Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 169 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
God isn't mentioned in the Constitution, for starters, which is what we are discussing. Understood?
The document leading to the Constitution is called The Declaration of Independence. In this document they state the reason for the Constitution and the why. Let me remind you what is states.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-
This led to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You may choose to ignore this part as you wish but it's there.

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
God isn't mentioned in the Constitution, for starters, which is what we are discussing. Understood?
Not good with reading comprehension, I see. I also mentioned the Declaration of Independence, which made it clear that our unalienable rights were endowed by our Creator. Furthermore, were you to bother reading additional writings, you'll see that the Founders were clear on that.
What does that mean to us? That means our rights were given to us by an authority higher than the federal government and that the government doesn't have authority to take them away.

As you said, understood?

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
The document leading to the Constitution is called The Declaration of Independence. In this document they state the reason for the Constitution and the why. Let me remind you what is states.

This led to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You may choose to ignore this part as you wish but it's there.
Sorry, Didn't see your post, so I reiterated what you said. I was responding to a "quote" notification.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
View attachment 107129

Always have my P95 9mm in my purse. Got my CHL soon after starting work as a Commercial Realtor. Found myself having to meet with people i didnt know alone..alot.
Good for you. Anyone working alone and meeting strangers in the realty biz should go heavy.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Browning 1910.

·
Registered
743 Posts
For years my daily carry was a Glock 19 9mm. But I was a driver and I generally had it in my driver bag or in a coat pocket. But I currently run a sales counter and wanted something a bit smaller and lighter so I got a S&W 638-3 .38 Special with a semi-shrouded hammer. Fits perfectly in my back pocket. The downside, of course, is that I went from a 15 round magazine to a 5 round cylinder. So I keep a speed loader near my station and another 5 rounds in my front pocket. But if I can't stop a threat with 5 rounds then perhaps I deserve to die :)sad2:).

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
Reactions: ActionJackson
101 - 120 of 169 Posts