Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into pants, winter is easy, pretty much have that sorted, spring to fall on the other hand, not so much.
It rains here often, but it can also push 100° the next day so DRW and wicking fabrics are what I'm looking into and no cotton.
Not looking for uber high tech with the price tag, nore convertible, just lightweight low key tech cargo pants that will work thru the spring and fall rain and decent in the summer heat.

So what's everyone packing, Columbia, REI, North Face, IX9, CQR, Free Soldier...

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I bought a pair of the insanely overpriced Fjallraven trousers.

I really can't say they are worth the money but, they are comfortable and bullet proof...metaphorically speaking.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a pair of the insanely overpriced Fjallraven trousers.

I really can't say they are worth the money but, they are comfortable and bullet proof...metaphorically speaking.
Wow, yea those are pricey

I have several pairs of "Propper" brand and I have been very happy with them! Have a pair on now
I think they're great and were priced good!

https://tacticalgear.com/propper-pa...0-ctz1Wm8fFbtfCQoBG7Mn7oDjhTSHdRoCZ00QAvD_BwE
Some good possibilities there.

I feel like this is not a good time to mention that I am a nudist......
Now where did I put that 10' pole

Not big on the convertables for the same reason OSHA won't let me wear shorts on the job site, still look like they may have something for me.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I never wear pants when I am at the computer. :tango_face_grin: I be going free style. :vs_rocking_banana:

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,077 Posts
I found an excellent brand of pants while at the local Sam's Club recently. They are a twill fabric with a bit of stretch in them, flexible waistband, and a 5th pocket just above the knee on the right outseam, large enough to hold a cell phone, or maybe a blowout kit. (been thinking of trying that lately)
They aren't covered in huge flaps or saggy pockets, but are very durable and claim to be "weatherproof". (The brand is also "Weather Proof", so it's a bit redundant.)

I've since bought 3 more pair. I now prefer them over jeans.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/weath...ty-pant-durable-stretch-twill/prod21365196.ip

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Best pants made...Cool for summer...warm for winter with the fleece lined....Not too overly expensive but they last forever! The Firehose Work pants rock!
https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/pants/
I used to be the Duluth poster boy, I'd go to work and the only thing I was wearing that wasn't from them was my boots, stock and underwear. But they have gotten a bit pricey in recent years with TV ads and brick and mortar stores, but I still buy there ballroom carpenter [email protected] $39 now $59, toughest jeans I've ever worn.
I tried a pair of the firehose carpenter pants years ago, they failed at the cargo pocket in short order. Back then I called them about it, they refunded my money and sent a box with a return label, it's not quite like that any more.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been poking around Propper, they do have a wide range of styles and functionality, as well as reasonable prices.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have a few pairs of Propper pants. They came out with the stretchy ones soon after I bought my first two pair of non-stretchy ones. If you get them, get the stretchy, makes all the difference in the world. I love them by the way.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
I like the old style GI BDU pants with the button fly/pockets. The new ones not so much.

The old style North Face packable pants (light weight nylon), and Tibetian hiking pants (cordura) were also good.

I stocked up on all 3 and have yet to use up my stash.

For real cold weather winter the old west German GI issue wool pants.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts