Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I didn't have a TV for several decades so never have watched it much
I do not use TVs for more than 20 years. Previously, we sometimes went to the cinema, and now mostly the Internet.

Remembered something else:
  • A Beautiful Mind (2001)
  • Insignificance (1985)
  • Infinity (1996)
  • Good Will Hunting (1997)

• Falling Down (1993)
  • Inglourious Basterds (2009)
  • The Guard (2011)

I personally will be interested to look at the "Top Gun: Maverick".
If it is released this year. I hope that Tom Cruise will show the film will be at the level of "American Made".
The first "Top Gun" was, of course, cult, but at times a lot of pathos and too sweet.
I hope they invited good aviation experts who will not allow large technical nonsense.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I do not use TVs for more than 20 years. Previously, we sometimes went to the cinema, and now mostly the Internet.

Remembered something else:
  • A Beautiful Mind (2001)
  • Insignificance (1985)
  • Infinity (1996)
  • Good Will Hunting (1997)

• Falling Down (1993)
  • Inglourious Basterds (2009)
  • The Guard (2011)

I personally will be interested to look at the "Top Gun: Maverick".
If it is released this year. I hope that Tom Cruise will show the film will be at the level of "American Made".
The first "Top Gun" was, of course, cult, but at times a lot of pathos and too sweet.
I hope they invited good aviation experts who will not allow large technical nonsense.
We have a tv now because my kids moved back briefly to save for a house and when they left they left the TV. I don't have cable but can watch youtube movies and Tubi, all the free stuff. Good enough. Mostly we watch music videos and videos on mead and medicinal herbs. It hasn't been on for a couple of days now that it is nice and when it breaks we don't plan on replacing it.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,580 Posts
Too many to mention. I just saw "Saving Private Ryan" for the first time a couple weeks ago. That was an amazing flick.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
We were Soldiers
...cause I was an extra in the bush

The Rock
....cause I was a hostage extra on the Rock and Sean Connery was a cool guy to meet and treated everyone really well. So did Gibson by the way on WWS.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Love Dances with Wolves, but haven't seen it in forever. Also a sucker for Pride and Prejudice. Hey, I can't help it. Its just a girl thing.
I love Pride and Prejudice, and Jane Eyre, those movies and the books, they cross over into the world of guys.
There are commonalities between people, between the sexes and the races, and all of humanity.

I am sure that those two works are read, and watched all over the world, by men and women.
But it takes a brave man to admit it, even in today’s crazy America. I am too bold for my own good at times.

Dances With Wolves shocked me with its excellence, and I have a copy on VHS. It is a favorite of mine.
PS: I read Jane Eyre and I still have my copy of the book.🦉🦉🦉 I am a wise owl, in some ways.

Reactions: Folklore

·
Registered
321 Posts
PS: I read Jane Eyre and I still have my copy of the book.🦉🦉🦉 I am a wise owl, in some ways.
I also believe that it is a book more about human nature than one of the sexes or another and would interest everyone. It's truly excellent and much funnier and of higher quality than anything written today in a similar genre. I read a quote from Don Miller that didn't impact my view but did awaken me to the fact that some people think its a book of "girldom" whatever the hell that means.
Luckily I still have my Jane Eyre copy and my Pride and Prejudice copy, and every other copy of every book I've ever enjoyed because those are all the books my kiddos can read this year as our nanny state libraries are such a hassle these days. Not to mention they have very few books of quality that aren't shoving liberal BS down their throats.
I have to admit to being a bookworm and overindulging the habit. More books than food in storage... is paper edible?

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Too many to mention. I just saw "Saving Private Ryan" for the first time a couple weeks ago. That was an amazing flick.
I wish that I had been there, I seem to be removed out of my proper time, but I know that I am not.

But life has been melancholy. My old unit went to kill Al Qaeda without me, and that’s a bummer.

My TS background clearance fell apart, and then the really bad news came, I had diabetes. So, that was that.

I had been out 4 years when the Al Quaida rammed the towers. So, I missed it by a lot, in years. They activated my unit, within a week, and attached them to 5th Group. My unit trained for about a year, then they went over and killed Al Quaida and Taliban.

Reactions: Any Beastie

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Well, well, well... Guy will read Jane Eyre again?
Yes, I still have the book, I may re-read it: or get a copy of Pride And Prejudice, I have the movie, and it’s great.

I love the little owl, I will bet that I know what he is thinking.

He’s thinking, “Ya know, when I got up this morning, I thought, a mouse would be nice for breakfast”.

“I don’t know what the Hell happened: I nibbled on some bacon bits, I passed out, and here I am.”

“Some kind of nature freak has kidnapped me.”

·
Registered
159 Posts
I love the little owl, I will bet that I know what he is thinking.
He’s thinking, “Ya know, when I got up this morning, I thought, a mouse would be nice for breakfast”.
“I don’t know what the Hell happened: I nibbled on some bacon bits, I passed out, and here I am.”
“Some kind of nature freak has kidnapped me.”
Several of my friends suffered from such "nature freaks" who were girls.
At first they caught guys. Then they put wedding rings on their paws.
Now they live in captivity and are trained in different tricks.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Several of my friends suffered from such "nature freaks" who were girls.
At first they caught guys. Then they put wedding rings on their paws.
Now they live in captivity and are trained in different tricks.
To much truth telling here a bouts, you’re gonna scare the guys.

Reactions: Any Beastie

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,580 Posts
I wish that I had been there, I seem to be removed out of my proper time, but I know that I am not.

But life has been melancholy. My old unit went to kill Al Qaeda without me, and that’s a bummer.

My TS background clearance fell apart, and then the really bad news came, I had diabetes. So, that was that.

I had been out 4 years when the Al Quaida rammed the towers. So, I missed it by a lot, in years. They activated my unit, within a week, and attached them to 5th Group. My unit trained for about a year, then they went over and killed Al Quaida and Taliban.
Thank you for your service. We take what we get, right? Often we don't get to choose.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Thank you for your service. We take what we get, right? Often we don't get to choose.
Thank you, my life in the Active Army & Army National Guard, were some of the best times of my life.

My life has taken a lot of odd turns: I loved being Airborne Special Forces [ 19th SFG(A) ] but that didn’t make me a man, and leaving it did not undo me as a man. I make me a man, and I am in the midst of being the best one that I can be.

I have begun a habit of frequenting Oriental places, and of walking/biking through Black sections of town.
I am letting my White face be seen, because I ain’t having this business of people being attacked (Oriental) or just left to rot (Black).

There are plenty ways of to be brave, ya just gotta look for them.

I have been on a wild ride during my life, and it made me into a regular Apache in ways. I wear a small fixed blade Shrade Old Timer now, on a chest pouch, it looks like a ChiCom ammo pouch. Anyway it holds a few things, it’s camo, and I like it. Anyone that doesn't like it can eat a bug, I can’t stand most of em anyway.🗡🗡🗡

Reactions: Annie

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,580 Posts
Thank you, my life in the Active Army & Army National Guard, were some of the best times of my life.

My life has taken a lot of odd turns: I loved being Airborne Special Forces [ 19th SFG(A) ] but that didn’t make me a man, and leaving it did not undo me as a man. I make me a man, and I am in the midst of being the best one that I can be.

I have begun a habit of frequenting Oriental places, and of walking/biking through Black sections of town.
I am letting my White face be seen, because I ain’t having this business of people being attacked (Oriental) or just left to rot (Black).

There are plenty ways of to be brave, ya just gotta look for them.

I have been on a wild ride during my life, and it made me into a regular Apache in ways. I wear a small fixed blade Shrade Old Timer now, on a chest pouch, it looks like a ChiCom ammo pouch. Anyway it holds a few things, it’s camo, and I like it. Anyone that doesn't like it can eat a bug, I can’t stand most of em anyway.🗡🗡🗡
Just watch your back in those ethnic neighborhoods.. You've got nothing to prove there.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'll put up a few -

The Dead Zone
The Blue Max
The Caine Mutiny
Three Days of the Condor
The Amateur
Target
Dr Strangelove
Diamonds are Forever
By Dawns early Light
Apollo 13
Psycho
The Dirty Dozen
Birds of Prey

Just a few of many of my favs.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Just watch your back in those ethnic neighborhoods.. You've got nothing to prove there.
My sister said the same thing, that maybe I go around trying to prove something (presumably my manhood): but in all honesty, I go there to show my white face, to show people that I am not better somehow.

I will probably go back soon to the Black section of town; and I will look for that beaten down soul, that needs $10, to go to the fish/hamburger/chicken place.

I go into Pinellas Park too, where there are a load of SE Asians: I got some eats last Sunday, from an Asiatic guy, and then sat down to eat. Half of the folks there were Asiatic, and I eat to live just like they do.

PS: I love being me, I am utterly insane, but in a fatherly loving way. I wore that same get up into the Asian supermarket, where I got one of their deli to go plates. And I sat down and chowed down on that, until I nearly busted.

It was all during one trip to Pinellas Park. I admire the Asians because they try so hard, and are excellent people.

(They try too hard and they need to ease off of the accelerator . Not everyones kid needs to attend Stanford or Princeton; and not every grown up needs to prove how they are the proper adult. Jesus, they need to learn to go camping.)

Reactions: Annie

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,580 Posts
Watch out for those asian tiger moms. Worse than helicopter moms.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts