Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by some great....cough cough....forum topics what are you murdering, I mean eating today? What's your favorite bbq food? Any cool grills or cooking techniques?

Found a nice rabbit from last year nestled amongst his brothers and sisters in the bottom of my freezer.

Hassenpfeffer it is!

·
Registered
12,493 Posts
I had a hardboiled egg, two cheese sticks and three small beef sticks for breakfast. I will not have any lunch (I rarely have lunch during the work week). I will likely have a salad for dinner. Since I am a cripple I have to limit my caloric intake.

·
Super Moderator
3,579 Posts
Well I was inspired to make a BLT for lunch today. I went ahead and made extra bacon for the baked potatoes we will be having with the pork chops we are having for dinner. Why eat just a potato when you can add bacon, cheese, butter and sour cream?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hey Bushman
PM me the best way to cook rabbit.
Never done it but always been curious about cooking them.
Thanks
BoF

Inspired by some great....cough cough....forum topics what are you murdering, I mean eating today? What's your favorite bbq food? Any cool grills or cooking techniques?

Found a nice rabbit from last year nestled amongst his brothers and sisters in the bottom of my freezer.

Hassenpfeffer it is!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Something I found in the freezer that I cooked a few months ago, can't remember. Looks like it has chicken, smells like it has cabbage and onions. Must have been good then or I wouldn't have saved it. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hassenpfeffer it is!
I do love me some rabbit!!! I've raised both chickens and rabbits and I hate to say it - they do kinda taste the same! Haha........ Both are excellent for homesteaders and off gridders. Even city dwellers in most areas can raise either. I mainly had chickens for eggs and meat but the rabbits are just delicious!!! Give 'em a try!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I do love me some rabbit!!! I've raised both chickens and rabbits and I hate to say it - they do kinda taste the same! ...
Lol @Hydrobates. This reminded me of something that happened years ago. My college attending daughter came home for a weekend and we went to a cajun restaurant for lunch. She fully intended to order alligator. I told her, laughing, it's gonna "taste like chicken". After a couple of cocktails, the food came. She took a couple of bites of her alligator, I asked her, "Well?" She laughed and said, "Tastes like chicken."

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Tonight;
Me;
1 Chicken Breast pounded to about 1/2" and cooked in Olive Oil in Cast Iron Skillet. With Onions and Peppers. Tony Chechere's seasoning. 1 bite size Heath Bar for desert.

Mrs S had a tomato, cucumber and basil salad with Feta Cheese and Olive Oil/Balsamic dressing. Very refreshing looking. She is having a Coconut Cookie for desert.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Hey Bushman
PM me the best way to cook rabbit.
Never done it but always been curious about cooking them.
Thanks
BoF
I've only cooked rabbit 2 ways.

One way is to soak in a milk/cream solution for an hour or so then dredge in seasoned flour and fry it like fried chicken in veggie oil.

The second way I've cooked it is to bake it on the grill in a foil container with lots of butter and worcestershire sauce. Salt/Pepper liberally as rabbit doesn't have a big taste, for me anyway. Your almost boiling the rabbit slowly in the butter worcestershire solution as it bakes.

I've eaten rabbit in gumbo's and suspect you would brown the rabbit meat before you add it to the gumbo much like you'd brown sausage or chicken. But I've never prepared it in a gumbo.

·
Administrator
15,253 Posts
I cranked up the truck, drove across the state line to Quick Chic in Folkston, Georgia.
Best fried chicken in the South.
For sides we got mashed taters and gravy plus green beans.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts