Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think it is a remarkably bad idea. That study is a waste of money. What good is a Virginia dollar once you cross the state line and no other state (or other people) recognize its value?

That politician is a [email protected]$$.

·
Super Moderator
9,354 Posts
I think it is a remarkably bad idea. That study is a waste of money. What good is a Virginia dollar once you cross the state line and no other state (or other people) recognize its value?

That politician is a [email protected]$$.
I think they should consider an alternative. If the dollar collapses, which is a distinct possibility, the only other option would be the Amero or something similar.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I don't know that I care for it one way or the other, but its symbolic that people are losing faith in dollars.

Personally I've stated a 100x that our Federal Government should repeal the rule it can't mint money
and produce $100 - one ounce silver coins. Now I know an ounce of silver isn't worth a $100 but what
would you rather have a piece of paper - Fed. Res. Note - or a one ounce silver coin valued at the same
amount. This would be a great gift to the American people - a hedge on inflation and deflation. All too
often "preppers" believe only hyper inflation is possible - what if we deflate - horribly deflate? The
housing market in 08/09 caused a state of deflation but its seperated from the general reporting so no
one really counted it. If we deflated the $100 coin would be worth a nice $100 and if we hyper inflated
the silver would give the bearer of the coin some added value. A win - win - and at the same time our
government would get the proceeds it could use to retire our debts. If its going to allow the FED to
print 85 billion a month why not mint a few billion for the people?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The dollar is only worth what people think it is worth, if people start loosing faith in the dollar it's value will start dropping like a rock. Now you have to ask yourself what is going on when you start seeing people in the government starting to worry. In the same note Texas has a bill pending to study what to do if the dollar fails. State Representative James White Files HB 568: The Texas Self Sufficiency Act

Texas Prepares for Sovereignty if U.S. Defaults - Rep. James White Files Texas Self Sufficiency Act HB 568 | Texas GOP Vote

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I don't know that I care for it one way or the other, but its symbolic that people are losing faith in dollars.

Personally I've stated a 100x that our Federal Government should repeal the rule it can't mint money
and produce $100 - one ounce silver coins. Now I know an ounce of silver isn't worth a $100 but what
would you rather have a piece of paper - Fed. Res. Note - or a one ounce silver coin valued at the same
amount. This would be a great gift to the American people - a hedge on inflation and deflation. All too
often "preppers" believe only hyper inflation is possible - what if we deflate - horribly deflate? The
housing market in 08/09 caused a state of deflation but its seperated from the general reporting so no
one really counted it. If we deflated the $100 coin would be worth a nice $100 and if we hyper inflated
the silver would give the bearer of the coin some added value. A win - win - and at the same time our
government would get the proceeds it could use to retire our debts. If its going to allow the FED to
print 85 billion a month why not mint a few billion for the people?
They won't print money with actual precious metals because so many people would buy them up and not let them out in circulation. I know if they did I would take a lot of money out of the bank and buy the coins that had precious metal and I am not even a fan of buying gold and silver.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thee are pros and cons. I read an article of a town in new England that does this. The idea is to keep the money local. Businesses in the town honor it and the bank gives ten percent for each us dollar you convert to the town currency. I'm not worried about the end of the US. Honestly all things come to an end. If anyone thinks the us can stay on top forever is completely out of touch. I think more people need to focus on their local communities first. Get involved. Then move out to the state; then federal level. Most people don't even vote unless its for the president. The real issues are done on the state and local levels.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Thee are pros and cons. I read an article of a town in new England that does this. The idea is to keep the money local. Businesses in the town honor it and the bank gives ten percent for each us dollar you convert to the town currency. I'm not worried about the end of the US. Honestly all things come to an end. If anyone thinks the us can stay on top forever is completely out of touch. I think more people need to focus on their local communities first. Get involved. Then move out to the state; then federal level. Most people don't even vote unless its for the president. The real issues are done on the state and local levels.
I believe the voting system has either been destroyed or is about to be. There is no way that you can vote against 11 million (maybe as much as 30 million) new voters that are at the lower end of the scale if amnesty goes through. They will most surely vote for a complete redistributing of wealth not only from the rich but from the middle class too. And that isn't even counting the fact that they will be able to bring their family members over. But I guess that is another subject.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
We need more than a new dollar and looking at more than just the economy even if multiple states were to agree to it and seperate from the current union. Current state goverments are just as screwed up with particular constitutional urinating outlooks to the people rights and true freedoms as the US govermnment. What we need is to tear it all down, take out the trash in a manner of speaking and start fresh. Not just a new dollar, but laws, reserve, military control, defense of our borders, world involvement, taxation, governmental power restriction, and what we actually want out of our government, etc.

·
Registered
921 Posts
We need more than a new dollar and looking at more than just the economy even if multiple states were to agree to it and seperate from the current union. Current state goverments are just as screwed up with particular constitutional urinating outlooks to the people rights and true freedoms as the US govermnment. What we need is to tear it all down, take out the trash in a manner of speaking and start fresh. Not just a new dollar, but laws, reserve, military control, defense of our borders, world involvement, taxation, governmental power restriction, and what we actually want out of our government, etc.
You mean go back to the way the country was originally founded? What a quaint idea. ::clapping::

Reactions: Fuzzee
1 - 11 of 11 Posts