Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor bought an @$$ load of 5.56 from Tulammo in the soviet tins. I was amazed at the quality of the tin because the ammo is crap. That got me to thinking... What else can be sealed in those tins? What is out there that comes pre-sealed like that? The ammo spam cans are a decent size, stackable and durable as all hell. What if we started putting stuff other than Ammo in those?

·
Super Moderator
9,041 Posts
I like the folding handles on the US and NATO ammo cans. Since the bottom of the cans is stamped to fit atop the handle below, they stack real nice. I toss a good sized silicone desiccant bag in each to help.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I like the folding handles on the US and NATO ammo cans. Since the bottom of the cans is stamped to fit atop the handle below, they stack real nice. I toss a good sized silicone desiccant bag in each to help.
That's what I would do, if I had any ammo left.

·
Super Moderator
9,041 Posts
I live close to Plano Mfr., the tackle box company. I'm able to go to the company store and frequently find some good buys. I've picked up quite a few of their plastic "ammo" boxes in .30 and .50 size. I won't store ammo in them, but I store my nuke detection gear, big 1st aid kit, empty mags, water filters, etc. Because they are plastic, I don't trust the tops. I feel that picking them up with ammo (heavy) will shift the lid enough to allow new air to get inside, defeating the purpose of the silicone desiccant bags I put in everyone of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts