Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
LC9S there is a gun and ammunition just in side the door way. And a big dog wandering in and out.
That is the smallest gun I own and one of my favorites (what a trigger!). When I owned my Vulcan, I kept that gun in the lower cargo pocket of my riding pants in a Desantis Nemesis holster, so I could reach it without having to get under my jacket.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Just peddled a deceased pals 9x19 at the behest of his Widow. Very good shape and in the box but shot a few times for 500 bucks...green laser on the bottom of the front. Still have the money in my pocket to give to her Wednesday. Do that sound fair or did somebody get hurt? Thanks.
Sounds like everyone came out fine on that one, in the current market.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had a Hellcat IWB on my travels today...but there's always a KelTec 2000 and 200 rounds, folded up in the trunk...watching a ballgame on TV tonight with an LCP in my pocket.
My Hellcats been getting the nod a lot for off duty carry. Other then that it's the Glock 23. Not my first choice in model.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LC9S there is a gun and ammunition just in side the door way. And a big dog wandering in and out.
That, and a Kershaw OSO Sweet pocket knife, and almost forgot 1 spare mag.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,950 Posts
Good choice. The Gen 3 19 is my favorite Glock. I have multiples of that one.
My previous was a Gen4. This one is a 3. The only thing I've found that I really miss from the 4 is the larger mag release. I can get used to this, but it feels so far away.
Still a fine gun.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Today I'm carrying a 300 BLK pistol.

TMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Front or rear pocket? joking an AR pretending to be a hand gun is pretty hard as a daily carry.

Reactions: SOCOM42

·
Registered
229 Posts
XDS 45 4". I'd carry 1911 but I have been carrying XD as my duty gun and wanna keep things the same.

Also carrying xds 4" gives me the ability to use xds 3.3 as my BUG (fits just right in a pocket) and use same mags. Granted when in IWB or OWB holster I have it as 6+1 with a 7 round spare mag. In pocket I have it as a 5+1 setup so that it fits better.

It's not much different in a way from a 1911 which in its original form was 7+1 and given a choice it would be my first choice.....

I have my LCP if I need something really small, or see a need to carry a third gun.

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
I carry my Glock in this little beauty: Cross Draw Holster - Craft Holsters® :).
I'm giving tentative approval to this comment. It was marked as potential spam by the site spam bot due to being a first post with a link it it.
Prove it wrong or the account gets nuked. ;-)
Drop a thread in the New Member Introduction section. That'll do it.

Reactions: Annie

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I just bought another folder that uses one of these "toggling locking pivots." The nice about the knife is that you can take it apart with your bare hands. Consider this, your wife want a fancy mean, and the restaurant's cutlery is tragic. I have talked you into buying a CRKT 'Prequel' and you've been slicing everything with ease.

It's not a slight or a slam. I bought a few of these knives because I get roped into meals I did not plan. I can drench the folder in gravy, wrap it in a napkin and clean it next Saturday. Life should be made easier for all of our toys...

·
Registered
701 Posts
My Kimber, my tactical pen and my pepper spray. Traveling light in this heat.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
Picked up a Shield Plus to replace my Shield 1.0 on Father's Day.
3D printing a spacer right now for my double-stack mag holder to accommodate the new magazine size.
I'll be carrying this today, instead of my normal Glock 19.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,810 Posts
Gun: Glock 43x
Mags: Shield Arms 15rnd steel flush-fit and backup 10rnd standard
Holster Urban Carry OWB LockLeather
Ammo: Hornady Critical Defense
Glock 43 and Hornady, here. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I do carry, it’s my S&W full size M&P 9. I don’t usually carry while working around the home place. Sweat, humidity and dirt abound. I hardly ever go to town, and when I do, it’s shopping which includes the commissary. Can’t even have one in the truck when going on base. BTW, I love my Safariland holster.

·
Registered
Defense, food, shelter, primitive medicine, and bushcraft. I think everything falls under those.
33 Posts
Sitting at my kitchen table for the last hour or so reading, drinking coffee and wearing athletic shorts with my XDs 3.3” 9mm on my hip (IWB) and a 9mm Sig P226 on the table. The gun on the table varies on occasion.

After I go walking a little later and have had a shower, I’ll switch to jeans and the gun on my hip will change.

I may never be a victim of home invasion, but I will remain ever vigilant.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
reading, drinking coffee and wearing athletic shorts

I've been doing about the same. My SIL showed up so I went to the gym. I got back, and she was still here. So I went to the gym again, and now she's sleeping, probably from the meals. I did ask for a morning chance at the men's sauna. Clean, dry, and hotter than a redhead's ire. I'll post some items tomorrow--the sauna has all the good jokes and the local misadventures of the gym owners.

Now, this may seem odd to you, but I do not like people, especially those I am related to. If they show up, it usually over something they lost--like their third job or the entire motor out of their 'Vette. I don't know, and I don't care. And when they mention I was a mechanic, I remind them my tenure was over 1970 Harley motorcycles. And mostly it's about their European scooter I never heard of where the lug-nuts have to be tightened by turning them backward.

Well, it looks like my luck has changed! I have just slipped my dry F-150 into a dry garage, driven over a very dry driveway. Then suddenly the skies opened and my neighborhood is being pelted with some very intense rain! That means all my relatives are going to need a warm, safe home. Maybe I should check my ammo...

161 - 180 of 194 Posts