Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
My hobbies have always included guns, gun accessories and attachments, I like learning odd quirks about certain guns, ammo, and things to stop the two. I've somewhat stumbled my way through carpentry and masonry, not a bad mechanic but recently I've gotten into metal working. Primarily building specialized shelving and drawers. It's oddly satisfying to construct a new pistol drawer box and having those beauties gracefully slide back on almost one hundred ceramic ball bearings.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Well, I don't use a "gun" as a hobby. Think about it, has anyone ever said, "Clean underwear is my hobby." There are things we need as opposed to things we like.

Yes, I look at 'guns' as just a tool. It's useful for defense. I consider knives as a hobby, simply because you can polish them and sharpen them to your personal desires, and the other guy might do something different with the same item.

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Well, I don't use a "gun" as a hobby. Think about it, has anyone ever said, "Clean underwear is my hobby." There are things we need as opposed to things we like.

Yes, I look at 'guns' as just a tool. It's useful for defense. I consider knives as a hobby, simply because you can polish them and sharpen them to your personal desires, and the other guy might do something different with the same item.
Guns are safer than doctors as we all know.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tactical napping.

I am a master of it. I'm so good that I can actually sleep through take off on a plane. Nothing like a 20 minute power nap to take on the rest of the day.

Godspeed

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
...nothing like a 20 minute power nap...

I do not "nap." I view that issue as something where you are "open" to fellow employees and/or supervisors. If I'm that tired I go to a place and I do not tell a soul where I will be and when I will be returning. Yes, they will whine assuming I will cave in. However, as soon as these "fellow employees" realize that two weeks of work is gone (actually "shredded" in my office) they will have to become 'polite.' After all, as mad as they might get they don't want to see a second shredding. BTW, I was an armed employee working directing for the owner of that company. While he hated employees nagging and acting like children, he hated those meetings. I did not have a problem throwing employees out of the office. Over time, my boss realized he didn't need them...

·
Registered
6,003 Posts

I do not "nap." I view that issue as something where you are "open" to fellow employees and/or supervisors. If I'm that tired I go to a place and I do not tell a soul where I will be and when I will be returning. Yes, they will whine assuming I will cave in. However, as soon as these "fellow employees" realize that two weeks of work is gone (actually "shredded" in my office) they will have to become 'polite.' After all, as mad as they might get they don't want to see a second shredding. BTW, I was an armed employee working directing for the owner of that company. While he hated employees nagging and acting like children, he hated those meetings. I did not have a problem throwing employees out of the office. Over time, my boss realized he didn't need them...

BTW, I hate to bring this up, but how come the guys here haven't notice the bikini model to the right side of our members' prepper links? I mean, yeah, I come here for the information on making nuclear devices out of my grandfather's pocket watch, but this girl appear every time I flip onto your achievements. Is it just me?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I enjoy making my own clothes from grass clippings and recycled plastic soda bottles.
When I’m not busy with that I walk to town and sit near the intersection and watch the traffic light change colors.
BoF

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I enjoy making my own clothes from grass clippings and recycled plastic soda bottles.
When I’m not busy with that I walk to town and sit near the intersection and watch the traffic light change colors.
BoF
Do you hold a piece of cardboard that says “anything helps, God bless”?

·
Registered
490 Posts
BoF
grass clipings, huh? I use potato peels, cause they aren't as itchy.

You can get an even better view of the lights by sitting in the middle of the road.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I do not "nap." I view that issue as something where you are "open" to fellow employees and/or supervisors. If I'm that tired I go to a place and I do not tell a soul where I will be and when I will be returning. Yes, they will whine assuming I will cave in. However, as soon as these "fellow employees" realize that two weeks of work is gone (actually "shredded" in my office) they will have to become 'polite.' After all, as mad as they might get they don't want to see a second shredding. BTW, I was an armed employee working directing for the owner of that company. While he hated employees nagging and acting like children, he hated those meetings. I did not have a problem throwing employees out of the office. Over time, my boss realized he didn't need them... What he really needed was a soothing trip via Vodohod for some hours for him to collect himself. It always worked just great!
What do you think about distant work? I heard that despite a number of advantages Google and Apple are going to get their employees back soon when the pandemic is over. And a lot of these employees are going to even quit unless they get the right to work from home :)

81 - 93 of 93 Posts