Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there was any doubt that the United States of America is in fact not united at all social media has proven it. I believe that this has been the case for decades but was not as noticeable until the facebooks and twitters of the world came along.

Due to demographic and cultural shifts we are witnessing a "Balkanization" of the country that will only get worse.

Hair Hand Smile Arm Jaw

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,845 Posts
While the states are "united", the people were NEVER expected to be.
The entire purpose behind the institution of states was to divide areas where small experiments in self-government could take place, and people were free to find the one that best suited them.
Where we bastardized it all was when we took the election of senators away from the state legislatures, made the presidential election a popularity contest, and allowed our representatives to buy votes using the public tax coffers.
The federal government was given too much power, FAAAAAAR beyond what the founders intended when they hashed out our constitution.
Think about how simple it was SUPPOSED to be... The entire federal government was defined within the contents of a document with only 4,400 words. It's a miracle now if any bill in congress is less then 100 pages.
States were supposed to be the powerful entities in this country, with the people more closely working with their state reps than their federal ones.
Now, most people can't name a single one of their state reps outside of election time when all the yard signs pop up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's pretty sad to grow and realize that. When I was young I thought I had an understanding of all of this. Now that I'm older I found out all that's holding this country together is flex seal and gorilla glue. Social media tells us how to think and how to act. It lets us know our political stances and what to buy. It lets us act like a big dog when we are just a bird. It's trying to unite us under one all encompassing mind. Mk-ultra 2.0? I don't know. CIA watchdog? Probably. All I know is it listens to you, tracks you, watches your online shopping and search history and sells it. It makes money off of you and you don't get a cent of it. I get on this site and we'll that's about it. No FB SC Twitter or anything else. And I know I still get tracked with all of the things I just mentioned. Hell they are probably looking at me right now through my camera 😆 😆 but yes divided is what we've become because we have let them play one another against each other. Brother against brother. Other countries have history of being one group of people. America is an economic experiment filled with all of those peoples. Our groups consists of areas in which we grew up. Being from the south I see it this way. Up north it's probably divided more than that. More densely populated. I could go on but it's been long enough. Sorry for the long post.

·
Administrator
15,664 Posts
I totally agree that this country is split into two very angry factions.
The worst I have seen since the 1960's.
It is all due, in my opinion, to radical leftist Democrats, their allies in the media, radical right wing zealots, and their allies in media.
Social media only provides a vent.
The fires are stoked by MSNBC, NBC, CNN, Fox News, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and dozens of others.

Most Americans just want to be left alone to live their lives in peace.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I'm not to worried. One group is hold up in the big city whining and crying capable of doing nothing. Trying to decide which bathroom to use, what color to dye their hair or what sex they are or aren't. Totally dependent on the other group to provide for them. Yet they continue to keep up the BS all the while forgetting this one very important point.

Other group does all the work, has all the land, feeds and provides the needs of the first group. Plus they have the guns and willingness to use them. More importantly they are on the right side of history, god and the constitution. It won't be a long civil war, LMAO.

Blockade the cities and starve them out in a couple months. Shut down the power in January and freeze them out. Let them burn the city to keep warm they seem pretty good at that.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I totally agree that this country is split into two very angry factions.
The worst I have seen since the 1960's.
It is all due, in my opinion, to radical leftist Democrats, their allies in the media, radical right wing zealots, and their allies in media.
Social media only provides a vent.
The fires are stoked by MSNBC, NBC, CNN, Fox News, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and dozens of others.

Most Americans just want to be left alone to live their lives in peace.
We actually have a Manchurian candidate in the white house

·
Registered
110 Posts
We actually have a Manchurian candidate in the white house
It must be their first one. They have got to do better next time 😆 speaking of which, we had trump who was pretty good with all of the dealings of which the left is taking down. Then we get biden- exact opposite. Now if trump runs again, we might feel like we have won something. I don't really think so. If big brother doesn't want you in there you won't be. I believe if he gets into office he will only be able to get things back running only a little bit. Just enough for the sheep to say thank you. I work for a big car corporation. We had a strike not too long ago. I learned that when you have a lot of stuff like benefits, retirement, then give you a deal to take most of all the benefits away a strike happens, you live on way less money, then the union steps in like your savior 😆 and gets you MOST of the stuff back you say thank God we have the union. But you have less stuff still..... Like chipping away at the second. At least we still can bear arms when at the end of it the only thing we are going to have are bare arms. I hope that made sense 😆 so....... you have a pie and someone takes it from you and eats 2 slices then a "friend" comes and gets it back for you but gets a slice, you are only left with 1 slice and the benefits -- I mean crumbs........WHEN YOU HAD THE WHOLE DANG THING to begin with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts