Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Getting ready to go across the state line and pick up a couple dinners of good ol' Georgia fried chicken for me and the Boss Lady.
Since I haven't been anywhere with a population of more than 2,000 or so since I retired, I feel just fine with my pea shooter in my front pocket - Ruger LCP2 loaded with 90 grain Hornady Critical Defense. 7 rounds inserted, 6 more on my belt. With a sheath knife if'n they get too close.

I really feel sorry for you folks that live where you need such armament as I've seen in this thread.
Remember - cows make the best neighbors.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Browning high power. In 9 mm.
Excellent! You have superb taste in handguns.
There are probably some here that (a) don't even know what that is, or (b) turn their nose up because it's not a high speed low drag plastic pistol that holds a gazillion rounds,

The High Power is perhaps John Browning's best pistol design, or, at the very least, equal to his Model 1911
I have always wanted a pre-WW2 example, but I'm at that age and stage where to buy another gun, I'd have to sell one or more to get the money. And I don't really want to part with any I have. (Except for the Taurus PT1911).

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
I think so because my "carry" is sitting on the table next to me while I knit.
Good for you. That is taking responsibility for your own safety, an excellent approach to life.
my wife's Sig P365 is in a drawer right next to her chair, where at this very moment she's looking at her I-Pad.

Most of my weapons are in the bedroom, about 12 feet from where I sit.
But in a desk drawer right next to my recliner, I can literally reach and touch it, is a Colt Police Positive Special chambered for 38 S&W Special.
She's a Third Generation, made in 1972. I'm an official Old Geezer and I like revolvers the best.

I have another Colt PP that I use for a barn yard gun, a First Generation made in 1921 chambered in 32-20.
How many people do you know that regularly carries a one hundred year old gun chambered in an obscure caliber? Nickle plated, too!
Man, I be cool!!!:vs_cool:

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Today I’m in the “big city” of Callahan, Florida.
Three traffic lights and 1200 people.
I’m packing heavy - Taurus 605 snub nose .357 magnum in front pocket, HKS speed loader with 5 more rounds in my other pocket.
In my truck console is a 4” Taurus 65 .357 magnum.
I’m a .357 guy.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
I carry an officers model 1911 in 45 ACP, which I made from an 80% receiver.
I have often thought about carrying my Colt Commander 45 ACP. In a simple leather OWB rig such as I had made for my J-Frame snub.
Being left handed, it is very hard to buy quality gear right off the shelf.

I have to admit, nothing increases confidence as much as having a 1911A1 in 45 ACP handy.
Especially in these troubled times.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Reactions: ActionJackson

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Since something killed two of my chickens 5 nights ago, and I set up my game cam and photo'd a bobcat, I'm staying ready at a moments notice night and day.

On the desk right next to me, ready to grab and run, is a Stoeger Uplander SXS 20 ga double, a Ruger MkIII in holster ready to strap, a Maglight, an LED Mini Maglight.

He, or she, has not been back since, but the game cam is turned on at sundown, the Hav-A-Heart trap is freshly baited with fresh chicken meat each night, and RPD is ready.
Good thing we are fairly isolated, because after two nights I gave up sleeping in jeans and went back to usual - nude. Wouldn't be a pretty sight for neighbors to see a chunky 72 year old naked guy running to the chicken pen with a shotgun in one hand and a flashlight in the other.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Well, today I was working all day clearing these nasty vines from the chainlink around the chicken pen, and also from a couple unused chainlink dog kennels that are in an adjacent area.
So, I was carrying one of my Ruger Single Sixes, the one with 6.5" barrel and magnum cylinder.
First three rounds were CCI snake shot, final three were Winchester Dynapoint 45 grain loads.

Snakes around the sheds are left alone, but if I find one in the chicken area it is lights out. Snakes big enough will steal eggs, and snakes of any size will freak out the hens and sometimes they'll stop laying for a while they are so scared.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts