Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If north korea does start war with USA. what would the effects be nationwide not just washington dc. War is scary... were used to see it on cnn but not on our back yards.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Someone bringing a actual war to this countries soil would be down right suicide. Even after some kind of Massive SHFT we still out arm the rest of the world put together.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If North Korea stands alone and comes against us it will be a very short fight. We'll pound the living **** out of them with bombs and rockets, then send in troops supoorted by air and armor like normal and destroy what they've got in a military before they can cook up some kimchi to feed the troops. If they don't stand alone (and I doubt they would) and China and Russia join them using North Korea as a spark then we're not talking a small fight. Maybe not one we'll win either. Than we're in deep **** ourselves. Britain our main ally has a very weakened military these days and I truly question who will fight with us or look to build relations with the new super power as we crumble. There's blood in the water for our country in many ways from the economy, to political climate and civil unrest. We always think no one could attack our mainland and there's a rifle behind every blade of grass as Admiral Yamamoto said, but find a way to strike our fragile grid and computer run systems and we could be in it for sure. Whether EMP or computer assualt. Cells already here and short range missile hits from China/Russia South America partners. There are always possibilities and various combinations of attacks that could bring our end. The question is whether they can do it.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
AquaHull is spot on in the understanding. Those rogues have already demonstrated they can put a sattelite in orbit, . . . that also means 2, maybe 4, maybe 10.

IF, . . . albeit a stretch, . . . but IF the sattelites were in reality some type of re-entry vehicle that decended into our air space, . . . EMP bombs go off, . . . the USA could be darn near up ended for at least 3 to 6 months.

It won't be pretty either, . . . but you might get a sample from the book "One Second After".

You would also find out how well or how not so well your personal prepping went, . . . who your friends are, . . . etc.

There would be no invasion, . . . and most likely when our nuclear subs got done with the fat boy from NK, . . . well, . . . just say that Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be small change compared to what would happen in NK.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
North Korea does not have the capacity to "land" troops in America. The one I'd fear is Assad. If he believe
the US is helping his enemies he is capable of sending discreet and small groups to America to cause harm.
Can you imagine what a 100 well trained soldiers with nearly unlimited resources could do in America - and
what little our government could do to stop them? Imagine them cutting loose on the day after Thanksgiving
at shopping centers across America? I wrote a short essay on that - they could cut GDP by 3% with one
day's effort. They could put this nation on a sprial to economic oblivian - just a 100 or 200 men with small
arms and the will to wreck havoc on our society.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
North Korea does not have the capacity to "land" troops in America. The one I'd fear is Assad. If he believe
the US is helping his enemies he is capable of sending discreet and small groups to America to cause harm.
Can you imagine what a 100 well trained soldiers with nearly unlimited resources could do in America - and
what little our government could do to stop them? Imagine them cutting loose on the day after Thanksgiving
at shopping centers across America? I wrote a short essay on that - they could cut GDP by 3% with one
day's effort. They could put this nation on a sprial to economic oblivian - just a 100 or 200 men with small
Your are, . . . unfortunately, . . . all too correct in your assessment. Sometimes I wonder if they are not already deployed, . . . . . hmmmmm.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
To deploy early would put them at risk. To ask them to become comfortable in the society they aim to attack risks them deciding - WTF - this is good - they got strippers! :)

I would see them arriving only weeks ahead of attacking. They could deploy intelligence officers through their embassies and begain gathering data on targets.

Your are, . . . unfortunately, . . . all too correct in your assessment. Sometimes I wonder if they are not already deployed, . . . . . hmmmmm.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Our border is porous with Mexico. The Muslim Brotherhood is helping out the Mexican Drug Cartels................

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
It truly amazed me saddam and quadaffi went down with out a fight. I mention Assad because the man is far mor educated and equally capable. We train special forces, but people think they can't? We train CIA operatives, but people assume they can't, and we openly attacked Iran already with digital technology but get flustery and bent out if shape when they do it.

I would not put it passed Assad to work with Iran to send a 100, 200, 500 men across our porous border to engage us with plausible deniability. A fool like o'failure wouldn't even be able to retaliate.

Our border is porous with Mexico. The Muslim Brotherhood is helping out the Mexican Drug Cartels................

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
We have a GDP? This is news to me

Ok, here is my skinny on the current wars.

Iraq, we need a base inside the oil producing regions, Iraq had the 3rd largest army in the word (this is gulf war 1 in 1991, I should know) and so if we take that out and build THE BIGGEST MILITARY BASE IN THE WORLD, we have a toe hold for our future actions. Oh and we get the oil fields.

Libia with 144 tons of gold was going to start a new currency, OMG a rebel uprising, supported by NATO and Kadafi is toast. Where did the gold go? hmmm nobody knows but days after the "rebels" got NATO help (and before Kadafi was killed) they created a new central bank of Libya tied to .... you guessed it... the world banking elite. Oh and we got the oil fields.

Afganistan... I'm drinking a bit of good sour mash but it has to do with the rare earth minerals mined there.

I haven't got Syria figured out yet but probably the 3000 tons of weapons and support the rebels are getting from us are getting them from.... wait for it... our bases in Iraq.

I sure am glad this isn't a coincedence and just random things happening.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Consider this scenario-
"An enemy submarine lands a team of saboteurs with explosives at East Hampton, Long Island, New York.Their mission is to destroy power plants at Niagara Falls and three Aluminum Company of America factories in Illinois, Tennessee and New York.
Another team is landed at Hancock Point, Maine"

Here's the kicker- THAT'S ALREADY HAPPENED in WW2!
The Germans did it from U-boats, but my point is that Nth Korea could do exactly the same thing today, coming ashore in rubber boats at night to hit coastal cities, or hop on Greyhound buses to strike cities and nuclear power plants etc in the American heartland a thousand miles inland, either with conventional explosives or with suitcase-nukes.
Of course, the only thing stopping them is the fear of American retribution, as illustrious leader Kim Jong-un doesn't like the idea of ending up staring down the barrels of a SEAL team like Bin Laden..

Nazi U-Boats vs USA-
WIKI- "On June 12, 1942, the U-boat U-202 landed Dasch's team with explosives and plans at East Hampton, Long Island, New York.Their mission was to destroy power plants at Niagara Falls and three Aluminum Company of America factories in Illinois, Tennessee and New York.
In 1944 there was another attempt at infiltration..Their mission objective was to gather intelligence on the Manhattan Project and attempt sabotage if possible. They sailed from Kiel on U-1230 and landed at Hancock Point, Maine on November 30, 1944"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pastorius

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
North Korea could, Iran, Syria, etc. Hell even dear old "al queda" could probably still muster a team. The nations with UN access are the one's I'd fear the most. They don't need a grey hound. One agent gets out and away and disappears into the American' wilderness (anywhere in America). He can provide vehicles, weapons, food, shelter and everything a terrorist cell would need.

Consider this scenario-
"An enemy submarine lands a team of saboteurs with explosives at East Hampton, Long Island, New York.Their mission is to destroy power plants at Niagara Falls and three Aluminum Company of America factories in Illinois, Tennessee and New York.
Another team is landed at Hancock Point, Maine"

Here's the kicker- THAT'S ALREADY HAPPENED in WW2!
The Germans did it from U-boats, but my point is that Nth Korea could do exactly the same thing today, coming ashore in rubber boats at night to hit coastal cities, or hop on Greyhound buses to strike cities and nuclear power plants etc in the American heartland a thousand miles inland, either with conventional explosives or with suitcase-nukes.
Of course, the only thing stopping them is the fear of American retribution, as illustrious leader Kim Jong-un doesn't like the idea of ending up staring down the barrels of a SEAL team like Bin Laden..

Nazi U-Boats vs USA-
WIKI- "On June 12, 1942, the U-boat U-202 landed Dasch's team with explosives and plans at East Hampton, Long Island, New York.Their mission was to destroy power plants at Niagara Falls and three Aluminum Company of America factories in Illinois, Tennessee and New York.
In 1944 there was another attempt at infiltration..Their mission objective was to gather intelligence on the Manhattan Project and attempt sabotage if possible. They sailed from Kiel on U-1230 and landed at Hancock Point, Maine on November 30, 1944"

Operation Pastorius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm not entirely sure a North Korean diesel boat could manage to navigate it's way to the west coast undetected. Those old Kilo's were nice boats, but were built for coastal defense/patrol.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Modern day war is not scary for those here at home. Just a flash in the evening news. Most don't give a rats tail who does as long as it is not them and they get to keep there stuff. Break out another phony ribbon. Another coexist bumper sticker, ect
Check with the Soldiers in SK right now. They tell you what scary is. I bet the drills they are doing now are no fun.

·
Super Moderator
9,244 Posts
But with China and Russia for friends, who's to say they wouldn't supply NK with decent transportation? It would also be in their best interest to wreak some havoc in the US.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm not entirely sure a North Korean diesel boat could manage to navigate it's way to the west coast undetected. Those old Kilo's were nice boats, but were built for coastal defense/patrol.
The 1200-mile-long western seaboard of America is a lot of area to police with sonar-equipped Navy and Coastguard vessels, maybe they'll get lucky and detect a hostile sub or maybe not.
And if we factor in another few thousand miles of Alaskan, Canadian and Mexican coastline, the policing area becomes even bigger and a sub would have a better chance of creeping up near Acapulco to drop off its terror-teams in rubber boats, from where they'd head north into the US with forged papers and stuff, or like Ripon said they could contact an agent planted in Mexico or wherever to supply them with papers and cars and motorbikes.
Another scenario would be if they were dropped off from an innocent-looking fishing trawler or merchantman instead of a sub.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have a sneaky suspicion that these days there isn't a NK sub that leaves port that we don't know about.........

The trawler or merchant vessel is a lot more feasable, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts