and took this pic especially for you !!! Good luck with your garden this year 👍
Nice! We have strawberry, chocolate, pineapple, black peppermint, sweet lemon, gosh I think that's all. lol, We like mint in our iced tea. ETA: also spearmint.

2281 - 2300 of 2321 Posts