Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all agree the US is in a downhill spiral.. What do you think it is goin to take to make a change for the better?? Or do you think it has gone too far??? I mean realistically, we all talk about changing welfare and such. But it is going to have to be a drastic situation to make a turn for the better I believe..

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
IMHO, we would all have to hold hands and sing show tunes...

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
The age of Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius

(EVERYBODY!!!)

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the minds true liberation

Aquarius, Aquarius

Eh, screw it, not gonna happen. <shrug>

·
Registered
496 Posts
IMHCO, my short answer is a return to God (II Chronicles 7:14). Shortly after WWII, "we" as a nation chose to allow our government to take God out of our society. When we did, we did not do a replacement with anything that gave us a moral guide line to life. It's now 2013, roughly 67-68 years later, I grieve that our society for we have now nearly succeeded. Whats worse, our Supreme Court Jesters now dictates our morality. The will and the vote of the public no longer counts.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
IMHO, we would all have to hold hands and sing show tunes...

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
The age of Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius

(EVERYBODY!!!)

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the minds true liberation

Aquarius, Aquarius

Eh, screw it, not gonna happen. <shrug>
You know the words to the Age of Aquarius?!? And to think that I have been reading nearly everything you wrote because I was impressed with your common sense and knowledge. :-D

In a more serious answer to the original question: The welfare and freeloading will not stop until it physically can no longer continue - I.E. crash of the dollar or something similar. We have seen how effective the government and looter class is at using their power against any dissent. For example, look at how the IRS has harassed the Tea Party and the Tea Party was not really doing anything besides making some noise. If somebody came along and offered a real chance to restore the Constitutional Republic they would be vilified beyond belief. What is worse, I expect some of us might inadvertently cheer the government on in such a situation because they also own the media and most of our sources of information.

One of my biggest fears is that I might initially support some freedom stripping effort just because I do not have the information to know how bad it is. That is what happened to me with the Patriot Act. Initially, I thought it was okay (because it was only temporary). Big mistake.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Had a friend tell me, "the rich keep the poor happy, and the poor keep the rich in office". That was probably about 1978, I can't say things have gotten any better. Sometimes I think we, the working class, have allowed the government to grow into a monster that we'll never be able to cage. I think groups like the tea party was trying to re-take back our government, but were put under so much of an attack by the media, they were portrayed as everything from racist to wackos, to extremest. I am not a tea part member, I still don't know enough about them, but the things I did hear made sense to me.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Historically speaking, . . . every, . . . EACH AND EVERY, . . . government has come to its end, . . . one day, . . . one way or another.

It is said that a democracy or republic will only last as long as the constituents are willing givers, . . . willingly allowing themselves to be taxed for infrastructure, government and it's associated army, navy, congress, officials, etc. When the constituents ascertain that all they have to do is cry, . . . they become receivers instead of contibutors, . . . the balance of income vs outgo becomes unbalanced, . . . that particular government goes down, down and out.

We are not quite there, . . . but a few more obamaphone handouts, Solyndra debacles, and another 2 million ********* on top of the 24 million illegal senors, senoras, and senoritas, . . . and we are quickly approaching the breaking point.

It's all kinda like the teeter totter we all played on as kids. We are the same people, . . . it's the same toy, . . . but now neither end will withstand the weight that is being thrown onto it. It's gonna break.

Will it be race riots? Will it be an internal civil war? Will it be a natural catastrophe? Will we be attacked by outside military forces?

Any one of these could be the Ft. Sumpter that begins the next big blood bath.

We are in the downward spiral that fosters and spawns those debacles, . . . so keep your powder dry, . . . rice and beans on hand, . . . and keep looking up.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
History has shown, repeatedly, that all civilizations eventually collapse. I know that it is a bitter pill for red-blooded Americans to swallow, but I believe that it is inevitable. Greed will always undermine the best intentions of a society. Especially a free enterprise society. The rich will always try to take all the pie for themselves. The lazy will always beg for more pie, and the hardworking will always get a smaller piece until they get tired of it. The only variable in this equation is time. How long will it take? No one knows, but I see warning signs in America now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Or do you think it has gone too far???
Well... 300 million people in America... probably need to instill common sense and work ethic in about 150 million of them to fix this... Crap.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
A leader.

It's not too late but each day it gets closer. A leader could take steps to reverse the negative trend and not just slow it down. Unlike many in the preparedness world I've seen govt work, do good, and enable masses to prosper. I'm not opposed to govt but it's long overdue for reform (real reform) and doing so could enable people like never before. I would say the technical industry has econimically created enough wealth to buy us time, but unfortunately we aren't spending the time wisely as a nation.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
We all agree the US is in a downhill spiral.. What do you think it is goin to take to make a change for the better?? Or do you think it has gone too far??? I mean realistically, we all talk about changing welfare and such. But it is going to have to be a drastic situation to make a turn for the better I believe..
Gone to far. Stick a fork in it... Done. What you'll see now is basically a slow motion disaster or crash. Depending on what happens with the immigration bill, o care and 2014/16 I it will either accelerate or slow a little, but it won't stop.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
And just a further though. America will change and is changing. in 50 years, will it be the same that we have now? Nope. But to many it will be the new normal and they will accept that. I'm sure we will have crisis after crisis that will allow the government to take more control but again, to the people around in the next 50 years, it will be the new normal and ok with them. They won't know any better because schools and parents don't or won't teach them what America it's really about. We, who know, will mostly be gone in 50 years or fighting a losing cause.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The stodgy lacklustre Dems and Reps have run the show for far too long, so what America needs are some alternate tough-talking firebrand Parties to vote for.
In Britain we're lucky in having two such parties, the BNP (British National Party) and UKIP (pronounced yookip, the United Kingdom Independence Party).
Here are their leaders in action-

·
Registered
559 Posts
It will change, when it absolutely has to. Once our checks start bouncing and/or inflation goes crazy.

I believe it was Churchill who said something along the lines of "You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all the other possibilities."

We still have 'other possibilities'...

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
And just a further though. America will change and is changing. in 50 years, will it be the same that we have now? Nope. But to many it will be the new normal and they will accept that. I'm sure we will have crisis after crisis that will allow the government to take more control but again, to the people around in the next 50 years, it will be the new normal and ok with them. They won't know any better because schools and parents don't or won't teach them what America it's really about. We, who know, will mostly be gone in 50 years or fighting a losing cause.
Could not agree more, look at what we accept now: our government going broke, but government wasting billions for nothing, all we do is shake our heads. Our president takes multi-million dollar vacations while telling us we need to give more. Our government giving billions of dollars to other countries while we go deeper into dept by the second. And look at what we've been groomed to accept from our police? The ones who were once suppose to work for us? How many times have you been passed on the highway by a speeding police, knowing the call they were on was to their favorite Mr. Donut? Except for the most extreme cases, we've allowed our law enforcement to become above the law.
We're slowly giving up our freedom of speech, they are working to take our second admin. All of our rights of privacy are quickly going by the wayside, and innocent until proven guilty is turning into a fleeting thought. So yeah, I agree 50 years from now, if America is still here, it will be quite different, and our people will accept what they've been taught is normal.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Looking at the example of Rome. It would start to fall then "Crisis Leadership" would shore it up and it would get better. For a while, but they never addressed the core issues. They would layer on another level of bureaucracy and increase taxes to pay for it. Each succeeding cycle Rome rose not as high and fell a little further. Eventually an emperor living now in Ravena basically abandoned his subjects to their fate at the hands of barbarians because he would not give up any of his luxuries to pay the barbarians for their military service. Anyone see these dynamics in play?

·
Registered
24,399 Posts
OK, since you asked.

A revival. That is what it will take.

I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Father to which Jesus, my Lord and Savior, prayed. I do not hide this, although I am often a poor representative for Him. This God, the only true God, is the One to which the Declaration of Independence refers. He is the One who endowed us with certain liberties and the responsibilities that go along with them.

John Adams has been proved right. He said the constitution is wholly inadequate for anything but a religious (read Christian) people. Look around. Patrick Henry explained what would come next when he said, "It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."

Look around and you see a society that is without God, discipline, ethics, morals and principles. Right is now wrong and wrong is even glorified. Laziness is rewarded and debt the way to live like the rich. Entertainment is the most important thing, and freedom is not even understood, anymore. The life of a puppy is held in higher esteem by this degenerate nation than is the life of an unborn child.

Want to know how bad we have gotten? Christian missionary groups now come here to reach out to the unsaved! Couple this with the fact that Putin chastised our government for assisting vicious, barbaric people who rip open and eat the organs from their dead enemy, and you can see where we now are.

We walk around waving flags and chanting "God Bless America" while God is sending us a lot of warnings that things other than blessings are going to fall on us if we do not turn from our wicked ways and honor Him, once again. Sickening, isn't it, that we demand God bless us, even though we want to follow the ways of the demented?

A revival.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts