·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Silent Running hands down IMO

Reactions: Renec

·
Registered
100 Posts
song from a good ol Canadian Boy....Gettin down on the Mountain....Listen to the words...this song is all about prepping and from the sounds of it, I would bet that he is an avid prepper too!!

[/VIDEO]

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Really? A song? How about "The Star Spangled Banner" or "America the Beautiful"?

I don't have SHTF song but then I have been "getting ready" for more than half of my 62 years. This isn't something I do, it is who I am. I don't sing (can't sing) so I guess I don't need a song. If I want an emotional rush all I have to do is go to a ".gov" site and look at what "our representatives" are doing to make us slaves. That'll get me fired up in a bad way. If I want to feel good I just turn to my wife and tell her I am glad she is with me.

It seems to me - after my very short time here that there are a lot people here who think this the introduction to a video game. well, maybe it is but I hope I don't have to play it by the government's rules.

Reactions: Inor

·
Super Moderator
8,592 Posts
It seems to me - after my very short time here that there are a lot people here who think this the introduction to a video game. well, maybe it is but I hope I don't have to play it by the government's rules.
Don't pay a lot of attention, do ya? Either that or you do a whole bunch of assuming.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
When it hits the fan bigtime a lot of people won't be able to handle it, but those with a "Yeehaw it's showtime, bring it on!" attitude will be the ones most likely to survive. Go Johnny..:)-

·
Registered
822 Posts
At risk of ending up on PaulS's intro to gaming playlist...

...this has always been an old favourite of mine, I sure do like the Black Angels :)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Yep, all the gung ho typical "survivalists of the 1970s" style will be there yelling at the top of their lungs, "HooooRaw!" right up to the time when some quiet scared little man with a family to protect puts a 22 bullet in his chest to keep his location secret.

This won't be anything like your video game. People are going to be angry, scared, and paniced all at the same time. They will be hungry, thirsty, and sick - looking for something that will help them get through the day. Everyone around, that they don't know, is a bad guy and is likely to get shot. The ones that will make it are not just those who have supplies but those who know how to handle themselves and not look like a target. This is going to be very hard to deal with. You will be fatigued, mentally, physically and emotionally and there will be very few that you can turn to for help.
The ones who survive will be the very worst of mankind and those who act like they have nothing of value, are not "brave", and seem to be just another poor schmuck that may not make it through the day. Most often that makes you invisible but when the tide turns you may have to find the strength to do whatever it is you must do to survive. That might mean you get a beating or become the butt of a joke. It is better than trying to kill several well armed men in an alley who have the drop on you. You are going to have to use your instincts to make choices and there is likely to be times when you make the wrong one. It might cost you your life or just a beat up body but it will cost you. Your morale may take a jump into a very deep bucket but you need the strength to pull yourself out and go on.

Normally I would just silently laugh at comments like, "Yeehaw it's showtime, bring it on!", but it needs to be told truthfully that those people will be among the first to die.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Yep, all the gung ho typical "survivalists of the 1970s" style will be there yelling at the top of their lungs, "HooooRaw!" right up to the time when some quiet scared little man with a family to protect puts a 22 bullet in his chest to keep his location secret.

This won't be anything like your video game. People are going to be angry, scared, and paniced all at the same time. They will be hungry, thirsty, and sick - looking for something that will help them get through the day. Everyone around, that they don't know, is a bad guy and is likely to get shot. The ones that will make it are not just those who have supplies but those who know how to handle themselves and not look like a target. This is going to be very hard to deal with. You will be fatigued, mentally, physically and emotionally and there will be very few that you can turn to for help.
The ones who survive will be the very worst of mankind and those who act like they have nothing of value, are not "brave", and seem to be just another poor schmuck that may not make it through the day. Most often that makes you invisible but when the tide turns you may have to find the strength to do whatever it is you must do to survive. That might mean you get a beating or become the butt of a joke. It is better than trying to kill several well armed men in an alley who have the drop on you. You are going to have to use your instincts to make choices and there is likely to be times when you make the wrong one. It might cost you your life or just a beat up body but it will cost you. Your morale may take a jump into a very deep bucket but you need the strength to pull yourself out and go on.

Normally I would just silently laugh at comments like, "Yeehaw it's showtime, bring it on!", but it needs to be told truthfully that those people will be among the first to die.
Haha PaulS you need to get out of Vancouver, the air is a lot cleaner in the east.

When I thought of favorite survival songs I couldn't think of anything specific but it did remind me of this:

Charleston Heston made a lot of moves about the end of the world (anyone seen the original Planet of the Apes), but this movie was epic in more ways than one, it was the first time a white person kissed a black person in the movies.

Of course Charles also walked with Martin Luther King and was the president of the NRA, and played Moses and Ben Hurr, he is the epic republican.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Montana Rancher,
I'm closer to Montana than I am to either Vancouver.
btw, the air is only cleaner if it isn't plowing season, harvest season, or planting season. I am surrounded by farms and if the air isn't filled with dust it is full of pollen.
I still like it better than where I came from.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I don't know the name of this song being sung by a survival group from 3:10 after a plague has wiped out nearly everybody on earth, but it shows things might not be so bad in a post-apocalypse world after all. And at the end of the clip we also hear a snatch of somebody doing a Buddy Holly number.
The only clues that there's no electricity are the acoustic guitar and the paraffin lamps but that doesn't stop them partying and whooping it up, almost as if they're glad the old stressful rat racing world has been zapped bigtime and it doesn't matter any more..:)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
It's never as bad when you have a script and are getting paid to perform....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts