Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These scrapes are all on the same type of tree. Not sure what kind of tree but they have a slick bark.
At first I thought it was deer scrapes but some of them are in thickets with so many briers and vines I dont think a deer could get his antlers in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Hey, this is simple!

You showed us two trees, but only one of them had a scrape! Let's see now, what type of an animal scrapes one tree and not the other?

I'm betting it's a unicorn. And let me tell you, I have been all over this frikken planet trying to find a unicorn for our favorite "female moderator" if you catch my drift.

Well, there's the St. Bernard fiasco. Sure, our girl rode the dog, but then she used the spurs, the dog raced off, he caught an on-ramp and they found every survivor in Juarez.

I'm a bit off my feed over this. Oy, vey. You don't think she got her old chaps out, do you?

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
Yep. They like to try to get to my 3 apple trees all of the time. Beaver just starting to work?
We just had to thin the cottontail at my son inlaws they are stripping all young tender trees. We had a good hunt and bagged 4 in less than and hour with no dogs.

·
Super Moderator
8,603 Posts
It's been happening here a lot. They found out it was squirrels. So you can add those to the list.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have this dad-blamed cottontail in our yard, I usually live trap them and take them to more country that we are. This one I have let linger a while. With this cold front that came through I stopped and bought some bird feed for the birds and notice the rabbit watching them from a distance get a free meal. I went to the farm store and bought the little booger some rabbit pellets. :vs_sad:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
@LetsGo,
I have squirrels in the trees in front of my house, and I feed them peanut butter and peanuts. I feel sorry for them and I help them.

Reactions: LetsGo

·
Super Moderator
9,719 Posts
Squatches eat bark (good source of fiber) but we tend to go higher up so you can rule us out.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I have this dad-blamed cottontail in our yard, I usually live trap them and take them to more country that we are. This one I have let linger a while. With this cold front that came through I stopped and bought some bird feed for the birds and notice the rabbit watching them from a distance get a free meal. I went to the farm store and bought the little booger some rabbit pellets. :vs_sad:
Good for you!

·
Administrator
14,690 Posts
Mornin’ Robie.
Glad you could make it.

Reactions: Robie

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Mornin’ Robie.
Glad you could make it.

It's the same format that was used to replace an old style at another forum I frequent (way too much).
A few pissed and moaned but most agree after using it for a day or two that it is much easier to navigate and use.

Glad to be here!

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey, this is simple!

You showed us two trees, but only one of them had a scrape! Let's see now, what type of an animal scrapes one tree and not the other?

I'm betting it's a unicorn. And let me tell you, I have been all over this frikken planet trying to find a unicorn for our favorite "female moderator" if you catch my drift.

Well, there's the St. Bernard fiasco. Sure, our girl rode the dog, but then she used the spurs, the dog raced off, he caught an on-ramp and they found every survivor in Juarez.

I'm a bit off my feed over this. Oy, vey. You don't think she got her old chaps out, do you?
Did someone mention Unicorns?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts