Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
::redsnipe:: I have weighed a lot of things and my memory reaches pretty far back. Personally, I place no stock in an EMP event. I also have no reason to believe there will be any sort of polar shift, it has never happened. 2012 holds no water either, if it did trust me the governments would be underground already. Financial and societal collapse is plenty real though, and it's quietly spreading all over the globe. Syria, Iraq, Tunisia, Egypt and now more are beginning to see the effect of the elite banksters doings.

My worst nightmare would have to be crazy Americans in a very desperate situation going out of their skulls. In a city as big as this one, it's going to be abysmal at best. It only took five inches of snow here to cause several deaths, and that was just a little snow. Luckily our farms are pretty well hidden and defensible but numbers vs smaller numbers always win. That's my two cents, people.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Leon said:
...Financial and societal collapse is plenty real though, and it's quietly spreading all over the globe. Syria, Iraq, Tunisia, Egypt and now more are beginning to see the effect of the elite banksters doings.
We are so close to economic collapse (imo) that it scares the hell outta me. If the US loses reserve currency status, we'll make the Weimar Repuplic look like a picnic.

That's what scares me most. Not having enough resources to feed my family.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My worst nightmare is that if a natural disaster occurs and my family is separated. Economic collapse would be pretty devastating, but if we were together we could make it. 2 of my sons and my 5 grandchildren live in South Louisiana and subject to major flooding on a good day. I keep trying to get them to higher ground, but so far no luck. :cry:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think nukes will ever be fired until years of fighting made a country desperate and have to have a way out. Destroying a city or the landscape(and resources) that surround it gives no real benifit to those doing the bombing other than to demoralize or destroy a population with no plans of using the country or it's resources(which we have plenty of that would make us a target to a good old fashioned ground invasion)

My biggest fear is that I'm not as ready(in regards to food and water storage) as I would like to be. I recently in the last six months became a prepper so my stockpile is pathetic but I'm confident in my skills and the knowledge I carry with me

·
Registered
26 Posts
I kind of agree with Leon. In a truly dire situation, however it presents itself, the other survivors will end up being the biggest and most terrifying threat.

It's been reported by other board members as already starting to show its ugly face after only a three day power outage! Stolen generators, siphoned gasoline, fist fights at the few gas stations that actually had power, potential fights over bottled water even. And that's after a three day power outage. Can you imagine if there was no discernible end in sight?

I don't expend energy worrying about the event. The event will be what it will be. It's the other people (who did NOT prepare) that I lose sleep over.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One of my biggest fears is being seperated from family when the S does HTF. We live in Houston and the evacuation for Rita was a giant cluster ****. 25 hrs to get to San Antonio!! And its normally a 3 to 3.5 hr drive. We spent 6 hrs INSIDE of Houston just getting thru traffic.

My GF works at a couple of different libraries near my job, and I've mapped out a couple of different driving routes to get to her asap, and even a couple of walking routes...but quick reaction is what is going to save us...I always have news radio playing on the radio in my office just so I'm ahead of the game.

I know my mom will be at her house, and most likely my Dad will be at his job, as will my brothers...its just so frustrating that at any given moment in a normal day, the people that I need to have together (12 of us) will be at 7 different locations. We need a better plan, and we need it yesterday.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My absolutely worse fear would be to be trapped in an elevator for over an hour with my ex-wife,,,after that I will go next with an economic melt down that will last long enough to drive the crazies out of their houses hunting for food and water. People will do anything when they get hungry enough or thirsty enough. This will not take as long as most people might think and in fact there will be killings over food/water within 5 days of a melt down.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree. Nukes is a very least probable thing to happen/ but it is a scary thought. I havent read 1 second after, just the synopsis, and it is not good. I am also worried about hurricanes. Since it can be devastating. I have never evacuated. Since i am in fairly high enough ground. And if i need to, i can always go to my parents home, since their house is better fortified.

·
Registered
433 Posts
After watching the effects of this summer's drought and heat here in NW Arkansas for the 2nd. year in row I am now wondering if global warming might not be the trigger for SHTF. I have seen ponds and lakes dried up to dust that according to old timers 80+ years old, has never dried up. Forget the local crops unless they were small enough to water they are long gone. The ranchers cannot feed nor water their livestock and are selling them off for a fraction of what they have invested in them. Corn prices have increased 40%+ coming close to a 40 year record at $7.990 a bushel. This drought and heat has set records all over America and now effects over 51% of mid America with no relief in sight. This will have a quick impact on all food prices and staples to the point that things might soon teeter on people deciding to take what they want from those that have it. Scary times in my opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The possibility that during a SHTF situation the National Guard won't let people out of the city, or that my stubborn family will decide to go to a FEMA camp or something similar, and I will have to choose between going with them and dying or leaving on my own.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.