Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Machete is the standard by which most who live by the blade adhere to. If you look anywhere ppl have to be serious woodsmen, they carry a parang, khurba or some other long and heavier knife like a machete. I carry a machete. Best thing after a sword is a long fighting knife, that's about what a machete is. Ancient chinese broadswords were based on machetes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi folks
I have chosen the Ghurka Khukuri knife to take the place of a machete and survival knife.
These have a heavier blade and more stable than a machette.
This form of knife also gives a heafty wieght in a throwing situation and extends the reach in a fighting situation
Comes with a verry solid shieth as well as two smaller knives for smaller more delicate work
Picked a good quality one today for around the $ 50 mark

For my other camp choice I chose a throwing type tomahawk
Purchased for under $40 bucks

Purchased both from www.reliks.com
Hope this will help some one make a choice
Hobo

·
Registered
304 Posts
S&W offer a few in your price range. Check Cabela's. Their sales offer a few different brands.

I prefer Benchmade but they are a little more expensive.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This is my baby, it's midway in size between a small multi-tool pocket knife (which i've got) and a large machete (which i plan to get).
The advantage of a mid-size like this is that it'll frighten zombs more than a smaller knife would, and you can conceal it up your sleeve or wherever, but a large machete would be harder to conceal.
It was only about 10 GB pounds (15 US dollars), The handle is solid, so you couldn't put a compass, fishing line and matches etc in there, I suppose that's why the price was low.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It looks like me Large David Bowie can be carried like that Jim. I would add some more material to the pointed end of the sheath.
Yeah it'd certainly stop the tip of the blade wearing through and nicking the vein in the crook of my elbow, ha ha..:)
Incidentally I've decided the earlier pics of me in that pretty red shirt are bad for my hard man street cred, so here's a latest pic of me in 'MMF mode' (Mean MoFo) to redress the balance.
Remember, we Brits ain't allowed to have guns so we have to have the next best thing such as big wicked looking knives to make zombs shite themselves, and this is the biggest you can get that neatly fits up your sleeve and still allows your elbow to flex. (I could get a long machete up there but it'd go all the way up to my shoulder and I wouldn't be able to bend my arm)
Apart from helping scare zombs,the balaclava is great for keeping your ears warm and bugs out of them when asleep in your tent..:)

PS- OH NO! i've just noticed a bottle of Dr Pepper soft drink in the background, bang goes my hard man street cred again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wood Gesture Automotive exterior Wood stain Hardwood

This is my pride and joy. 16" overall, 11.25" blade. Strictly for protection, kind of seems like it would be useless for anything else. I have other blades that are a little bit smaller, most of them fixed, and of course, the always useful Multi-tool.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
View attachment 255

This is my pride and joy. 16" overall, 11.25" blade. Strictly for protection, kind of seems like it would be useless for anything else. I have other blades that are a little bit smaller, most of them fixed, and of course, the always useful Multi-tool.
Yeah, big knife beats little knife every time..:)
Okay Buzz show us what you got!

1 - 20 of 160 Posts