Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Daisy as in Daisy BB guns, makes a fairly decent slingshot and Walmart carries them. Also there is a hunting grade Wrist Rocket brand that has I think a 45lb. pull bands on it. I have both and prefer the Daisy since it is not as delicate feeling to me. Be sure and stock additional rubbers also stocked at Walmart.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love slingshots. ammo is everywhere but you can shoot rocks out of it. plus put a whisker biscuit on the end of it with 2 zip ties and you can shoot arrows out of them! folds up and down so you can use it both ways.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
.44 caliber lead balls make pretty good ammo. I have an old wrist rocket (30+years) and I definitely need to get new rubber on it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've used various brands of your basic steel framed, polymer gripped slingshots and haven't ever noticed much difference between them. Replace the band when it goes bad and they keep going. I've had some break up the polymer grip and go out of alignment, but otherwise you get what you pay for. I'd wanted a wood slingshot by Madison Parker after seeing his video on Youtube and reading an article with his from Backwoods, but their flat plum crazy to want a $125 bucks for a woods slingshot.

Custom Sling Shots - E2E Exclusive made by Madison Parker - Equip 2 Endure

Just get a Beeman.

Amazon.com: Beeman Classic II Slingshot: Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I like the looks of the barnet zombie hunter. i guess the protrusion out the front is for sighting? I have the daisy folding wristrocket from walmart and a few sacks of marbles from dollartree. Also, I did buy two packs of round hard candy..Dual purpose for my grabbag..Ammo for slingshot, and sugar rush if need be..youtube has some awesome videos and advice..And 1/4 nuts "zing" when you shoot them..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Like their FS-1. Still a fan of folding models because they pack so much easier.

Good idea storing fishing gear in the handle.
I have the WS-1, the S-9 and the FS-1, of the three the S-9 is the smallest and easiest to stow in a pack pocket, followed closely by the FS-1.

About year ago I contacted Trumark to asked if they still made the WS-1 with clear blue plastic handles. Call it nostalgia, I wanted one that was identical the first one I bought which sold for $3.05. They have long since discontinued using the clear blue plastic yet the WS-1's are still made on the original machinery.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Marksman, Beeman, Trumark and Daisy. All are good. Get extra rubber.

Buying 3/8" spheres in bulk are cheaper than store bought ammo. (1000/$20 for carbon steel)

Glass ammo makes noise and can shatter or chip.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts