Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, you, the person reading this....

I'm on a bunch of blogs and keep reading all the news and whining about the government and losing our rights, executive orders, and guns, yada, yada, yada.

So I'm asking, what are YOU going to do about it? The curious want to know. (Btw, if you didn't vote, don't answer... You don't count and aren't worth it). And burying your head in the sand isn't an option ( unless your chicken or an ostrich).

(This entry should be titled - get off your behind and do something instead of whining)

Answer or flame on.

PatriotPirsteSailor.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
But if people didn't vote because they regarded Obama and Romney as fools, what's wrong with that?
Same over here in Britain, I've never voted for any of the main parties because I've always regarded them as useless fools, and hell will freeze before they get my precious vote..;)

"Which is the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?"- Obi Wan Kenobi
"A vote is like a rifle, wasted in the wrong hands"- Theodore Roosevelt

·
Registered
201 Posts
The first thing is to join the NRA. I know they send out a ton of crap wanting money and have supported causes that may or not be for the good, BUT...they are the first line of defense to a lot of the stuff comming out of DC. They have always stood firm on the 2ndAmendment. I don't always agree with them, but they are there doing everything they can.

Number 2 is getting involved with local government. I don't mean as a prepper, but at least attend local school board, county or city commision meetings. Don't rely on newspaper or TV reports as to what is going on with your local gov. The grassroot gov is where the big dogs in DC will try to bring the most influence to their cause. The more normal people at those meetings will influence how elected officals see the world. If no one cares enough to voice their opinion then they really don't know. I know this goes against what most preppers think. We for the most part want to be left alone and if SHTF we are ready, but we should also prep to try and keep it from happening in the first place.

This of course dosent matter for the Zombie Apocolypse. Forgive me, but if that happens I will be excited. LOL

Flame on!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm on as many forums as I can find attacking any posts that threaten the 2nd Amendment and backing it up with until someone else with the same beliefs comes along to helps. Most of the time they attack the 2nd Amendment then disapaer without defending the point of view. I did get into a perty decent argument with a couple of Aussies last night but which was a bit interesting as Australia went through confiscation and they were perfectly ok with it while I was using it as one of my arguments why gun control would be futile in America. When I got into the Dec of Independence and the 2nd Amendment and what it meant to us as Americans they a hard time understanding. Finally I broke them down by asking if they had an Aussie Dept of Homeland Security and pointed out some of the recent civil liberty violations they are now capable of. That backed em off quite a bit and we got on well after that.

In general I'm seeing a lot more blame going towards Big Pharm then eroding the 2nd Amendment. But then we all have heard what the politicians have been saying and it doesn't include Big Pharm.

I know this might be touchy to some of you but when you see that medical marijuana initiative take a hard look inside at preconceived beliefs and understand there is great evidence now of the medicinal uses for it and along with its textile uses It has Big Pharm a bit on the ropes. It is a proven antidepressant for a lot of people for one which is a huge chunk of change out of there pockets. Then vote what you believe. I would never try to assuage you from what you truly believe is best.

·
Registered
24,344 Posts
I voted for Virgil Goode, of the Constitution party. I did not vote for Globalist-A or Globalist-B, as that would have been worse than throwing away a vote, that would have been voting against the constitution. Were there no options who stood for the constitution, I would not have voted. Do not think I am going to help pick the rope that will be used to hang me.

What to do? The federal government is out of control and is being used by those who want to enslave us. Many incidents are created. Others, like this last one, was the predictable conclusion to drenching our young people's brains in these drugs and telling them there is no God and, therefore, no hope. All of these things are being used to further strip us of our rights. As expected, some are even screaming for security when they should know this means enslavement.

Now, we are going to have to do as the founders expected us to do, and use the states as tools to control the federal monster. Contact your governors and your state congressmen. Also, you might want to let your mayors know we do not expect them to bow down to tyranny, and let the chiefs of police know your thoughts, too.

Some of you might be thinking this will do nothing but let everyone know who to go for, first. Maybe so, but they will come for you, anyway. You have "friends" who are going to point a finger toward you when the chips are down. Might as well stand up and look like you have a backbone.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
...medical marijuana great evidence now of the medicinal uses for it and along with its textile uses It has Big Pharm a bit on the ropes. It is a proven antidepressant...
Problem is, some people abuse drugs of all kinds and get them a bad name. I've never drugged, drank or smoked but if other people need them it's none of my business.
If God didn't want us to have them he wouldn't have put them on earth..:)
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river..Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" -(Ezekiel 47:12)

PS- As regards booze there's nothing wrong with that either if people don't overdo it, heck Jesus turned at least 120 gallons of water to wine and it was even served at the last supper when he said to his mates- "The next time I drink wine I'll be drinking it with you in heaven".
That's me out then, I don't drink (sniffle)..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Everyone who didn't vote or voted for a third party is just as culpable as someone that voted for Barrack H Obama. If you aren't with us, you are against us. Obama was re-elected because the Republicans failed to communicate their message effectively enough to get out the vote.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Everyone who didn't vote or voted for a third party is just as culpable as someone that voted for Barrack H Obama. If you aren't with us, you are against us. Obama was re-elected because the Republicans failed to communicate their message effectively enough to get out the vote.
That's an idiotic way to look at it. While I may agree that those that didn't vote at all bear some of the blame, the main portion lands with those who voted for the clown after he'd been sticking it to use for 4 years, and the Republican establishment for backing a guy that was just as bad. Anybody here that doesn't think Romney would have backed an Assault Weapons Ban is an idiot that hasn't really looked into his past (hint, hint, the guy signed a permanent AWB into law as Governor).

And yes, I did vote for a third party candidate. Glad I did.

·
Registered
24,344 Posts
Really? I hold ALL of you who voted against freedom (that is to say, for the puppets of the two major parties) responsible. If, after all these years, you cannot see that the two parties are in league against the constitution and for the stripping of our wealth and freedom, you will get what you deserve. The only problem with that is that you are taking us down with you.

The Republicans spoke their position very well, their position is not where you continue to think it is. Stop drinking their Kool Aid and stop living in their false paradigm that was created to get you to do exactly as you have been doing. Wake up.

Sound mean? Tough! We are on the verge of losing our nation forever and you are still trying to do the same old thing while expecting different results.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm not an expert on US politics but there were other candidates besides Obama and Romney, but we hardly heard them mentioned (below)
That's how it is in Britain too, the sheeple are fixated on just the two main proven failure Parties (Labour/Tory) even though there are other parties around!

·
Registered
210 Posts
By taking votes away from the opposition or Mitt Romney, the Democrats were able to retain the White House for another disastrous administration. Casting your vote for any candidate other than Obama or Romeny was akin to not voting or writing in Mickey Mouse. Only two candidates received electoral votes. All other votes were wasted.

·
Registered
24,344 Posts
By taking votes away from the opposition or Mitt Romney, the Democrats were able to retain the White House for another disastrous administration. Casting your vote for any candidate other than Obama or Romeny was akin to not voting or writing in Mickey Mouse. Only two candidates received electoral votes. All other votes were wasted.
And, you have been told to only vote for those selected by the controllers.
If you think they are the only ones, give your weapons away, take the meds they dispense and, do not complain about whatever either party gives you. I have been listening to that lame drap ever since I stopped voting for the status quo, Globalist puppets.
Look back and see it had made no difference which of the two held power - the direction has been the same. Blame yourself, not me. I stopped empowering and validating the Evil several years ago.
Lesser Evil is what? Evil.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I lost all of my firearms in a boating accident every last one sank even the Henry 7
With Obama and Holder in power Not a thing we can do your vote don't count.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..Casting your vote for any candidate other than Obama or Romeny was akin to not voting or writing in Mickey Mouse. Only two candidates received electoral votes. All other votes were wasted.
With me, it's a matter of PERSONAL CONSCIENCE! People have been telling me for years that I'm wasting my time voting for minority Brit parties because "They'll never get in!"
Yes I know they'll probably never get into Downing St at the present point in time, but that doesn't matter to me because my conscience WON'T ALLOW me to vote for any of the other ****wits!
So whenever I look at the mess the government is making, I sit with a smug smile on my face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket thinking "It's nothing to do with me, I never voted for them"..:)
The day I vote for somebody I don't like will be the day you can measure me up for a strait jacket!

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is completely incorrect. Not one electoral vote went to a third party in any of the states that I checked. Therefore voting third party is not as bad as voting for Obama. That is just something that the talking heads throw out there to try and confuse ya.

What do I do? I am active in my local government. I do my best to campaign for those I believe will do well for our country, and I try my best to educate the idiots out there.

Reactions: Rocky and Fuzzee

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
im very active and sit on police advisory board, young professionals mentor, executive council professional nantional forum and board of directors fro professional state forum and board of the blue star moms.
every one knows im a gun enthusiast. what will i do. clean up my back yard. so my shit doesnt get swiped and used or haneous puproses.
Im going to buy a DOJ approved safe while the bed safe i commisioned is being built.

i think proper training and storage of firearms is a good place to start. i kinda always thought they were stored nicely my place is a fortress. but im going to make sure my shit stays put

·
Registered
210 Posts
That is completely incorrect. Not one electoral vote went to a third party in any of the states that I checked. Therefore voting third party is not as bad as voting for Obama. That is just something that the talking heads throw out there to try and confuse ya.

What do I do? I am active in my local government. I do my best to campaign for those I believe will do well for our country, and I try my best to educate the idiots out there.
That is exactly why voting for a third party was akin to voting for Mickey Mouse or not voting at all. By voting for any other candidate besides Mitt Romney or Barrack Obama you didn't have a vote at all. You decided to accept whichever idiot won. "When a government no longer represents its people, the people have an right, nay a duty to overthrow it. If not by ballot, then by force."

·
Registered
887 Posts
Start local. Think Global. Did I just make that up or has it been used before ?

Sadly I really lost faith by the time the election rolled up this time. My disgust complete. Anyone worth voting either didn't show or was gone in the first round. But damn that Republican primary was sure worth some laughs for awhile. All that bunch needed was a few hookers and they coulda taken the show on the road. Mitt coulda won but he lost it on the Charisma factor I believe. Its too bad I think he would be a more effective leader in our current situation then our current leader. Who is high on cuteness but has always made some bad Domestic decisions. Anyone

In weather related news we got our first snow last night about a 1/2 inch...not too cold. Nice really

One of the things I appreciate the most about this community is that the matureness of discussion is so elevated. And the respect of others is spot on. We can kid around and have joking chit chat or talk about some really gritty stuff. Thank You. I wish many of you were part of my community as I would feel much safer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts