Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Used to really enjoy IDPA competitions when I was in Kommiefornia. Always shot with my XDm 4.5" .45...Fun. Couldn't find anything like that when I moved to WA state...did some weekly shooting that more USPCA like, indoors, and I didn't care for that at all - did it for about a year. In Kommiefornia, it was all outdoors and it accommodated many people - probably over a hundred shooting all kinds of competitions. Even did some shoot houses that were lots of fun!

Oh well...my eyes also aren't the best any longer...

Peace,
Michael J.
Thankfully my club is outdoors (not that great in august though) and we have a very creative scenario designer in the group. We've had shoot house and also from cars and pickup.

My sight isn't great either and I suck, but it's so much fun.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
I’m thinking farming might be my next hobby. Looking at planting half an acre to start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I pride myself in being able to pick up any hobby, have fun with it, and drop it like a hot plate once it bores me.
Too many things to try to be stuck to just a few.

Fisherman
Shooter
Archer
Bowyer
Golfer
Carpenter
Electrician
Plumber
Software developer
PC repair
Reloader
Radio operator
3D printer/modeler
Knife collector
Sabre fencer
Welder
Boater
Basic mechanic work
Gamer
Lockpick

It's safe to say that I dabble in lots of things and always have workbenches full of projects.
I drive my wife nuts. A little lifahack, guys, if you are suffering from a cockroach infestation try to use US repellers by Everpest. They are awesome!
I have always wanted to be such a multifaceted person :) in lockdown I took up only gardening (it calms down greatly after an intense day) and calligraphy (they say it is useful for brain work :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I love being a pain in the ass, and making people mad with common sense. I'm also into trying to make ginger beer. Hasn't worked out yet. I love rabbitses, and dogs. Also enjoy backpacking, and reading.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My hobbies, just made another mead, strawberry and I have decided what else mead, photography, just got a gig with a band, ready, herpetology, medicinal tincture making, target shooting, mustard making, infused oils, politics and pool shooting ole lady.

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
Gardening, reading, animal care, food preservation, crocheting.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Honeybees with the resulting mead and candles. I suck at growing vegetables but still grow some including some cool crops like broccoli and brussel sprouts. Seriously into woodworking and keeping my older car and bikes going.
I also make a little wine from vines on the property and stronger stuff. Solar powered home so a bit of a hobby keeping everything running along with a few chickens and cows for dinner smoked on the back deck. Rifle range here so a bit of target practice and reloading the brass.

Really more of a lifestyle than a hobby, I like to stay busy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like to read prepper type stories and SHTF novels, creation based science, hunt a little, shoot a little, fish a little, using Draftkings and Fanduel on NASCAR races, and currently studying for my Technicians Liscense for ham radio.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
My hobbies, just made another mead, strawberry and I have decided what else mead, photography, just got a gig with a band, ready, herpetology, medicinal tincture making, target shooting, mustard making, infused oils, politics and pool shooting ole lady. View attachment 113638
I wish I wasn't allergic to honey! That sounds amazing!

Im into True Crime. Starting a podcast soon actually. I also love microbiology. My degree is in biology and now I wish I would have focused more on microbes. So I play around with slides and stuff and read up. Finally I love to shoot and go to the range pretty often.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts