Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

What Event Will Cause TEOTWAWKI?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I mean a slow dissolution where life becomes progressively harder, less rewarding.

Well, RedSky, your post got me thinking. Lots of people view "the end of days" in one large, dynamic social loss. Even at my age I never thought that "change" would be anything else but one act of total destruction. But then, I looked at my own changes--a new knife here, more ammunition there--and it was clear my movements were in "the slow" category, as well.

Where it really stuck for me was just watching my wife drive away to check on her mother and maybe stop for gas. Something 'clicked' for me and I found that rambling around a huge house with no positive, alternative opinions on actions had nothing to do with cases of wooden matches, reloading materials and knives to sharpen. Knowledge and "balance" is needed human trait.

Think of the circumstances for yourself. The last of the marauders are dead or have moved across the state, you have untold gallons of pure water, boxes of perfect stainless nails, sharp knives that never rust and ammunition with little or no logical use. In other words, you are an adult and you still want your "mommy.' Oh, you can rebuild a firearm in your sleep but you cannot get a grip on your own realizations.

I thought again about your comment on slow dissolution. An empty room, no voices except for your own, and a metric ton of dried food you might never live to eat. Your position really hit me!

·
Registered
Grind down,economic collapse and food shortage
19 Posts
Old post, but looks like we’re about to experience “all of the above”.
It's very good chance you could see all the above but mine is on same track grid down is top because it can cause all the above no power means no water means supply chain goes down,no sewer .people wont work ,people die in hospitals and retirement homes people on deyalsst machines and people that critical life saving medicines.and like you said all tu he above is happening now just x by 100.i try and I think lot of people on here try to but no one isnt totally ready or will ever be

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's very good chance you could see all the above but mine is on same track grid down is top because it can cause all the above no power means no water means supply chain goes down,no sewer .people wont work ,people die in hospitals and retirement homes people on deyalsst machines and people that critical life saving medicines.and like you said all tu he above is happening now just x by 100.i try and I think lot of people on here try to but no one isnt totally ready or will ever be
IMHO: Unless you already live TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY off grid on your own land that’s completely paid for and have a substantial buffer around you, one is never completely ready for what’s to come. I’ve been preparing for years and am nowhere close to where I want to be. There’s an abundance of projects to always work on.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts