Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about this. My is a Taurus Mini 380 revolver. Right out of the boxes the cylinder lock up and not open. Sent it back to Taurus, got it back and it would cycle the cylinder part of the time half way. Very dangerous, send back a second time got it back and before I sent it had a 9 lb trigger pull. After get it back 15 lb trigger pull. Had to do my own trigger job to get it back to 7 lb trigger pull. The handgun is works now. The reason I purchase the firearm for my CC class, thinking it would be good for the ladies. I purchase the firearm new in the box online. After all the problems with it, I went by LGS and the one he had was a really heavy trigger pull. So the reason for the worst is I would not recommend out of the box with the two time back to Taurus and a bad trigger for a carry gun. I also know that sense I did a trigger job, I voided the warranty. ::rambo::

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
R&G A German brand imported to US. And made in Miami FLA for some years. They were the definition of junk and dangerous often sited as what was called a Saturday night special.
There was a news report years ago high profile rich man was shot at several times by a robber the 38 REVOLVER failed to fire each time robber was killed.
Everyone called foul until they reported robber had an R&G 38.
I destroyed the one I had in 1972.
Note: John Hinckley used one to try and kill President Reagan

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
My Taurus PT-22. What a POS! I picked it up cause the price was right and like to plink around with a .22 but I want one that works!. I have tried all kinds of ammo, buff the feed ramp, cursing at it, nothing works.
This pistol jams if I look at it. No more Tauras anything for me!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Taurus, anything.. Most inaccurate guns I've ever owned and least reliable.
Ruger, LCP couldn't get more than 3-4 rounds without a jam.

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
SDF880, send it back to Taurus. I had one which was the same way & works great after factory warranty repair.

Worst piece of crap I had in the past 15 years was a FEG P-35.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I would have had a hard time answering this question up until a week ago I was not in position of a POS gun, any fire arm I have owned has been what I would consider to be a quality fire arm, I have really went out of my way to make sure I have good quality fire arms.

Until last week, I was at an estate auction and I bought my first Mossberg shot gun, it is a model 600 AT 12,

I have sat out in the lawn cycling the same five shells through the gun trying to figure out why it does not feed a shell, why some times it feeds two shells, why some times it jams, and why some times it does not eject.

A few of my friends had these when we were teenage, I always thought Mossberg were inferior to a Remington shotgun, now I am sure they are,

I need to get rid of the thing before it spreads its STD's through my gun safe to the other dependable fire arms.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I would have had a hard time answering this question up until a week ago I was not in position of a POS gun, any fire arm I have owned has been what I would consider to be a quality fire arm, I have really went out of my way to make sure I have good quality fire arms.

Until last week, I was at an estate auction and I bought my first Mossberg shot gun, it is a model 600 AT 12,

The mossberg 600 AKA New Haven was their department store brand. It was an attempt to get into the discount market.

I have sat out in the lawn cycling the same five shells through the gun trying to figure out why it does not feed a shell, why some times it feeds two shells, why some times it jams, and why some times it does not eject.

A few of my friends had these when we were teenage, I always thought Mossberg were inferior to a Remington shotgun, now I am sure they are,

I need to get rid of the thing before it spreads its STD's through my gun safe to the other dependable fire arms.
The mossberg 600 AKA New Haven was their department store brand. It was an attempt to get into the discount market.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I bought a used Brazilian made 20 ga. side-by-side shotgun on a whim several years ago. The safety is loose and the extractors stick. It also doesn't open up enough to remove the shells without some force. It is a real POS! It was cheap, but you get what you pay for.

·
RIP Johnny
179 Posts
Don't know if this qualifies f or worst handgun, but I had a Walther PPK/S and it had the worst double action trigger pull ever had on a gun, but after replacing springs it was good. Years ago was issued a S&W 3000 shotgun and at times had to slam it on the ground holding the slide to get it to cycle.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
Walther P-22.I bought it lightly used for a pocket carry snake gun here at the homestead. I could not hit a 20 oz Pepsi bottle laying on the ground at 10 feet, simulating a rattler. I tried all 4 front sight posts that came with the little pot metal and plastic piece o' junk.
I traded it and $250 for a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum.

I don't understand the Taurus hate. I have a Model 605 snubnose 357 magnum (one of my carry guns), a Model 65 4" 357 magnum (truck gun), a PT1911, a Rossi 22 rimfire pump action rifle, and a Rossi single shot 30-06 rifle. All are just fine, never had a lick of trouble.
I especially like the little Rossi pump 22 - accurate as all get out, feeds shorts, longs, long rifle, has a 16" barrel and takes down at the reciever. Beautiful deep bluing, real hardwood furniture. If Ruger built a pump gun it would be like this, but the wood wouldn't be as nice. I'd like to find one in 22 WMR, but they are out of production.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
SDF880, send it back to Taurus. I had one which was the same way & works great after factory warranty repair.

Worst piece of crap I had in the past 15 years was a FEG P-35.
Thanks, I hadn't really thought about that. I really like the feel of the pistol and it's just something to plink
with just can't get the darn thing to work. I'll try Taurus CS. thx

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've never really had any, but I've always stuck to particular quality with the cheapest guns I've ever bought being my Rugers and a Bersa. All have been a 100% reliable. I had a problem with a POF piston upper one time with the front block having a canted rail, but sent it off to POF and they took care of it. They were willing to just give me a new upper too, but I wanted mine back with the rail system I had on it they didn't make anymore. I sold it off eventually, but that's about it. I've sold guns I didn't really like enough or need, but that's it. The moral of the story is folks, buy quality and you won't have many problems.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Walther P-22.I bought it lightly used for a pocket carry snake gun here at the homestead. I could not hit a 20 oz Pepsi bottle laying on the ground at 10 feet, simulating a rattler. I tried all 4 front sight posts that came with the little pot metal and plastic piece o' junk.
I traded it and $250 for a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum.

I don't understand the Taurus hate. I have a Model 605 snubnose 357 magnum (one of my carry guns), a Model 65 4" 357 magnum (truck gun), a PT1911, a Rossi 22 rimfire pump action rifle, and a Rossi single shot 30-06 rifle. All are just fine, never had a lick of trouble.
I especially like the little Rossi pump 22 - accurate as all get out, feeds shorts, longs, long rifle, has a 16" barrel and takes down at the reciever. Beautiful deep bluing, real hardwood furniture. If Ruger built a pump gun it would be like this, but the wood wouldn't be as nice. I'd like to find one in 22 WMR, but they are out of production.
I know for me it is not hate. Where you had a bad experience Walther, I had a bad experience Taurus in my life.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mossberg 715t, 22 LR. Absolute POS. Dont waste your $. A Ruger 10/22 or the S&W M&P 15-22 are far far far better guns.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have a CZ52 that annihilated my chronograph (just the rods that support the sky screens) took out the rods on both sides. Impressive numbers, but I had to mutilate a real estate agents signs to get them.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My wife's Ruger SR22. Still a decent weapon, but it jams more than any of my others.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I have a CZ52 that annihilated my chronograph (just the rods that support the sky screens) took out the rods on both sides. Impressive numbers, but I had to mutilate a real estate agents signs to get them.
7.62 x 25 is a wicked little round that will defeat most body armor. A better choice in my opinion than the 5.7 x 28.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.