Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I can survive, just don't know for how long, hopefully longer than if the SHTF but only time will tell. But isn't that the whole reason we plan / prep is to survive.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Nobody survives life, eventually it will take us all. I may have 50 years (optimistic) or I may have 50 seconds.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I think that the ones that think they are ready don't have as good of a chance as the ones that think they haven't done enough and keep peppering. "Pray for the best but keep prepping for the worst"

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
Not sure what you mean by SHTF. 2004 we had two serious hurricanes two weeks apart. Total of 12 days without electricity those two weeks. Serious lack of gasoline available as well as food in the stores. Being prepared made things a lot easier.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
In one fashion or another, . . . I've been "prepping" most of my life. We always canned stuff from the garden, . . . always have extra food in the house / freezer / fridge, . . . always keep extra stores of non food items, . . .

I'm prepared for a small SHTF, . . . but I don't think anyone can honestly say "I WILL survive" simply because the future is an unknown quantity. No one expected the typhoon that just leveled the Phillipenes, . . . or the tsunami that hit Japan, . . .

Stuff happens, . . . just be ready as best you can, . . . as best your budget will allow, . . . and keep close to your prayer closet.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have been in a bad SHTF scenario where roads were out, bridges smashed, no electricity for almost a month, no safe water and a pantry that was out of food in 1 week. I survived it all. My time would have been better had I prepped. Lessons were learned and my prepping has evolved over time.

With that said..... death is a 100% guarantee. We will all die. Some of us to cancer, some to accidents, others to heart disease and some lucky few will die of old age. I will survive as long as I can, because it is human nature to self preserve and survive.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yep, been doing it for a long time now and will if poop don't hit the spinney thing. I'll just be better armed and stocked than most others with a real nice piece of land and partly underground dome home.

I'm sorry, but I'm really hoping for a zombie apocalypse though. :razz:

Hand Human Window Gesture Sculpture

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yep, been doing it for a long time now and will if poop don't hit the spinney thing. I'll just be better armed and stocked than most others with a real nice piece of land and partly underground dome home.

I'm sorry, but I'm really hoping for a zombie apocalypse though. :razz:

View attachment 3270
Unmoving paper targets get old after a while and we got all this ammo just sitting there. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I don't plan on surviving... I plan to keep on living until I get tired of it. So far I have stuff to keep me busy for the next 1000 years. I just don't have time to die.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I ate venison loin and onions for dinner, drinking sips of corn whisky, now eating crusted apple pie, as I sit on my ass in my Laz-E-Boy watching my 62 inch TV next to my oil lamp.

I think I can survive like this for some time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts