Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With inflation on the rise and probable hyperinflation around the corner, what items are y’all trying to pick up now before prices go super nuts.

I am working on a list of repair parts for equipment. Concentrating on items with high failure rates. I’m starting to stock up on filters, bearings, belts, hoses and so forth. Also nails, screws and fasteners (as if I don’t have enough of those already lol).

Are you guys stocking up on anything in particular in anticipation of inflation? (Not our regular prepping items since we’re all already in hyper gear on those things)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Scored a Benelli M-4 that's been on my list for a while. Had a dealer price match a wholesale ad. Yep they messed up and I took advantage of the place. Shouldn't hire 18 year old kids to run your store.

Looking for a new fridge that is becoming a challenge. Nothing in stock maybe by fall if we order NOW..

Wanted to pick up another bike but dang prices are through the roof. Dealers show rooms are empty may have waiting to long.

From what I'm seeing the general public is going nuts. Prices are up 30-50% for cars, boats and bikes. Surprisingly they are selling. Everybody is a prepper now and we are paying the price.

Hope people are set with what they have. it's only going to get worse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I'm seeing the general public is going nuts. Prices are up 30-50% for cars, boats and bikes. Surprisingly they are selling. Everybody is a prepper now and we are paying the price.
Yes, there are a lot of “new” preppers out there scrambling to get things together, but at least they are now aware of the need to prep. There’s still a lot of people out there oblivious to what’s coming down the pipes.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,746 Posts
We're pretty well stocked; stocked as I care to be. But they'll never be enough potable water. We have it, but when I think of what we actually use in a day, that'll be where the penance is for sure.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
We're pretty well stocked; stocked as I care to be. But they'll never be enough potable water. We have it, but when I think of what we actually use in a day, that'll be where the penance is for sure.

Water is always an issue here as well. I bought a Berkey water filter with chlorine filters as well, just to filter the tap water, but will also work on any rain water up to 3,000 gallons, I think. I want to pick up a couple extra regular filters, just to have on hand if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Water is always an issue here as well. I bought a Berkey water filter with chlorine filters as well, just to filter the tap water, but will also work on any rain water up to 3,000 gallons, I think. I want to pick up a couple extra regular filters, just to have on hand if needed.
I use a berkey also. It’s just a damned shame their black filters are so expensive.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Oooh, my wife has stocked us up with just about anything you can eat--I'm the one who might be falling behind! Yes, I have lots of brass and just about any set of casting blocks you can name. The problem is that I am out of practice. When I first heard that "the monsters were coming" I made sure everything I owned had live rounds in it--even the pockets of my jeans. Then the pandemic never surfaced. Never shot a single interloper, not even just to scare one off.

Yes, I have a nasty, bug-covered stash of wheel weights and hunks of tin I traded up for. Of course, now you can buy bullets some other guy cast for even cheaper prices. In fact, I still have one of those big butter tubs full of cast bullets I seldom can recognize. What I need is one of those military folding shovels. Ammunition I can sling at the bad guys, but finding a place to hide is the bigger problem...

·
Administrator
15,266 Posts
Starting last spring, at the beginning of covid, my wife began increasing ALL our preps from one years worth to three years.
We also have been busy planting fruit trees.
I haven’t had to worry about ammo for at least 10 years now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll be picking up a dual fuel generator here in the next week or so with a few propane 100# tanks and few 40# tanks. Need to get more ammo and food into the hoard. If I could I would get more primers for reloading but can't find them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be picking up a dual fuel generator here in the next week or so with a few propane 100# tanks and few 40# tanks. Need to get more ammo and food into the hoard. If I could I would get more primers for reloading but can't find them.
Well, I don’t know about other areas, but our local gun shop is beginning to get 9mm. Picked up one 200 round box for 35 cents per round. They also had 5.45x39 for 43 cents per round. I picked up two boxes. I hope y’all are finding the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ammoseek.com

This website / search engine make finding ammo easy for the most part.

7.62x39 is dropped down in price enough where I will finally order some more. The price of ammo will definitely shot back up and be hard to fine in short order

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Scored a new truck not 3 miles from my house. 97 heavy F-250 5.8l gasser with auto trans only 102k. Has a couple issues which is why it's on the trailer. Front brake caliper stuck, needs muffler and 3-4 year old gas. Surprisingly she runs pretty darn nice. Interior is really nice and she's pretty much rust free. Don't get much for $1450 these days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Pro one fliters are little bit cheaper I made my own water filtration system out of 2-5 gallon buckets
Where did you get your buckets? Or did you already have them??

I've been on the lookout for 5 gallon buckets and can't seem to find them locally and not wanting to pay $10-$15 each on Amazon.

Walmart doesn't have them, even asked at the bakery and neither does the feed store, which is where I bought them previously. Have even looked at a couple of hardware stores and still didn't find them, though I may not have looked in the right aisle

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scored a new truck not 3 miles from my house. 97 heavy F-250 5.8l gasser with auto trans only 102k. Has a couple issues which is why it's on the trailer. Front brake caliper stuck, needs muffler and 3-4 year old gas. Surprisingly she runs pretty darn nice. Interior is really nice and she's pretty much rust free. Don't get much for $1450 these days.
$1450 !!!!!! Why can’t I ever run across steals like that? That’s an awesome score!

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Where did you get your buckets? Or did you already have them??

I've been on the lookout for 5 gallon buckets and can't seem to find them locally and not wanting to pay $10-$15 each on Amazon.

Walmart doesn't have them, even asked at the bakery and neither does the feed store, which is where I bought them previously. Have even looked at a couple of hardware stores and still didn't find them, though I may not have looked in the right aisle
I’ve bought white food grade buckets and lids at lowes at reasonable prices.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts