Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you prep? What is the ultimate goal?

For me it goes beyond just living through the bad times. Once the emergency is over this nation will need to be rebuilt. We will need to re-establish the government and re-assert our rights. I want to be a part of that process. I want to make sure that we don't come out of tradjedy and into a travesty. I guess I want to make sure that we have a constitutional Republic wherein our rights and freedoms are fully honored and protected. I want to avoid the mistakes that got us into trouble in the first place.

Reactions: longrider

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I guess my goals aren't near as noble. I figure I was put onto this earth, and I'll struggle to stay here and on this side of the daisies as long as I possible can. If that just dealing with modern life, or if the SHTF, I'll plug along till the good Lord takes me. If someone decides to hurry my exit, I plan on making it very costly on whomever.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I was on a business trip in Miami when Hurricane Wilma hit. About 6 months later, I was in Montreal and the hotel I was staying at caught on fire. I just figured God was telling me to get my poop in a group.

Since, the skills we have learned have greatly improved the quality of life my wife and I enjoy. So I guess in the end, I prep because I do not know how else to live anymore.

·
Registered
938 Posts
When I was growing up, there was this great poster (posters were big back then) that showed an eagle attacking a mouse in a full dive-bomber attack, and the mouse was giving that eagle the middle finger...well, let's just say he was shooting the bird (in case this is a family forum).

The caption on the poster was: "Defiance - Never Give Up!"

That is sort of my attitude on surviving. I will not give up.

You know what they say - 90% of survival is mindset.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm looking forward to a simpler life with all my family at home, all my kids play chess, pinochle, cribbage but since they grew up and moved to the city things are not as fun. Besides that I need help bucking my hay bales again.

·
Registered
921 Posts
When I was growing up, there was this great poster (posters were big back then) that showed an eagle attacking a mouse in a full dive-bomber attack, and the mouse was giving that eagle the middle finger...well, let's just say he was shooting the bird (in case this is a family forum).

The caption on the poster was: "Defiance - Never Give Up!"

That is sort of my attitude on surviving. I will not give up.

You know what they say - 90% of survival is mindset.
I have that one. On mine the mouse has a very large handgun behind his back.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
To give up is just not in our nature. To surrender is against all we believe.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I believe in God. Its just my way, and I don't impose it on anyone else. Its my belief that God would want me to do as much as I can for my family, for others and for good. That's my intent.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I feel like I have more to get done in this life. That I have more learning to do. I want to be part of the re-build. I still have so much hope and faith. That my son will still need me, when the dust settles. (I might be delusional on that one :D) That I have much to contribute to society, even if it's just my encouragement and strong back. It's in my nature to lend a hand. If God says "It's your time", then so be it. If not, as one other said: My family didn't get me to this point to give up. (paraphrasing)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
As a pastor, . . . my job is to help people, . . . best as I can.

I told the Lord one time that I didn't care if I was the last one to leave terra firma, . . . at least that way, . . . someone would be here, . . . just in case.

I stand by that statement, . . . plus I believe in putting legs on prayers. I'm doing a bit of prepping just in case He takes me up on my offer.

May God bless,
Dwight

1 - 20 of 30 Posts