Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than my Bible reading...

The last book I've completed reading was "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob, refreshed my memory of some things I'd known but not thought on for some time and brought to light some new ones. Highly recommend.
In the Gravest Extreme: The Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection: Massad F. Ayoob: 9780936279008: Amazon.com: Books

I had been reading "On Combat" by Lt.Col. Dave Grossman, but got stuck/bored about 1/2 way through. It's good information, just lost my way in there. May pick it up again later.
On Combat, The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace: Dave Grossman, Loren W. Christensen: 9780964920545: Amazon.com: Books

I've perused through the "Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving", interesting, but since it is mostly recipes and I don't have any canning equipment yet it is back on the shelf.
Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving: Judi Kingry, Lauren Devine: 9780778801313: Amazon.com: Books

What has completely grabbed my attention is "Root Cellaring" by Mike & Nancy Bubel. I'm totally engrossed and it is in my hand at every free moment. I love this book even though I have no garden or a place to turn into a root cellar. There just may be a country boy in here somewhere after all.
Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits & Vegetables: Mike Bubel, Nancy Bubel: 0037038007039: Amazon.com: Books

So, what are you currently reading or just finished?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Massad Ayoob in real life makes Chuck Norris's characters look like Sponge Bob. "In the Gravest Extreme" is probably a great read.

I've been stuck working on this book for MONTHS and MONTHS now. There's so much to absorb, then get out into the field and practice it's mind boggling. Would help if I had a 2,000 yard range in my back yard! :D I've heard when Iraqis saw how effective sniper techniques were against them, they started using this book as a training manual (Note: "started". If they'd finished it, we'd still be over there getting our butts kicked by them!)

View attachment 3131 View attachment 3132

Also waiting on both of these to arrive: CODY LUNDIN: outdoor survival, primitive living skills, and urban preparedness courses

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
In the middle of Heroes Proved by Ollie North at the moment.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just finished Ferfals economic collapse book last night.

I had put off buying it for a long time due to the high price tag but I'm glad I did pick it up, very good book - but of course there are things he leaves out and things I think differently on - but all in all it might be my new favorite book to suggest for new preppers.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I finished David Brin's The Postman recently. Good read. Interesting perspective on a particular group of survivalists we've all encountered.

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
I usually have several going at once. Right now it's Eisenhower, The War Years 1943-1945 by his grandson David Eisenhower; To The Mariannas by Edwin Hoyt; and A History Of WWII by B.H. Liddel-Hart.
And the latest edition of America In WWII magazine just came. Whoopie!

Did I ever mention I'm a huge fan of military history, esp. WWII??:mrgreen:

Reactions: Silverbullet

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Just finished the latest issue of Handloader.

I'll be starting Circle of Stars by Anna Lee Waldo tonight. Something about English life before the colonies.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LDS Preparedness Manual, and Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy (lost count of how many times I have read this one)

Reactions: Inor

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Would you like to know how 42 was arrived at?

Take the sacred numbers; 3, 4 ,7 and the number of lunar months in a year, 13, the number of days in a lunar month, 28 and the number of days in a year, 365. add them all together and divide by the first numerological impossible number 10. 3+4+7+13+28+365 = 420 divided by 10 = 42.

And that is the rest of the story.... Good night and may God bless....

Reactions: Inor and jimb1972

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
"Extortion". A real eye opener...

But also just bringing to light what we have suspected all along... Deep deep corruption in the US government... But legal corruption as congress makes the laws and make them to suit/profit themselves not because it's right.

I am more convinced than ever that Amerika is in trouble.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"The rise and fall of the third reich"....for about a month now. Just started "Inside seal team six" by Don Mann,a seal for 17 years and ST-6 training officer. the first couple chapters are awesome.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just today received in the mail author A. Americans book entitled "Surviving Home". It is his second in the series with the first being "Going Home". If it is half as good as his first book, it will be well worth reading.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts