Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

What Are Your Favorite Movies?

3K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  MisterMills357 
#1 · (Edited)
Right now I watching Steven Seagal and DMX in Exit Wounds, and the movie is slowly growing in my estimations. When I first got it, I liked it but it was so-so, now I like it more every time that I watch it.

This morning I broke out My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn & Rex Harrison, and I’ll take that up later. Since it’s been growing on me too.

#4 ·
The Green Mile, An Affair to Remember, Sargent York, Good Fellas, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Shawshank Redemption, Godfather et al, The Fugitive, Shindler's List, Dances with Wolves, Patton, My Fair Lady. Those are the ones that came to mind first. They are in no particular order.

#6 ·
I watched The Godfather in a theatre when it first came out, and it was a hard hitter. If I find a DVD of it I will get it.
I have Schindler’s List, and The Fugitive, and Dances with Wolves, et al. I have a load of VHS and DVD’s.

Reactions: Auntie
#9 · (Edited)
More to follow but for right now....

Tombstone
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Gladiator
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Dances With Wolves

A Man Called Horse
Das Boot

Anything Denzel Washington is in.

Reactions: MisterMills357
#10 ·
My favorites are B&W 1930's and 1940's gangster and crime movies.
Any Jimmy Cagney movies, from Public Enemy to Yankee Doodle Dandy.
Any Humphrey Bogart movie.
Any pre-1960 John Wayne movie.

#11 ·
i am currently 27 minutes into The Longest Day, on You Tube (free with ads).
Ike is almost ready to make the decision to "go".
So, I'm going too - back to the movie.

#17 ·
Tremors, have watched it about a dozen times,
To Live,
Second Hand Lions.
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.
Red Firecracker Green Firecracker.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre ,
Finding Nemo.
The Blues Brothers,
The Fastest Indian.
Saving Private Ryan.

I am sure there are more but I didn't have a TV for several decades so never have watched it much. I am going check out some on these lists.

Reactions: Folklore
#31 · (Edited)
I wish that I had been there, I seem to be removed out of my proper time, but I know that I am not.

But life has been melancholy. My old unit went to kill Al Qaeda without me, and that’s a bummer.

My TS background clearance fell apart, and then the really bad news came, I had diabetes. So, that was that.

I had been out 4 years when the Al Quaida rammed the towers. So, I missed it by a lot, in years. They activated my unit, within a week, and attached them to 5th Group. My unit trained for about a year, then they went over and killed Al Quaida and Taliban.

Reactions: Any Beastie
#27 · (Edited)
I love Pride and Prejudice, and Jane Eyre, those movies and the books, they cross over into the world of guys.
There are commonalities between people, between the sexes and the races, and all of humanity.

I am sure that those two works are read, and watched all over the world, by men and women.
But it takes a brave man to admit it, even in today’s crazy America. I am too bold for my own good at times.

Dances With Wolves shocked me with its excellence, and I have a copy on VHS. It is a favorite of mine.
PS: I read Jane Eyre and I still have my copy of the book.🦉🦉🦉 I am a wise owl, in some ways.

Reactions: Folklore
#41 · (Edited)
Yes, I know: and I am under no illusions here lady; because my mom could be a white lion.
She had a scary part inside of her, and she passed it on.🤓 The girl was off her rocker sometimes, when she was red hot angry. The Asian tiger moms may be the worst offenders, but I saw my mom get it gear a few times.

The Asian fathers and mothers, just drive their kids into the ground; and they need to knock it off. Everybody needs to bloody grow up, and act like the have some sense. And be good neighbors, and good to one another.

PS: I went back to the Black section of town yesterday, way down there, where its kind of worn out.
Oddly there aren’t any no-go areas here, but there are dumpy spots, and I was in one for a bit.

It was a plaza that is rundown, some black 5 year old male child gaped at me, as if I were a Martian. He was with his grandmother, and I don’t see much hope for him. He is doomed to fail: I would bet that his grandma could not name the states, or the continents, or the planets. She couldn’t define a planet in my estimation.

Reactions: Annie
#42 ·
I am watching My Favorite Brunette with Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour, and it has some hilarious scenes.
Like the one where Bob Hope grabs the nurse, and she flips him onto the bed, and commences to pounding him.
Then Miss Lamour uses a steel dinner tray to knock the nurse out. It’s funny.😋

Reactions: Michael_Js
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.