Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have leaf gear in my bag and in my truck. Quick change and doesn't add a bunch of heat to ya. Solves the problem real easy.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
938 Posts
Blackhawk SERPA for vests, chest rigs and war/duty/gun belts.

Safariland Level III drop legs.

Concealed is Blackhawk Italian leather with built-in spare mag holder.

For basic pistol holsters, for semi-autos I use Blackhawk ballistic nylon with attached mag holder, or Uncle Mikes Sidekicks. I don't wear those -- they just protect the guns from moments of being only human and dropping them on hard surfaces.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Holsters and carry options depend on the season as well as location. When I lived in AZ I was pretty limited in the size of gun I could comfortably conceal. Now that I live in VA I have a lot more options.

But I have to agree with Lattice!

Asking what my holster of choice is kind of like asking what kind of clothes I like best. It depends on the occasion.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I use SERPA holsters for tactical style rigs (drop legs, vests, paddle, etc). Safariland would be nice, but very pricey. Might pick one up when I upgrade to a better 1911, but until then, it's SERPA.

For concealed carry, I use either a sholder holster and a jacket, or a IWB holster at the 4 o'clock position. I currently have a Galco King Tuk for my 1911, and a Front Line IWB holster for my Jericho 941/Baby Eagle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I realized I never answered the original question......my leather of choice is Mitch Rosen (Express Line), I've had his leather for years and it wears really well.

Summertime in AZ I would carry a Ruger LCP in a cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holster, cause it's hot as hell. I really like my S&W 442 in an Galco ankle holster when it's jeans and a t-shirt. When it really cools off I can carry however I want.

·
Registered
24,402 Posts
Paddle holster for the MilPro or pocket holster for the TCP 738.

Going to splurge for some nice leather holsters this coming year, assuming there is a this coming year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In case any LEO's are curious, I do have a permit.

Galco (nylon) ankle for Beretta Tomcat,

Serpa for Glock30+FN5.7 retention isn't for everyone but I like to ride motorcycles. Someone hits you on purpose it's great to know when they turn around to run you over again they won't be shooting you with your own gun.

Galco Paddle IWB, for Para P-1045,
Anytime you get a IWB holster it's important to make sure it fits in your pants (unless you wear BDU's all the time like me (adjustable waist).. I use to wear small of back on motorcycle until someone punched me there, while after that got a pickup which horribly uncomfortable.

Love cross-draw while driving for my Taurus Judge..

It's always nice to have options.

I also have a triangle shaped pack from 5.11 that has a detachable waistpack, which let's me put a full size .45 in the waistpack and a AR-pistol on my back.

Comfort matters a lot, after that retention is super important, I find it easier to defend a gun grab with a high-ride holster but that's personal preference. I hate shoulder Holsters, but that's preference to lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
How 'bout a belly band or smart carry rig? No belt needed..comfort is questionable

·
Registered
192 Posts
In case any LEO's are curious, I do have a permit.

Galco (nylon) ankle for Beretta Tomcat,

Serpa for Glock30+FN5.7 retention isn't for everyone but I like to ride motorcycles. Someone hits you on purpose it's great to know when they turn around to run you over again they won't be shooting you with your own gun.

Galco Paddle IWB, for Para P-1045,
Anytime you get a IWB holster it's important to make sure it fits in your pants (unless you wear BDU's all the time like me (adjustable waist).. I use to wear small of back on motorcycle until someone punched me there, while after that got a pickup which horribly uncomfortable.

Love cross-draw while driving for my Taurus Judge..

It's always nice to have options.

I also have a triangle shaped pack from 5.11 that has a detachable waistpack, which let's me put a full size .45 in the waistpack and a AR-pistol on my back.

Comfort matters a lot, after that retention is super important, I find it easier to defend a gun grab with a high-ride holster but that's personal preference. I hate shoulder Holsters, but that's preference to lol.
I would guess that like myself most of the LEO's here dont think permits are something the constitution requires.

·
Registered
24,402 Posts
I would like to think most LEOs here do not care, as there are no statutes requiring a carry while posting permit. :mrgreen:

Sorry, I think I over caffeinated, this morning!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
OWB: Blackhawk Serpa (Springfield XD-40, 1911)
CC: Remora (Sig P238, Springfield XD-40, 1911) <--99.9% of the time)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I carry my SR40 in a Crossbreed supertuck and from time to time I shoulder carry the .357 in a Barsony. I carry a P345 Ruger in a Blackhawk IWB.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Another loaded question. Depending on how I am carrying and what .My DeSantis (brown) Desantis2Medium.jpg LC9 [320x200].JPG US made IWB tuck is outstanding and the long the weapons in it the better it forms to it Low cost effective .I will as make a plug for a man in TN that makes the for you . Price is on par with others his work is top of the line and they are molded holsters The black one is one of a few I have it is an IWB tuck you can swap it from a clip to a loop type retainer depending on your needs. His gun belts are the best you pay but they are what you need and last a life time. He will also refit them for you free if you lose weight.
Gun Holsters
And then there is the Kangaroo carry I use this with my SR9C it has it's place some women like it rather than the Bra carry.
Kangaroo Carry

·
Registered
193 Posts
Another loaded question. Depending on how I am carrying and what .My DeSantis (brown) View attachment 893 View attachment 894 US made IWB tuck is outstanding and the long the weapons in it the better it forms to it Low cost effective .I will as make a plug for a man in TN that makes the for you . Price is on par with others his work is top of the line and they are molded holsters The black one is one of a few I have it is an IWB tuck you can swap it from a clip to a loop type retainer depending on your needs. His gun belts are the best you pay but they are what you need and last a life time. He will also refit them for you free if you lose weight.
Gun Holsters
And then there is the Kangaroo carry I use this with my SR9C it has it's place some women like it rather than the Bra carry.
Kangaroo Carry
Great links, Smitty. I've been shopping for an OWB.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Sr40ken same companys make great out of waist band also. With CC I have pretty much gone all tuck there are just so many out there I never did like the Nylon ones no madder what they callit have tried them . They are all in the bad idea box.
Except one from Uncle Mikes I use for a 6 inch barrel 357 OWB open carry on rare occasions

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
King Holsters for $25.00
leatherbeltholstermed.png
KingHolster.com

Perfect? No.
But for $20 to $25? Well worth the money. Even if all you do is learn how to carry and then upgrade this is the holster to start with.
I bought mine two years ago and it is my every day carry holster IWB over my right butt cheek.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Serpa for open carry, Crossbreed Supertuck for concealed. Both carry my PT24/7 Compact. Love 'em both; they're very comfortable to me.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts