Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

· Registered
21,643 Posts
Due to upcoming election . I am preparing for the redefining of the second Amendment . Not much can stop it now outside we have 2 years of freedom left.

· Registered
272 Posts
Ya'll need to stop talking about catfish... There is one place near me that does "ok" catfish, but nothing like back home. :vs_sob:

Reactions: 1895gunner

· Registered
16 Posts
Anything Can Happen

Anything can happen in today's world and I think it is important to be prepared for most situations. Most prep can be applied to any situations that arise. You cannot predict what the future holds but in my opinion it is ALWAYS better to have a plan and be prepared instead of trying to scramble when something does come up. Households should have the basics at least: Food, medical supplies, firearms for protection and a game plan. Simple things that you can do beforehand could make a huge difference if any situation arises. Just like the old saying goes....It's better to be safe than sorry.

Matt
[link removed]

· Registered
3,514 Posts
I started when Andrew hit south fla. we lost everything " house , boat , car " the only thing we had was my truck , the clothes we had on , some cash , lock box with important papers , that's why we move back to NC to start over , that's when my prepping started " a little at a time , as time goes on I started stocking up on thing more as the money let us to do so .

· Registered
6,223 Posts
Well, I'm glad I got back on the forum chatter today, as you know I am a hypochondriac. Yeah, it's a strange fear for a biker, but then, you should come to my crib and watch me examine my mouth with flashlight!

About 30 minutes ago I got off the telephone with a nurse from my local clinic--oddly, the clinic is so close I can walk to it. She has lots of experience with me, and will spend 30 to 45 minutes getting me under control. Today 'fear' was that the left side of my throat "bulged" out. For guys like me, we already see the surgeon in our nightmares.

Now, what are my symptoms? Strangely, nothing --nothing at all. I've been eating, drinking, talking and even swallowing nasal drainage without a passing shrug. It's like I tell all of those nay-sayers who think we should be locked up, perhaps you haven't felt the fear just yet.

Here's an example, I "know" that the human body is not symmetrical. Even weight lifting makes you dominant bicep bigger than you more dormant arm. And while I "know" this, the knowledge just won't curtail panic; your fears and even a somewhat near "two day old wait" for an appointment can require meds.

Everyone is afraid of something. Yes, I've been operated upon, woke up like it was a spring morning. But when you find some body part that wasn't 'shaped' exactly right, the fear can climb.

I'm thinking of starting a hypochondria group, like MADD or for people with chronic pain. For me, it's the spooky thing, and trust me, bikers can get scared, too.

· Registered
24 Posts
Anything that can go wrong. I mostly began prepping for nuclear war, however my other reasons include The Great Tribulation, economic collapse, job loss and natural disasters.

· Registered
2,259 Posts
And the Fifth seal shall be broken and thou shalt see a jackass in a chariot with a team of a senile old fool a kackling jackalette, a dried up west coast mackerel snapper non binary non male person and a lying pencil neck twerp. Ye shall be forced to listen to their racket until all of America comes to their senses. And ye shall live on that clear bubble up and that rainbow stew for the rest of your days

· Registered
24 Posts
And the Fifth seal shall be broken and thou shalt see a jackass in a chariot with a team of a senile old fool a kackling jackalette, a dried up west coast mackerel snapper non binary non male person and a lying pencil neck twerp. Ye shall be forced to listen to their racket until all of America comes to their senses. And ye shall live on that clear bubble up and that rainbow stew for the rest of your days
You'll never get your point across by mockery. Just makes you look foolish.

Reactions: NMPRN

· Registered
Natural Disasters/Weather, Economic Collapse, World War
5 Posts
I'm prepping for the Zombie Apocalypse. Just kidding!
I'm actually prepping for Natural disasters/Weather, When I lived down south we had to worry about hurricanes, tornadoes and flooding, now that I live up north Snow Storms/Blizzards seem to be more of an issue.
Also Prepping for an Economic collapse, with the way this country is going all the political garbage happening, inflation and everything else. I feel another "Great Depression" could be upon us in the future. Last but not least I'm Prepping for a potential WW3 scenario, especially now with this Russia-Ukraine conflict, North Korea making daily threats and all the happenings over in the Middle East. Plus watching 9/11 happen on the news when I was a young kid. It's only a matter of time before some country makes us a target again.

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm mostly looking at a long term power grid failure or some sort of civil unrest. I'm not worried about extreme winter weather. This is Iowa, we get that every year. But if the power goes out, in the middle of a really frigid spell, that could be seriously catastrophic. Summer storms and tornadoes aren't that big a deal. Those happen every year, so we're used to them. As far as civil unrest goes, I belong to a group and we have a rally point way out in the boondocks. The closest town is 25 miles away and that's all on gravel roads. It's becoming more of a compound now, since we started working on it a few years ago. And with the cattle, sheep, chickens, goats, etc., as well as the garden, we'll be pretty self-sufficient.

· Registered
379 Posts
I remember the Great Blizzard of 1978 in Rhode Island, blackouts, flooding, numerous earthquakes while in California, heat waves while living in Texas, tornados in Florida, hurricanes in NY, civil unrest during Rodney King verdict at college, a tractor trailer driving into my kitchen, tree falling on my home, car crushed by a semi (VW Bug), walking out of a building while it is on fire with the ceiling caving in on top of me.

I think the worst of the natural disasters was a blizzard in NY, I think it was Xmas Eve, and due to the intense winds we lost power to our home. My spouse and I at the time had 2 pets, one that was old with medical issues, and the other that was born with medical issues. My Ex was one of those "live for the day" kind of person, never worrying about tomorrow, while I knew exactly what our predicament was.

I went down to the basement and grabbed the Kerosene heater that I had bought a couple years ago at a garage sale. I only had Coleman white gas on me, so that is what I used to fill up the tank. I put the heater down on the 1st floor living room, and then got 3 Mylar solar blankets and used them as makeshift doors to close off the hallways to the front door, and bathroom, and main living room entrance. Grabbed my portable CO detector and put it on top of the piano.

Next I got my Aerobed out of storage and used a Coleman air pump to inflate it, and covered that bed with a Mylar solar blanket to increase the R factor of the airbed, and then put on sheets and brought down my down comforter. She & our pets went to sleep while I was on the phone calling and leaving voicemail messages on several 24 hour Electricians mailboxes.

I am aware of the dangers using a fuel heater indoors in a not so well-ventilated area, and sure enough, the CO detector went off, as I knew it would Thus why I remained awake. I had a window slightly open in the living room, but the number of BTUs that heater put out was just too much. I fully opened the window in the dining room and opened the Mylar solar blanket to that room and put down my battery-operated fan to exhaust the CO out of the living room. After an 30 minutes I put back the batteries in the CO detector and no sound emitted, so waited another 30 minutes with the current setup to insure that I could turn on again the heater.

I now knew how long it would take before the CO detector would go off, and set my alarm for an hour prior to that time. Instead of the alarm waking me up, it was one of the electricians. Turns out he got my message an hour before, but he didn't want to call me until he knew he could shovel out his truck.

My ex never really understood how dangerous the situation was for us, mostly because of our sickly pets.

So, what am I preparing for? I am preparing to be able to endure harsh situations where the only means of surviving the night is from my knowledge, my gear & resources.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts