Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we will see if they have been telling us everything about the asteroid DA14 that is to pass by some time today . Most of the time asteroids don't travel by them selves and now this just in from Russia and if this is some tag alongs of DA14 it sure is closer then 14,000 miles or so although I still don't think we will get hit by DA14 and even if it did it wouldn't be an EOTWAWKI event only equal to 2.4 megaton blast but would damage a city.
Meteorite crash in Russia: UFO fears spark panic in the Urals (VIDEO, PHOTOS) ? RT

Edit: Now the head lines say Russia shot down the meteorite and people are to pick up their kids from school and stay home. This is on a major Russian station. Trying to shoot down a meteorite doesn't make any since and I doubt they could hit something moving 17,000 mph. I got a feeling that we will never no the truth of what went on. It looked to me it was a small meteorite that came through our atmosphere and burned off a lot of material as it hit the heavier atmosphere and just kept on going are bounced off, yes something traveling 17,000 mph can bounce off our atmosphere, we have the same problem with space craft returning to earth if there angle is not right.

Now I can't get on their site possible too much traffic. But luckily someone already made a video of part of there broadcast.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thats what I would expect to see from a inner geosynchronous asteroid. Nice footage-Russia has all but said they would intercept something that close. And recently. So no surprise if they did try. Thing about Russia they arent stupid and went ballistic not nuclear.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think it was a meteorite coming into the atmosphere, but did not hit, notice how long it is when you see it flash by and then the sonic boom takes also after the big flash you see it still going. I wonder if we will ever know what it real is. Just hope the big one isn't this close, and don't believe that it isn't related to DA14 due today.

Well now I see the major networks are picking up on it. Funny how sites like godlikeproductions had it over a hour ago and the major networks are just picking it up.

Russian Twitter page https://twitter.com/RT_com

500 hurt 6 buildings damaged in different cities. Sounds to me it was a sonic wave as it crossed the atmosphere.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds more like it airburst at a fairly low altitude. Nothing like as large as the Tunguska Event but along the same lines of asteroid impact that never causes a significant surface impact.

Ahh!! By 'significant surface impact' I meant a crater. That Tunguska event was somewhat of a surface disruption after all.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It was reportedly moving sat 54,000 kph. Thats the Booms. The found one 6 foot crater so far so yeah it did break up in the atmosphere.

don't believe that it isn't related to DA14 due today
No it wasnt it came from the opposite direction. Unseen itleast publicly beforehand.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
280 Posts
They should pass a law that makes it illegal to enter our atmosphere.:0
Maybe an immediate executive order......
Or maybe only seven at a time, of a certain size.

Reactions: Ripon

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Actually this sort of thing is not at all uncommon in outer Russia. In the 1800's people near a remote forest area awoke to find a whole forest laid flat like matchsticks. I think also some time in the 60's there was a meteorite that caused a fracas like this one.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Actually this sort of thing is not at all uncommon in outer Russia. In the 1800's people near a remote forest area awoke to find a whole forest laid flat like matchsticks. I think also some time in the 60's there was a meteorite that caused a fracas like this one.
OI believe there was 4 meteors in Southern/Eastern Russia in the last 100 years with Tunguska being the largest. This was the largest since that event apparently. It was also an airburst event.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.