Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
15,629 Posts
The forum always slows down during the warmer months of the year and it is a holiday weekend. We also prefer quality of quantity.
Right on.
When you weed out the extemporaneous BS and stick to the purpose of this board, it only APPEARS to be dead.

Reactions: Luckyprincess

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Right on.
When you weed out the extemporaneous BS and stick to the purpose of this board, it only APPEARS to be dead.

extemporaneous from Webster... for those of you who never worked at nor learned lumber yard jibberish...

ex·tem·po·ra·ne·ous | \ (ˌ)ek-ˌstem-pə-ˈrā-nē-əs \
Definition of extemporaneous

1a(1): composed, performed, or uttered on the spur of the moment : IMPROMPTUan extemporaneous comment
(2): carefully prepared but delivered without notes or text
b: skilled at or given to extemporaneous utterance
c: happening suddenly and often unexpectedly and usually without clearly known causes or relationshipsa great deal of criminal and delinquent behavior is … extemporaneous— W. C. Reckless
2: provided, made, or put to use as an expedient : MAKESHIFTan extemporaneous shelter

Good Ole 'Boy Translation.... no fun, giggles, or intelligent humor allowed.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Dang, this place needs Al Czervik
Most people that were here now spend their time at the other place including you and me. That is why traffic slowed down here.

The other place is like a high speed bypass with few cops. This place has a lot of speed traps and cops looking to make a buck.

Really, the prepper part of this forum means that you should be prepared to be banned.

·
Administrator
15,629 Posts
Most people that were here now spend their time at the other place including you and me. That is why traffic slowed down here.

The other place is like a high speed bypass with few cops. This place has a lot of speed traps and cops looking to make a buck.

Really, the prepper part of this forum means that you should be prepared to be banned.
On any given day the number of members online at OTP and here are about the same.
At this very moment, there are 10 at OTP and 7 here.

Reactions: Slippy and Denton

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
On any given day the number of members online at OTP and here are about the same.
At this very moment, there are 10 at OTP and 7 here.
Sort of hard to compare a corporate-owned, fancy board with a small site that is a budget model owned by one man.

From what I'm hearing from other folks, all of the company's boards are being forced into PC BS. I think the reasoning is that, sure, a lot of people are going to walk, but others who know nothing about the past will show up and pick up the pace.
The boards and attitudes will be remade in their image.

I could certainly be wrong.

·
Administrator
15,629 Posts
Gunboards, of which I am a long time member, certainly didn't go PC during the refurb.
Nor did Marlin Owners, where I am a plank owner.
I haven't found one of theirs yet. And that includes at least 50 that I belong to.

Here we are simply enforcing rules that have always been in place. And for one reason or another had been forgotten.

·
Administrator
15,629 Posts
That’s about 50% higher traffic. That’s a landslide.
Now it is 13 for PF, and 5 for OTP.
As you can see, things change back and forth.

Reactions: Denton
1 - 20 of 65 Posts