Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what you all prep for? whether it be for a war, e.m.p, economic downfall, etc..? or else do you just prep for the unknown?

As for me and my wife we prep for the government enforcing martial law and general take over.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Good question, I consider myself a "Lite-prepper" I try to plan for not the end of the world type thing, but just for harder times ahead. I store enough food and other stuff, that would give me and my family a fighting chance in a non-forseen event.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well id say short of a nuke being dropped on my house, i'm prepping for all the major event's i can think of.

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
I do a risk assessment that takes into consideration likelihood and impact. I plan from there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I store enough food and other stuff, that would give me and my family a fighting chance in a non-forseen event.
im lucky were Im building there are apple trees, black berry's galore, pear trees, blue berry bushes, along with deer that walk my property all the time. food wont be an issue for us....but I still want to store/can/dehydrate as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Y2K. I heard it's going to be bad. :)
We actually have a Y2K Compliant computer at work. It's still working for the menial task it performs. Windows 1895 just may be EMP proof.

I have lived my life in Condition Yellow for so long it's the only way I know how to live. I don't plan on any one certain thing, but when the time comes to go to Orange, I will have the necessary resources to hopefully insulate my family.

Red is another topic all together.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
1). Having suffered a personal economic depression I now prepare for one beyond my person that would hurt my loved ones and not just me.

2). I admit, I fear the day the world tires of the US experiment and attepts to put us out of our misery. Russia /China EMP us from a series of ships assigned to North Korea, Iran, and Venezuela. Our last military gasp is nuking those three into oblivion. China in 6 months sends peace keepers to help the 15% survivors here grow them food cause Chines people are going to get hungry. Take out 250 million Americans, stop our silly pay not to farm crap, and our ole nation will probably feed a billion Chinese folks.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
My preps are for short term weather/geologic events, loss of electricity or water. Stuff like that. Not a doomer by any means. Though I am worried about the seemingly specific direction our government is taking and the freely handed out accusations of being labeled an extremist/terrorist/anti-government etc. because I do not eat, sleep, breathe and blindly follow the all encompassing and reverent words of his majesty Obama and the misfits commonly referred to as his "administration".

I am really worried that Broom-Hillary may actually have a shot at the White House, but I suspect Obama will have wrapped up his version of the Final Solution before then and we'll all be in FEMA Camps, standing in bread lines or dead. So I guess it doesn't matter any way you look at it.

Reactions: jimb1972 and Deebo

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I prep for "worse times than now"...
I feel it is the same as I grew up, put a little back whenever you can. Way back when-39 years- people wouldn't freak out about no electricity, or no "city water" coming out of the pipes..

·
Registered
39 Posts
There will be a breakdown of society in our lifetime. Unless anything happens sooner, In the year 2040, when we hit peak oil, I see no way of the world avoiding WWIII.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
"Firepower or penetration?" :) I think that is a photo of Mrs Inor and me. One of the truly great cinematic events! - Next to Sharknado of course.
I really need to get the DVD version. My VHS copy is all used up!

Sharknado II, it's coming.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts