Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I use a stainless Sierra cup and have for several years. They come in a few sizes… I now have a large size. I like them because they're almost indestructible. They make a good soup bowls. You can cook with them (set them in the coals). I've used mine as a shovel, a reflector and a noise maker for chasing away nosey *****. The handle lends itself to tying to a pole for a long-reach scoop.

The only down side to the design is that they taper down to a pretty small base and don't sit well on my stove. A couple well placed rocks takes care of that though. It seems to me that the taper makes them easier to clean than a vertical-sided cup. It also allows you to use two cups as a double boiler or poacher… can't do that with straight sided cups.

I've never been a fan of aluminum cups, especially if they're going to double as cookware. When it comes to cooking in the coals (my favorite method), stainless is vastly superior. JMHO

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1GP4AEGY0B6QKBY9HEBA

AnvilIron

Reactions: Denton
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.