Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you prefer cash with payment cards? For example, in such a situation as in the winter of 2021 in Texas, when, because of the weather there were local problems with electricity and possibly with communication between banks. But I heard that paper money is more than $ 50 do not like in America.

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
Do you prefer cash with payment cards? For example, in such a situation as in the winter of 2021 in Texas, when, because of the weather there were local problems with electricity and possibly with communication between banks. But I heard that paper money is more than $ 50 do not like in America.
I PREFER to use cash as much as possible. ...IF/WHEN a Grid-Down situation were to happen and we are still able to drive a vehicle to a nearby store, our plan is to take cash and buy any extras that we might need. So yes, we keep some extra cash on hand Just In Case.

However, using cash is becoming increasingly difficult in the US.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Cash. Period. If a business won't take cash, I shop elsewhere. The bills still say "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private." Refusing cash is refusing the offer of legal payment.

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
While I use CC 99% of the time, due to 5% kick backs, I have a little cash tucked away for a SHTF crisis. Besides, you can always use paper money for toilet paper when cash loses its value.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use the card all the time but keep a cash reserve. My problem would be that a lot of the clerks won‘t be able to count my change unless I go to 7-11.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I keep a cash reserve in small bills in the safe. In a long term event cash will be useless but in the days right after you may be able to pick up some last minute items or top off. That is if you can find a cashier that knows how to count back change without looking at the computer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
However, using cash is becoming increasingly difficult in the US.
It looks like we want to introduce the experience of the Chinese with the digital yuan.
Part of the Plandemic is to get people not to use dirty germ ridden cash.
Our bankers are constantly trying to convince everyone of this.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
CYA..thats my motto. We keep at least $1,000 in a safe for emergencies. We also have about $400 in my gun safe for "Charity needs"

We also have Silver coins and silver bullion.

in the event that stores are down and can not reach banks... know where a family owned store, Amish place, or other shops that are owned by LOCAL PEOPLE are at

I was in a family owned store a few years ago. The man waiting on me was the son of the owner. I was buying a couple of things. I said would you take a silver dollar? -he stood there thinking for a second and said "Yes, and I would give you change back from it."
that would NEVER happen at walmart

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
Same with the BS coin shortage - round it up bitch, not down!!!
What happened to that Coin Shortage Scam?

My Rule of Thumb was;
If the clerk ASKED me to give to the coin shortage cause I said NO.
If they didn't ask and I felt like I got good service, I told them to keep the change as a TIP.

·
Banned
647 Posts
I’d make change for you at it’s face value. Just like Walmart would do. Maybe he was thinking the same thing. ✌😉

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Keep your emergency stash in $10s and $20s. In a SHTF scenario, the last thing you want to do is flash big bills around.
I use $50’s as my standard and I use $100 too: because a $20 ain’t what it used to be, and neither is a $50 or a $100.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts