Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to see what is in your BOB, pics are great too!
I love to see what others decide to carry to help me add to mine too.
Ill post my revised list shortly (this is my old list that I have on my computer).

Dump pouch -AR Mag pouch -Multi-tool -2 FRS Radios -Orienteering compass -Machete -Flashlights -paracord -camelbak bladder -Knives -pen/notepad -MREs -MRE heaters/trioxane -military folding stove -granola bars/snacks/gorp -ponchos -blanket -emergency blanket -plastic utensils -monocular -slingshot -TP -hygiene products (soap,shampoo,toothbrush/paste,razor,chapstick,etc.) -p-38 can opener -small saw -complete first aid kit -magnesium fire starter -mini combo screwdriver -vitamins/anti-biotics -ranger bands -dry bag -carabiners -hand sanitizer -latex gloves/gloves -dust masks -cyalume sticks -medicines -duct tape -bandanas -fishing supplies (line,hooks, bait) -small solar panel + connectors -safety glasses -candles -water purification tabs -water purifier -coffee filters -light clothes/ shell layer -collapsible water bucket -garbage/ziploc bags -safety wire/cable ties -Feminine and baby products -Ki tabs

(some things aren't listed because they are a part of another item; i.e. I have a sewing kit in my first aid bag)

27lbs. without water or ammo

I also keep a list attached to my bag of stuff that I need to grab before bugging out... ammo, firearms, go kits (my blue bins in garage filled with food/water,etc.), gas masks, batteries, fuel, etc...

UPDATED LIST BELOW....

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Man you stung me in the ass with this post. My BOB is friggin worthless to me at this juncture. I made it when I was hopping around the woods at will filming my show, able to kick off a grown man and run like hell while firing backward. Now I move like an old man, can't run or jump, slow any way you cut it and unable to lift much lest I break my badly cobbled-together leg. Time to redo it.

thanks to yzingerr for the kick in the ass. Tomorrow is BOB renewal day. I just looked back at that thing and cringed. It's too heavy and probably five months out of date. Sword of Damocles, anyone? FIX YOUR BOB'S NOW!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Mine pretty much mirrors yours. But I have it broken down into 3 bags. If we have to hump it out 2lucky people getter to carry my ammo.
idealy I drive out or I have a bike and trailer or the trailer converts into stroller like cart. Even good for dirt trail.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
shotlady- you been in the thick, you have the ground game down, what would a wounded man do well to shed? I have the normal base dressout for a BOB or gear pack, but it's about five pounds off my current ability. Not to mention I built it before a life changing event. I'm still pretty much unable to run or hike steep grades, but I can still hump it for maybe a mile. Say you had to grab a bag on a broken leg, what would you cut out? I am dead-serious about this deal...this bag is about to change. Help?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep my gear separated by essentials.
In the dump bag is my food. Toiletries are grouped together as well. Everything is sorted and grouped together in waterproof clear bags.
I do this just in case i need to severely lighten my load and move. I can bury it if need be and retrieve later.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The wife and I each have bags that mirror some essentials, and are suited to us personally. Mine is bigger and heavier (ammo weight, etc.), hers smaller and lighter, but both have 5 ways to make fire, medical needs and basics. We keep lists of the contents and dates (she has them ATM), and refer to them weekly. There is something to be said about maintenance and rotation.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The wife and I each have bags that mirror some essentials, and are suited to us personally. Mine is bigger and heavier (ammo weight, etc.), hers smaller and lighter, but both have 5 ways to make fire, medical needs and basics. We keep lists of the contents and dates (she has them ATM), and refer to them weekly. There is something to be said about maintenance and rotation.
You know what i find essential believe it or not are those 5 hour energies. Its a good boost incase you need it..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Along what mikey said, people that drink coffee need some form of sustenance. we dont think about it, but a lot of us (me) will get a migraine if i dont drink coffee everyday. I carry caffeine pills and excedrine migraine (has caffeine in them) in my bob for this type of emergency.
I realize it would be easier to stop drinking or use less, but I love the flavor and the ritual of drinking it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updated list:

Slingshot
first aid kit
duct tape
ess goggles
poncho blanket
solar panel
bandanas
gloves
N95 masks
honey
monocular
drinking straw filter
water carrier
food (asstd)
tp
solar flashlight
wet wipes
sewing kit
cable ties
water purification tabs
fishing kit
lightsticks
kydex
coffee filters
ziplocs
candles
saline drops
safety wire
dump bag
ar mag pouch
flashlights
machete
knives
FRS radios
batteries
multi tool
paracord
camelbak bladder
carabiners
compass
qtips
eating utensils
signal mirror
space blankets
snakebite kit
lighters
small folding saw
firesteel
whistle
mini screwdriver kit
p38
condoms
ranger bands
shoe laces
clothes
Ki tabs
garbage bags
sani kit (kids, meds)
toiletries including vaseline, baby powder, chapstick, soap, hand sanitizer, etc.
water filter
docs

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also keep an adjacent bag that I dont have to have, but will take if speed isnt a concern.
It includes items like:
extra ammo
gas masks
more food/water
extra shoes and clothes
another water filter (full size)
cook kit

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
c'mon people, lets see them bags!

·
Registered
634 Posts
So this is my very first BOB. I thought this would be a breeze, just through some things in there I thought I would need and I would be done. I was wrong, I am missing alot and have to rethink several things. I have some picks below but I know I need to rework the whole thing. My biggest problem is I have to be ready for all 4 season and winter gear = HEAVY. I was thinking 60 - 70 pounds no problem until I had it sitting on my back...... but I guess you have to start somewhere. I have the wife a bag now and the daughter one.

At this point something is better than nothing but this is by far not a ideal load but it will get there. once it warms up a bit we are going to start taking some trips up into the mountains and putting everything to work and find what really will work for us :) .

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So this is my very first BOB. I thought this would be a breeze, just through some things in there I thought I would need and I would be done. I was wrong, I am missing alot and have to rethink several things. I have some picks below but I know I need to rework the whole thing. My biggest problem is I have to be ready for all 4 season and winter gear = HEAVY. I was thinking 60 - 70 pounds no problem until I had it sitting on my back...... but I guess you have to start somewhere. I have the wife a bag now and the daughter one.

At this point something is better than nothing but this is by far not a ideal load but it will get there. once it warms up a bit we are going to start taking some trips up into the mountains and putting everything to work and find what really will work for us :) .
Who makes that pack?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Who makes that pack?
It's a ILBE Military surplus. I got mine off Ebay with the additional assult pack shipped for about $85.00. do some web searches on it, It is not a light bag by any means at over 8 pounds just for the bag. All the reading I did on it before I purchased it, it is pretty much a bomb proof bag and will last along time even being surplus.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
No way am I taking all that crap out for a photo right now. It's my day off and I'm so drained from work I can barely lift the expresso and type. It's loaded with food, shelter, water, fire, weapons, medical and the means to make and get them if that helps. :p

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^is that a "where's waldo" picture?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I split my bag into sections as well.

1 - fire - everything about making fire - matches, magnesium strip, lighters, brillo pad/9 volt batteries, candles
2 - medical/cleaning - 3 different sizes of band aids, several types of gauze, aspirin, cold/flu pills, allergy pills, toothpaste/brush, mini soap, sunblock, shampoo, tissue/TP, and a lot more
3 - survival - this has most everything else - small radio, several sets of batteries, 3 different knives - swiss, buck and straight edge, paracord, compass, maps, burner fluid for cooking in a small tin, small mess kit - pots, pans etc
4- food - 2lbs of brown rice, 1 lb black eyed peas - 3 packs of sardines, 1 can spam, 2 packs Kool-aid mix, 3 tea bags, 4 hershey bars, 2 large brownies and trail mix. also MRE meals
5 - clothes - pretty straight forward here - underwear, socks, shirts, etc

Also have a 2 person tent in my bag, sleeping bag hooked to the outside, and a metal water bottle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts