Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Today was a slow day, I split some firewood with my trusty old axe.
Found my splitting maul that I loaned out had a nice crack in the handle so it's on the repair list but the good part is this has me motivated to build a 12 volt hydraulic log splitter since I have all the parts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I refilled 4 gas cans and topped off our truck, News was saying due to Russia California gas prices are going up. Yep, anyone sneezes is an excuse to raise the price.
Unleaded is now $4.15 at a local Flying J, I should add that the Chevron station 300 yards down the road is $5.00 for regular.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Today is a rainy day..finally getting a little rain. ☔
So far I ordered some shaving supplies, toothbrushes to put up, rest of the day will be spent at the reloading bench.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not a prep I guess, I sold two of my trucks one 3/4 ton and a 4x4. Wife was pushing the sells saying we don't need them anymore it's kinda a bittersweet moment, money was OK but they were like old friends. Anyhow, now to start on our 63 Chevy pickup project.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I filled two 5 gallon gas cans and topped off my spare car, it took 2.8 gallons (Car has only been driven 60 miles in 8 months) basically it holds extra fuel if needed for the Generator. Also added Stabil to the gas.

Bought Green Giant canned veggies $1 a can hasn't been this cheap for a while, 50% less salt diced tomatoes, soup bean mix and refried beans.....total of 30 cans and 5 lbs of soup bean mix o add to supplies.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Maybe not preps but more in line with preventive maintenance but had our Septic tank pumped out, fixing to cut a 55 gallon drum to to put over the lid for easier access.....the lid was under a foot and half of dirt and I have no idea why they didn't have the access extended above the dirt.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I received my Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers yesterday and spent time filling 15 qt bags with 16 bean soup mix, 5 with rice and 3 with split peas, didn't pull out the pinto beans I figure we could do that if we need to and then grind them up if they get hard. Filled our truck up 26 gallons at $5.59 a gallon, luckily we fill it up every few weeks or every 400+ miles. Daughters boyfriend told me "The price of gas will be going down soon, darn she picked a dreamer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts