Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
My wife is very much on-board as well. She buys much of what we use from the big club stores… a case (or two) at a time. Even though we live on half an acre in town, we garden and cook outdoors with alternative fuel sources as often as the weather allows… trying to integrate low-tech self-reliant options into our daily lives.

We’ve discovered that you can shift your life style a little at a time in spite of your surroundings and comfortably (maintaining a contemporary household) wean off many dependencies. Our youngest goes off to college this fall and we plan to make a more substantial down-shift to a simpler mode of living at that time. Both my wife and I are anxious to make the changes. We’ve found that life is much more enjoyable and a whole lot less frantic when you leave the TV and the computer off in the evening and just talk or read a book while sitting around a brazier fire on the deck. We don’t ignore daily and current events, but we choose to be informed, not infected.

We anticipate some pretty rude political, social and financial upheavals in 2012/2013 and chose to adjust early, so the impacts on us are less severe. If nothing happens (can’t imagine), we’ll still be in a healthier, less costly and more independent situation. That’s rewarding in itself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.