Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friends,

everything is not perfect in everyone's world. so, if u want any kind of change then what the change will be ...........?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would like to be more fit and to be a bit better off financially; about as much as is currently being extracted from my salary for taxes that support programs I will never be able to college t from would be about right. I am neither greedy nor a slug, but those two things would make my life radically better.

Fit I am working on, but with age that is an uphill battle. The rest, sadly, is going to take a new Declaration of Independence.

If the sky is the limit, I would love to return to high school knowing just 5 or 6 things I know now. I would likely own an island retreat.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The world as we know it. I'd like a redo. To go back to a simpler existence without big government and massive technology controlling our very lives.

Or if some nice aliens could give me a lift to a new planet like this, I'd appreciate it. I'll want to bring my Telecaster, tube amp and M1A of course.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Maybe the time of day I wake up other than that life is good. Been a long road getting here I like this spot.
Like others I wish Obama and his crew would move to the other side of the world.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I am in the process of changing my physical limitations. Eight years ago I was rear-ended by an uninsured motorist driving another person's car while I sat in mine at a stop light. Three disks in my neck were damaged and the disk between my tailbone and spine. I lost the use of my right arm, and right lung as a result of the accident. I've been through two surgeries in the last year to provide some extra room for the nerves that were damaged. I have my right arm back and I am strengthening it and the last surgery gave me the use of my right lung back it may take a while to get the full use of it back but it is getting better.

I have gone through tremendous pain, prescribed drugs that, well were either not enough or were too much and the doctors put me on methadone to make the pain tollerable. The problem with methadone is that it takes three days for any change in dosage to actually take effect so I couldn't manage it. Some days it was OK, while other times it was way too much and still had times when it wasn't enough. After three years of it I took myself off the methadone - slowly over a period of three months tapering off the drug. I talked it over with my doctor and chose to use Tylenol Codeine - I didn't want the Vicodin that she suggested because I wanted to be able to manage the drug as I needed it for pain. we started with #4 and when I got tired of cutting pills in half I switched to #3. I have been doing my own physical therapy to regain the lost strength and to strengthen my back. I am 62 and getting stronger all the time but I still have a ways to go before I am back to walking like I used to.

My changes are coming along fine - they are the only things I have the power to change. I don't waste my time trying to change the world as it will go along as it will. By concentrating on me, and the changes I need for me, my world will be better for me.

Reactions: Deebo

·
Registered
938 Posts
Possible spammer jammer here too, fellas - I will report the post.

I may be wrong, or I may be saving your computer....

Don't click on the link! Pretty sure it is not for "designer scarves" - as if....

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Four out of this gentlemans five posts are questions? Granted, he is not asking brainblowing questions like "any one know how to make a rifle go full auto, but seems a little wierd to me..I would change....um......the channel, with my mind....HAHA

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I think it's easy to look back and say I'd change this, I'd do this, or not do that, but then, isn't all those twists and turns, mistakes and all, how we got to where we are? And whose to say, take a mistake or two away, and the end result, would put us in a better place than where we find ourselves now?
I made mistakes, but they are mine, warts and all. I'll keep them, cause isn't that really how life is meant to play out?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
As a prepper or survivalist...one knows (or should) that nature rarely lets a mistake slide. Just saying...do overs are a rare commodity.

Unlike windows 8 which is chock full of do overs...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts