Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im stuck between these two packs. It may end up as a new bug out bag, I understand camo is somthing most people stay away from but i live in a town were theres like 3000 people and probably 1500 of them are hunters. I also live near the hills and i just half to take ten steps off the property and i could run straight and still be in the woods for 90% of the province.

here is a website that has both these packs advertised
Packs

or

Price is a concern, when choosing you must realise that maybe it is 100 dollars more but is it worth a 100 dollars more

space is a concern

and how comforble is it, i will be running jumping and shooting in the bush with it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
For me I purchase a plain hiking bag at sportmens warehouse in Southhaven Mississippi. I got one for my wife too. We got more bag for the money than buying the quote surival bag.

·
Registered
67 Posts
let me tell you from my point of view .. Space is good but think of how heavey it can be if your bag is 35 -50 pds .. after 5-6 miles it starts to suck i think you should use a bag fill it w weight to see what your comfortable with. you don't want to be counter productive and only be able to move 3 miles without getting tired.

Or purchase a bag but you can camo your own bag for way cheaper. as well as train with that bag weekly fill it up with weight and get used to hoofing it.

Just some ideas. i myself have a 500 dollar bag but i did not pay for it .. its how we say in the army AQUIRED. great bags are what fit good and feel great. Don't look into how it looks too much spray paint and leaves and dirt will be your best friend. terrain can change with seasons and in the winter if your in a snow situation that will stick out like a sore thumb.

Just some ideas like i said.
Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Tropical_Rucksack_1.JPG

That bag is nice just seems like its too much this bag above can be found for much less at any military store and is spacious with a frame kit .. or even modern day bags at gi stores.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guess the choice really comes down to capacity and features. I like the larger pack as a hunting bag. Amazon has the Badlands 2800 in AP camo for 258.00 with free shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts