Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I believe Obama will be a one-hit-wonder! He came out of no where to become the icon of the world with the catch phrase "Change". Now he uses "forward" as his slogan. He is being backed by global forces pushing the age old idea of a one world government. We believe he will do anything to stay in power, from another 9/11 or Pearl Harbor; by using the "race card" to further escalate tensions within the country; thus causing a economic collapse in the united states.
I would like to ask you all a question . :?:
If martial law is declared in our country - how do you think it will effect our lives? :?: Will you go to work tomorrow or will you stay home to protect the family? Will the stores be open? Your workplace? Food? Gasoline?

Please give us your input and thoughts on this issue? It will help us all prepare for what is coming.

Wolfrem68

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I'll jump in the bug out vehicle (loaded assault rifle in hand) and head straight to the nearest store for supplies. Let's just say what I'll be grabbing will be 'on credit'. after I fill the tanks and the reserve cans I'll be heading back to the pad, talking to my peeps whether by radio or face to face and formulating a plan to "bug out" or stay put. After that it's going to be a daily thing of patrolling the neighborhood and keeping the undesirables away from it. Then I guess as time goes on, after the local law enforcement is either dead or fled, we start over doing what it is we Americans do. We got land to farm and water to drink, plenty of woods nearby to hunt and hopefully some good folks to help us get by. If it goes all out martial law, black soldiers and black helicopters then I am bugging out far to the south where meat is easily shot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick reply.
Wolfrem68

·
Registered
64 Posts
I feel that the damage is done and that whether Obama is re-elected or not that this country is in for some BIG CHANGES. The economy is failing, big companies will begin to fall, and there will be mass chaos everywhere especially in cities/towns with more than say 2-3 thousand residences. I know everyone has heard of "history repeats itself". Well I think that we are going to do just that. After its all said and done, cities fall, people die, etc.....The ones that survive will be left with nothing but what they did their prepping with (land, supplies, guns) and i am picturing a wild west kind of situation. Back to scarce phone/electricity/utilities except for the ones generating their own. Back to growing your own food and hunting game. The task of building this country, this world, back to normal will be in the hands of the intelligent, the strong, the true survivors.
I strive to be one of the survivors and hope to be nestled somewhere deep in a remote area of the country with all the basic supplies to live off the land.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wolfrem68 – That’s certainly a question to make all of us stop and consider, however, I will abstain from sharing my thoughts on those subjects. So convinced am I that this country could face incredible peril if/when Obama loses, I feel compelled to keep my expectations and anticipated responses to myself. I believe that we are now entering a time when revealing aspects regarding the nature of our personal tactical projections is not wise. The potentials are so real that they cease to be academic and open to casual discussion. They demand serious preparation now and cautious operational security.

Reactions: gitnready4it

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wolfrem68 - That's certainly a question to make all of us stop and consider, however, I will abstain from sharing my thoughts on those subjects. So convinced am I that this country could face incredible peril if/when Obama loses, I feel compelled to keep my expectations and anticipated responses to myself. I believe that we are now entering a time when revealing aspects regarding the nature of our personal tactical projections is not wise. The potentials are so real that they cease to be academic and open to casual discussion. They demand serious preparation now and cautious operational security.
this iswise

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree with gen-n-pete, that the damage is done in the long run, maybe mittens buys us a few more years that we can prudently use to continue prepping, but weather we are going of the cliff at 60mph or 95mph, we are still going over. In the short run, I see the potential for some "occupy on meth" type protests. If they occur, I will stay in, won't go to work, and I will try to get my neighbors organized for block watch duties. At least half of them are armed, one other, well armed. Our best chance is to bug in.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am predicting that nothing will happen...nada...zilch. I always prepare for the worse and hope for the best though.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
My wife and I believe Obama will be a one-hit-wonder!...
As a neutral Brit, my outside perspective is that McCain was 10 years too old to be Pres and the American people thought so too, so by nominating him as candidate, the Reps practically handed victory to Obama on a plate.
Again, as a neutral Brit, my take on Obama is that he's performing about average so far but I didn't like hearing him say on TV a couple of years ago "Our aim is not to defeat the Taliban but to contain them and prevent them spreading their influence".
I'd have preferred to hear him saying something like "We're going to bust their asses bigtime."
At least he improved his image by getting Bin Laden on his watch.

PS- It's a pity Sarah Palin has apparently quit politics, maybe if she'd stuck around she'd have been Pres in a few years.
Here she is on the USS Stennis in 2009, you can see she's just itching to launch an airstrike on a moose herd"-

·
Registered
433 Posts
Poor old Sarah Palin...a moose would make a better president and be a lot smarter. Not saying I wouldn't do her, just that she is far from being a smart person.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Incidentally Mitt Romney is getting a lot of airtime on Brit TV but can we trust anybody with teeth as white as that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wolfrem68 - That's certainly a question to make all of us stop and consider, however, I will abstain from sharing my thoughts on those subjects. So convinced am I that this country could face incredible peril if/when Obama loses, I feel compelled to keep my expectations and anticipated responses to myself. I believe that we are now entering a time when revealing aspects regarding the nature of our personal tactical projections is not wise. The potentials are so real that they cease to be academic and open to casual discussion. They demand serious preparation now and cautious operational security.
Why do you believe the country could face incredible peril specifically if Obama loses?
(This is not meant as criticism, by any means. It is sincere interest.) What factors about Obama losing the election make it more likely for economic or societal turnmoil than if he wins?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dave - I'm not being rude, but I stated in the replay that you quoted, 'I will abstain from sharing my thoughts' and I intend to adhere to that statement and the reasons expressed.

We all form our beliefs and expectations based on the information we seek out and the degree of thought we apply to what we gather. If we don't see something, it's usually because we haven't looked or looked deeply enough. Perhaps we choose to ignore or not to draw conclusions from what is evident. Observe all of a man's actions (they don't lie), ignore all of his words (they usually do lie) and you will discern his intent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Incidentally Mitt Romney is getting a lot of airtime on Brit TV but can we trust anybody with teeth as white as that?
If they were a Brit, probably not.
America, though... probably. :D I actually quite like him, although I don't know much about US politics because every time I try and do a bit of research I see people squabbling and name-calling, he seems to be a nice enough person -- but what are his policies? I could be saying that and he goes against all my values... :D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Let's look at the main points of Obamas record as Pres so far-

1- He lost the disabled/handicapped vote early on in his Presidency when he made a cheap jibe about the Special Olympics on the Jay Leno show.
2- He nailed Bin Laden
3- The US national debt rocketed from 10.6 trillion dollars to 16 trill during his office.

Have i missed anything out? As a neutral Brit my take on him is that his popularity soared when he got Bin, but that's becoming ancient history now, and the people are becoming worried about his failure to check the slide of the national debt, and that's what could sink him at the next election, it all depends on whether they think Mitt Romney will be able to do a better job..

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
It's like this. I bet 100 bucks that if he's not elected, there will be riots. If he IS elected...there will be riots.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
"Gramps" McCain and sassy Sarah were a poor choice for the Reps to put up as candidates, so in that respect Obama had the presidency handed to him on a plate against no serious opposition.
At least he bounces up to the microphone with a spring in his step like Sammy Davis Jr, whereas Mac would have just shuffled up..;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
"Gramps" McCain and sassy Sarah were a poor choice for the Reps to put up as candidates, so in that respect Obama had the presidency handed to him on a plate against no serious opposition.
At least he bounces up to the microphone with a spring in his step like Sammy Davis Jr, whereas Mac would have just shuffled up..;)
Your right after 8 years of a nitwit for a president America would and did accept anyone for a president. Maybe we don't pay this job enough to get qualified applicants???

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Your right after 8 years of a nitwit for a president America would and did accept anyone for a president. Maybe we don't pay this job enough to get qualified applicants???
Since you brought George W Bush up, can any of you Americans tell me why a minority of you didn't seem to like him?
I mean, the majority voted him in for a second term so they must have liked him!
And his quotes seem alright to me-

"This is war. Somebody's gonna pay"
"Countries that harbor terrorists are as guilty as they are"
"Give us the terrorists or we'll come and get 'em"
"America will never seek a permission slip to defend herself"
"A soft line toward terror is not gonna happen on my watch"
"My job is to secure the homeland and thats exactly what i'm gonna do"
"We will not sit back and wait to be hit again"
"Iran must not be allowed to have nuclear weapons"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.