Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Today my wife and I just walked and made a big loop around neighboring areas. Yes, there was one long, dark, walkway with a penumbra of tree tops. Just knives and hiking shoes. I did see one very dangerous looking squirrel, but other than that...

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Right now I just have a knife and six Horizon Bladeworks pens. I'll be home most of the day, and the pistols are right where I left them...

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I just bought another folder that uses one of these "toggling locking pivots." The nice about the knife is that you can take it apart with your bare hands. Consider this, your wife want a fancy mean, and the restaurant's cutlery is tragic. I have talked you into buying a CRKT 'Prequel' and you've been slicing everything with ease.

It's not a slight or a slam. I bought a few of these knives because I get roped into meals I did not plan. I can drench the folder in gravy, wrap it in a napkin and clean it next Saturday. Life should be made easier for all of our toys...

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
reading, drinking coffee and wearing athletic shorts

I've been doing about the same. My SIL showed up so I went to the gym. I got back, and she was still here. So I went to the gym again, and now she's sleeping, probably from the meals. I did ask for a morning chance at the men's sauna. Clean, dry, and hotter than a redhead's ire. I'll post some items tomorrow--the sauna has all the good jokes and the local misadventures of the gym owners.

Now, this may seem odd to you, but I do not like people, especially those I am related to. If they show up, it usually over something they lost--like their third job or the entire motor out of their 'Vette. I don't know, and I don't care. And when they mention I was a mechanic, I remind them my tenure was over 1970 Harley motorcycles. And mostly it's about their European scooter I never heard of where the lug-nuts have to be tightened by turning them backward.

Well, it looks like my luck has changed! I have just slipped my dry F-150 into a dry garage, driven over a very dry driveway. Then suddenly the skies opened and my neighborhood is being pelted with some very intense rain! That means all my relatives are going to need a warm, safe home. Maybe I should check my ammo...

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Must be tough carrying an F-150, real tough if it is wet.

Well, considering this F-150 is 27 years old I think a nice dry garage is the least I can do. In fact, usually the Ford shop I go to might even spray the bottom side of your truck to get the road salt off your under-carriage.

Over the years there has been a few minor gizmos that need a going over. The one thing I haven't needed is a thorough rebuild of the engine. I have 120,000 on it now, and the mechanics tell me it should go 200,000 for a good tune-up.

It might sound like bragging, but when all the neighbors cannot get a vehicle started my F-150 turns on the first key-start.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Today I got lazy. Frankly, I was tired of the patter and the reasons I had to dream up over the vital items I felt were needed that day in Wisconsin. The problem here is that I'm in a fairly friendly area and I haven't seen or smelled a fight in ten years--or at least it felt like ten years.

More to the point, I'm more dangerous with a knife than a firearm. The issue is pretty simple. People in Wisconsin were some of the last civil citizens to obtain a personal firearm from the state agencies. For me, a "knife" is a tool I used for over 20 years. A personal "firearm" is something I sadly might use going to a mall at night.

I do use a small .380 pistol when I'm just out retrieving my wife and the big bundle of packages she might buy. I guess I don't find the additional "vital enhancement" most of you feel over a pistol. My knife edges reflect a mirror finish, and for most loud-mouth guys, just a simple flash is more than they seem to need to withdraw...

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Well, guys, I did do some additional thinking, and much of that has to do with my wife.

Now, my wife has all of the premium steel knives a woman can use, but in the end she cannot tell a butcher knife from a stiletto. She just doesn't care in the long run. Guns to her are just "loud boys' toys."

She does let me buy them, but then, with all the additional chores I must due many of these toys get pretty dusty...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts