Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
You really are not serious are you? no one knows the day. If anyone did, they could make millions with that insider information. Churches would be full the day before with everyone getting religion at the last minute. Don't wait, this isn't a crisis management forum, its a preparedness forum. Sorry to be so hard on you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think he's getting at what day the mayan calander predicts it to end...and I think they say 12/12/2012 something like that not totally sure though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
People are so funny. The Mayan long count calendar ends on 12-21-12. It never says anything about the end of the world. Even if it did no one would listen anyway. People are to materialistic to believe in anything but what they can touch and buy. It is already to late for us anyway and I wish harm on no one but this Earth needs a really good cleansing and that would mean a lot of us would have to make that sacrifice with our lives. Look at our consumption of fossil fuels our use of plastics our support and use of pharmaceuticals it is all killing our planet and everyone acts like oh well we can buy another one. Well Wake The F Up we can't.

·
Registered
433 Posts
RuDown said:
People are so funny. The Mayan long count calendar ends on 12-21-12. It never says anything about the end of the world. Even if it did no one would listen anyway. People are to materialistic to believe in anything but what they can touch and buy. It is already to late for us anyway and I wish harm on no one but this Earth needs a really good cleansing and that would mean a lot of us would have to make that sacrifice with our lives. Look at our consumption of fossil fuels our use of plastics our support and use of pharmaceuticals it is all killing our planet and everyone acts like oh well we can buy another one. Well Wake The F Up we can't.
People never stop to consider the fact that when you add in Leap Years the Mayan calendar would had ended several 100 years ago since they did not have that extra day figured into their counts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Gregorian Calendar year has an average length of approximately 365.2425 days. The Gregorian calculation for a year is ((400 * 365) + 100 - 3 = 146,097) / 400 = 365.2425

The Mayan Calendar year comparison has an average length of approximately 365.2420 days. The Mayan calculation for a solar year is divided by 5,124 year periods which give the calendar the increased accuracy.

The variation for the Gregorian calendar is .0003. The variation for the Mayan Calendar is .0002. Small numbers until you start working with periods of time greater than 100,000 years or so.

how ever whoever translated the dates from mayan to gregorian would have obviously accounted for leap years and arrived at Dec 21 2012?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea I will be interested to see how this date plays out. I dont believe it will be the end of times but I do believe this date is very important. These people were not stupid by far just look at their structures. Did they have alien help? Maybe. People want to rule it out because the bible don't mention it but the new world religion is the not the original rule of god. I'm sorry if it offends any of the religious people here but you are being lied to and I'm sorry that you allow yourself to be mislead like that. Anyway sorry to get off subject if that date does bring some kind of chaos to the world thats why we are prepping right? to be ready for a shtf scenario.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.